Your scars are there to prove a point, not make you feel or look ugly. - Astarte
Captain Cynic Guides
Administrative Contact
Talk Talk
Philosophy Forum
Religion Forum
Psychology Forum
Science & Technology Forum
Politics & Current Events Forum
Health & Wellness Forum
Sexuality & Intimacy Forum
Product Reviews
Stories & Poetry Forum
Art Forum
Movie/TV Reviews
Jokes & Games
Photos, Videos & Music Forum

Fat Loss Tips

User Thread
 42yrs • F •
Fat Loss Tips
Okay guys, lets get together and make a compilation of weight loss tips about what individuals need to do to lose weight.

Ideas that are realistic and natural.

No dieting pill suggestions or fads.

"Do not go where the path may lead, go instead where there is no path and leave a trail."
 42yrs • F •
- Drink loads of water. As your body goes through physical changes with your exercise regiment, water becomes a vital constituent in losing weight.

"Do not go where the path may lead, go instead where there is no path and leave a trail."
 40yrs • M
A CTL of 1 means that DannyDuberstein is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
Avoid mixing carbs with fats, especially when carb cycling. Low carb days require a slightly higher fat intake for energy/hormonal output.

Also, do not be discouraged when losing weight if you begin to appear "fatter" than before (squishy, watery "fat" problems), as it is not "fat" at all. But it IS water. Your body will retain water in fat cells as the calories leave them. Be consistent in your plans and you'll notice what they call a "whoosh" effect (magically, 3-4 pounds will vanish overnight, leaving you appearing leaner and lighter).

"Just a fleck in the immeasurable circumference?"
 40yrs • M
A CTL of 1 means that DannyDuberstein is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
Steady state, INTENSE cardio is never a good idea. Less is more in this department. Overexerting takes away recovery capability from resistance training (which you should be doing) and spikes cortisol (a stress hormone that when high lowers testosterone/insulin sensitivity).

Either perform HIIT cardio for 15-25 minutes, without killing yourself, but producing some good sweat beads or steady state incline treadmill walking before and/or after resistance training for a total of 45 minutes per session. You should sweat your ass off, literally, from this hill climbing. You can also do either of these on your off days.

The HIIT is leg intensive, and will eat into leg recovery. Keep it away from leg training days. The steady state incline treadmill can be done anytime and will actually improve recovery.

40yrs • M
For a supplement that actually works, you won't have to go to a GNC and spend an ass-ton of money. Go hit up a Walgreens and buy some Bronkaid (active ingredient is Ephedrine 25mg). Get that and a package of caffeine pills (200 mg) and a bottle of baby aspirin (81 mg). Pop one of each together, twice daily, and it will ramp up fat loss a good bit by ramping up metabolism, heat, nutrient partitioning, and getting low blood flow areas flowing (stubborn fat deposit areas will free fatty acids in the cells with this).
This also acts as an anti-catabolic in that it reduces muscle wasting while dieting. This is a ghetto version of what is called the "ECA stack."
Assess your tolerance,though. Start the regimen with 100mg caffeine in the mixture (bite a tablet in half). Start low, go slow, and then bump up dose. Never exceed more than 25mg eph. in a sitting.

42yrs • F •
@ DannyDuberstein - please stick to natural weight loss solutions & no dieting pills/fads suggestions. Mixing ephedrine/caffine/aspirin is not a natural means to lose weight and it could have dangerous side effects on individuals.

40yrs • M
People need to learn what's effective. Here are some terms to google for further research:

LISS cardio
HIIT cardio
Carb Cycling
Whoosh Fat Loss Effect
Cortisol and Catabolism
ECA Stack

*The ECA stack is as safe as one wants it to be. Research on how to use said supplement is necessary. It can help a good bit, especially while hypocaloric crashing occurs. Feel free to dismiss it. Others might find it useful, though.

40yrs • M
And Decius, you know I gotta show I got that knowledge boooooooooy. Word up!

40yrs • M
Decius' post is fundamental truth. We burn calories at rest. It doesn't stop when exercise stops. In fact, it takes calories to digest calories.

Which brings in another fat loss tip, eating high energy exchange foods will further aid fat loss (foods requiring a lot of energy to digest; some of which do not digest at all (think fiber)).

Cooked lean meats, raw/fibrous veggies, complex carbs, and essential fatty acids are where it's at.

40yrs • M
Just got back from the gym. Today was squat and GPP day. GPP, for those of you who may be wondering, is awesome. It stands for GENERAL PHYSICAL PREPAREDNESS.

It's more than just that, though. GPP should be implemented to focus on an aspect of your physical training that is neglected or deficient. For instance, if you're into powerlifting like me, you'd need to do some GPP to get your endurance strength up to support a better cardiovascular system and enable your work capacity (amount of exercise you can handle) grow. Well-rounded fitness is better than simple being literally well-rounded (aka a lardass).

What would make for good GPP you ask? Well, since I usually lift heavy weights that are close to my maximum strength capacity, it wouldn't be lifting heavy weights. I have strong muscles but cannot sustain their use for long. I focus on endurance with GPP. GPP options for me include:

1. Steady state incline treadmill (9 on the incline with a 4 mph pace) for 45 minutes. This is good while dieting down, as it's not taxing, helps recovery, and promotes fat loss.
2. Rope skipping for ten minutes. Shadow boxing for ten minutes. Heavy bag drills for ten minutes. Done (used to box, and like to keep some semblance of combat knowledge). This is just plain fun. Good for gaining or dieting regimens. Fun stuff is needed sometimes.
3. Circuit training, which involves high rep exercises (10-25 reps) with sub-maximal weight/bodyweight. I did this today after squats. Today's circuit involved 4 sets of the following with little rest as possible:

12 dumbbells squats
25 decline situps
12 dumbbell side bends
10 wide grip pullups

This is better suited for when you're trying to up your work capacity in a gaining phase. I'm back to upped calories and trying to get my swole on. So I am hitting this GPP hard again.

4. Barbell complexes with sub-maximal weight. It's essentially the same as number 3, but you use one tool for the job. A circuit I do looks like this. Do something similar in four sets with as little rest as possible. I use an 85 lb. barbell weight to do this:

12 stiff leg deadlifts
10 barbell rows
12 back squats
10 military presses
12 back squats again

This is fun, too. It's similar to the last one, but it's even faster, which gets your heart going bigtime. I find, though, that it can be a bit taxing on the muscles if you're not careful. Keep the weight VERY modest. You should NEVER "feel a burn" when doing these.

Some of the above methods even produce slight hypertrophy (muscle growth); all promote recovery. Don't push it too hard with the weight, though. It's NOT a lifting session. Don't let this eat into your real weight workouts. This is meant to augment your weight workouts, again, but improving your endurance and upping your overall work capacity.

35yrs • M
A CTL of 1 means that awakendwraith is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
Amazing thread. Really digging the direction this place is going.

"Why cry for those that often cry? Instead, help them smile, and smile for those that smile."
 34yrs • M •
Bob Smith is new to Captain Cynic and has less than 15 posts. New members have certain restrictions and must fill in CAPTCHAs to use various parts of the site.
Use the glycemic index and keep foods under 50 with a high protein diet. After a month or two introduce a bit more fruit in the diet to balance it out.

38yrs • M •
thomasmite996 is new to Captain Cynic and has less than 15 posts. New members have certain restrictions and must fill in CAPTCHAs to use various parts of the site.
Following are some tips to loss fat:-
Daily exercises for 30 to 40 mints,
Go on walk,
other activities like swimming, running, jogging, cycling etc.
Deny all the fat and oily foods items.
Use only fresh fruits and boiled vegetables.
Drink juices after every 2 hours to maintain energy.
Drink water mostly about 8 to 10 glasses.
It help to burn fat and reduce weight...

Fat Loss Tips
About Captain Cynic
Common FAQ's
Captain Cynic Guides
Contact Us
Terms of Use
Privacy Policy
General Forum Rules
Cynic Trust Levels
Administrative Contact Forum
Registration
Lost Password
General Discussion
Philosophy Forums
Psychology Forums
Health Forums
Quote Submissions
Promotions & Links
 Captain Cynic on Facebook
 Captain Cynic on Twitter
 Captain Cynic RSS Feed
 Daily Tasker
Copyright © 2011 Captain Cynic All Rights Reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy