Make everything you do perfect and perfection will always attract you - JulieLindberg
Captain Cynic Guides
Administrative Contact
Talk Talk
Philosophy Forum
Religion Forum
Psychology Forum
Science & Technology Forum
Politics & Current Events Forum
Health & Wellness Forum
Sexuality & Intimacy Forum
Product Reviews
Stories & Poetry Forum
Art Forum
Movie/TV Reviews
Jokes & Games
Photos, Videos & Music Forum

Scared of death

User Thread
 45yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that Restless Mind is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
Scared of death
I have been experiencing this intense fear of dying lately and it scares the fuck out of me. All I can do is pretend it wont happen.... and I know that is false.

46yrs • M
A CTL of 1 means that Ironwood is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
What about death upsets you personally? Do you feel it is the end of your existance? Or something like you fearing leaving people or projects behind and unfinished?

Personally, I've recently had a revelation on the topic that I wish I could help you feel and know, rather than having to take my word on it.

"The Greatest Enemy of Knowledge is Not Ignorance, It is the ILLUSION of Knowledge. Stephen Hawking"
 45yrs • M •
It upsets me in the manner of no longer living with my wife and just plain living. I think I am at the absolute happiest I have ever been in my personal life and I am so afraid of it ending.

Over the past few years I have come to really enjoy life for what it is.. realizing the mistakes I have made in my life and trying my danm'est not to repeat them.

46yrs • M
A CTL of 1 means that Ironwood is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
The healthy part is this being the type of fear that makes things worth holding onto. But like many things we try to hold onto we end up not only losing but doing so while missing out on other experiences of just as much joy and wonder.

But as long as we appreciate the beauty of it all while we can we will do alright. And I don't think you need to fear this transition as a loss ultimately, I have a feeling you will be pleasantly surprised by what you gain.

In many cultures meditative and enlightenment practices a goal is to achieve living death. Death while alive. The perspectives it brings.

My obe was just such an event. You literally feel like you're dying, and the moment you see without using your physical eyes and know you've left your body behind, things indeed change, to say the least.

They say youth is wasted on the young, so too is death wasted on the dead and life wasted on the living.

Though it is true that I fit in even less now in this materialistically driven madhouse of lies and deceit, but there is no denying how much more precious and beautiful life has become, including a blessed release from fear of death.

Change and loss are still here and felt to be sure, but their place is understood and appreciated much more.

Stagnation is abhored in this struggle for evolution of consciousness. And there are always more lessons to be learned.

And there is a fascinating universe to explore and discover, and we don't even need space ships to do it.

"The Greatest Enemy of Knowledge is Not Ignorance, It is the ILLUSION of Knowledge. Stephen Hawking"
 45yrs • M •
I have read you post 10 times over the last week and I either dont understand or I am missing something...

Wjats odd is that my fears are either very subtle and it barly botherts me..... then it is so intense I almost start crying from the intense feelings.

38yrs • M
A CTL of 1 means that EOTW is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
Death is inevitable.

And it's not that hard to do. You die every night when you go to sleep. So just think of it that way; death is just a long, long sleep that you will never awake from. Now, were you worried about death in your sleep?

There you go. Nothing to worry about.

"Nothing Happens On The Internet."
Scared of death
About Captain Cynic
Common FAQ's
Captain Cynic Guides
Contact Us
Terms of Use
Privacy Policy
General Forum Rules
Cynic Trust Levels
Administrative Contact Forum
Registration
Lost Password
General Discussion
Philosophy Forums
Psychology Forums
Health Forums
Quote Submissions
Promotions & Links
 Captain Cynic on Facebook
 Captain Cynic on Twitter
 Captain Cynic RSS Feed
 Daily Tasker
Copyright © 2011 Captain Cynic All Rights Reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy