The evolution of sense is, in a sense, the evolution of nonsense. - Vladimir Nabokov
Captain Cynic Guides
Administrative Contact
Talk Talk
Philosophy Forum
Religion Forum
Psychology Forum
Science & Technology Forum
Politics & Current Events Forum
Health & Wellness Forum
Sexuality & Intimacy Forum
Product Reviews
Stories & Poetry Forum
Art Forum
Movie/TV Reviews
Jokes & Games
Photos, Videos & Music Forum

Defining Quality of Mind

User Thread
 33yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that zachf is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
Defining Quality of Mind
Side project, just for kicks.

Terms used.
Intellectual - Possessing or showing the understanding of knowledge both rational and creativity
Smart - Synonymous with intelligent and clever
Intelligent - Having the ability perceive and comprehend meaning
Genius - Exceptionally and naturally intellectual
Knowledgeable - Synonym of intelligent
Wise - Intelligent via learning of judgment and deep understanding
Clever - Mentally quick
Inventive - Ingeniously creative
Learned - Mastery of a study
Creative - Imaginative, inventive
Studied - Knowledge acquired
Scholar - having interest to learn
Brilliant - Extraordinarily intelligent
Rational - Based on or in accordance with reason or logic
Comprehend - Grasp mentally; understand
Judgment - The ability to make considered decisions or come to sensible conclusions
Study - Devote time and attention to acquiring knowledge
Skills - The ability to do something well; expertise
Savant - a person of learning; especially : one with detailed knowledge in some specialized field (as of science or literature)
Originality - The ability to think independently and creatively
Imagination - The faculty or action of forming new ideas, or images or concepts of external objects not present to the senses
Insight - The capacity to gain an accurate and deep intuitive understanding of a person or thing
Realization - An act of becoming fully aware of something as a fact

"Whether we wake or we sleep, Whether we carol or weep, The Sun with his Planets in chime, Marketh the going of Time. -Edward Fitzgerald"
 33yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that zachf is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
I should note, I define quality of mind based on open-mindedness but I thought this was an ok diagram so I posted it to hear feed back.

"Whether we wake or we sleep, Whether we carol or weep, The Sun with his Planets in chime, Marketh the going of Time. -Edward Fitzgerald"
 45yrs • M
A CTL of 1 means that Cainchild is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
Clever - Mentally quick

Clever: Cognitively adaptive and agile, capable of improvising with the confoundation of limited conventional alternatives. Able to provide semi effective solutions to a wide variety of challenges, without comprehensive planning and often without adequate resources.

Knowledgeable is not really something I would call a synonym of intelligent. I would look into crystallized vs fluid intelligence for my reasoning. Easily put, knowledge is facts, errata and so forth that have been acquired. Intelligence is the ability to anticipate and solve problems, to manipulate information(gross) internally and to utilize it.

A great example. A lot of people have the stats of entire sports teams memorized, this is knowledge.

Now ask that same individual to open a logic based puzzle box that requires a complex strategy, or solve a rubiks cube. The same person that knows the stats may not be able to solve the box or cube.

Thus the same guy has a tremendous knowledge, but low to moderate intelligence.

This is intelligence.

I think of it like the difference between the data stores on a hard drive vs CPU speed and a matching set of algorithms to solve a set of quandaries.

"Fear is the emotion that prevents us from doing thing we shouldn't have thought of to begin with."
Defining Quality of Mind
About Captain Cynic
Common FAQ's
Captain Cynic Guides
Contact Us
Terms of Use
Privacy Policy
General Forum Rules
Cynic Trust Levels
Administrative Contact Forum
Registration
Lost Password
General Discussion
Philosophy Forums
Psychology Forums
Health Forums
Quote Submissions
Promotions & Links
 Captain Cynic on Facebook
 Captain Cynic on Twitter
 Captain Cynic RSS Feed
 Daily Tasker
Copyright © 2011 Captain Cynic All Rights Reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy