Stories & Poetry Forum
Art Forum
Movie/TV Reviews
Jokes & Games
Photos, Videos & Music Forum

XX XY XYZ?

User Thread
 38yrs • F •
A CTL of 1 means that VirtualVampire is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
XX XY XYZ?
[I'm not Christian I'm just using this as an opening so enjoy

So God created man in his [own] image, in the image of God created he him; male and female created he them.

....... Later that day

and God created an intersexed human being and it was good?]

I just ran into some interesting articles today (and a strange adult website^_^) that made want to ask a burning question to those who believe in religions that abdicates marriage is solely between a human of XY and XX ie man and woman, or that people are only recognized as either man or woman..

Seeing as how people tell me God is infallible and thus created everything where do Inter-sexed people fit into the whole creation thing?
Is it possible god made a mistake?

What are your religions expectations of people who have both female and male sex organs and what happens if that person want to get married?

Yeah...I went there

"I do mind being human...for now."
 76yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that dbh is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
As a Christian believer let me try to address this.

I think it should be apparent, from the verse you have quoted about human beings being created in God's image "male and female" that the God of the Bible is both male and female within him/herself. In addition, when you bring in the doctrine of the Trinity, God the Father would seem to be male, Jesus, of course, was born male, but both the Hebrew and Greek words for Spirit are feminine.

I don't think the Bible is clear as to whether Adam was an intersexed human being who was eventually divided into male and female or whether men and women were created separately. But it is certainly a possibility.

The whole issue of how a good God could have created a world with all the confusion, disease, death, etc that we see now is not a question we will settle here. It has been debated forever and will continue. The standard answer usually entails the idea of free will being necessary and sinfulness entering the world and causing the world to be "fallen". It seems pretty obvious that the world is not perfect! So this is where I think the whole issue of intersexed people, gay people, etc. should stand from a Christian point of view. Of course, this is my opinion and it is considered heretical within the church I belong to - but too bad. I like to take as my own the verse in the Bible where St. Paul says, "By the way which they call heresy, so worship I the God of my Fathers."

It seems apparent that in a "perfect" world all human beings would have the "standard" sexual equipment and the "standard" sexual desires. But it is not a perfect world. We have to deal with reality as we find it, not as we wish it to be. For example, my very best friend was born without legs. This is not "normal". But the fact that he was born this way does not make him any less of a person, any less to be respected as all human beings are respected. In fact, if anything, his having had to deal with this situation all of his life has resulted in his being courageous and, in many ways, better than average. I believe it is the same thing with intersexed people or with gay people. Its something of a struggle, for sure, to be "different" but people who are "different" should be respected for that difference and are certainly loved by God who made them. Marriage, of course, is an issue here. While I disagree with their stance on this, I believe that churches have the right to take whatever position they wish, within the context of their institution. But marriage, in the United States is a civil affair and there should not be any restrictions in place. I am a notary and have performed several weddings. If I were asked to perform a Christian wedding for someone with both male and female sex organs I would do so in a hearbeat if the law allowed it. Now, just in case someone wants to ask me if it is OK for a person to marry their dog, for instance, get over it, please.

37yrs • M
A CTL of 1 means that mutnuaq is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
There are xy females where the y chromosome never activates and therefore continue on the path of being female.

"334jui8"
 38yrs • F •
dbh
quote:
I don't think the Bible is clear as to whether Adam was an intersexed human being who was eventually divided into male and female or whether men and women were created separately. But it is certainly a possibility.

You know I never thought about from that perspective, as kid I remembering hearing how stories how about how god made Eve from a rib of Adam, which could mean Adam may indeed have been intersexed.

In the Hebrew text Adam means "(red) earth."
'Adama' is earth, 'adom' is red and Adam literally means man, but I wonder if it was referring to man as a species and not gender.

mutnuaq
quote:
There are xy females where the y chromosome never activates and therefore continue on the path of being female.

can you post a link to this to an article on this subject

76yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that dbh is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
Sure, it is amazing how different the God of the Bible is and, sometimes, how different the Bible can be, when we actually read it instead of just buying the interpretations of God or the Bible which have been promulgated over the centuries. The God of the Bible is much different than the standard idea of "God" we have in Western culture. That god owes more to Greek philosophical concepts than to the Hebrew Bible. In some way it has to be said that God is intersexed him/herself. Otherwise, where did we get male and female in the image of God?

52yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that Adam Seth God is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
let us not ommit or exclude, marginalize and or supress anything in our dialectic

"...and in the image of god made He them both, male and female and called THEIR name adam"

emphasis added

okaaaaayy....

Adam later names her "Eve" and while God is assigning the Sin to Adam we end up in a world where Eve is blamed but technically according to the verbage she is not guilty...

I never under stood how the KEEPER of the Garden, the protector and all, could be given the laws of the land from the god, put to sleep, and there after......

a woman is created, YET NO WHERE IN THE TEXT
does Adam pass on the law to the woman from among him....

later in the garden

God pulls them both on the carpet, before the man, as it were

and by verbage GOD describes the error as

"BECAUSE OF WHAT YOU HAVE DONE ADAM"

and gives out the so.called original bias

which Man, in his infancy and blatancy

blames on woman for known history

Even when God asked him, "What is this thing you have done?"

Adam's response is

"IT WAS THE WOMAN THAT YOU GAVE ME"

which is to exactly
PASS THE BUCK AND BLAME THE RIGHTEOUS

Man in a nutshell.. lol

this lack of responsiblity among men of the Judeo Christian Faiths, guides the principles' application in our society

Poor guy...

In My World, of Faith, Woman is God...

X

the X, Chromosome

is 3 times as large as the y

in a combination towards procreation there are

3 times as many X chromosomes

it only takes ONE of them to be 75 percent larger than the y or male chromosome...

She is considered,( in my faith), the Second Self or the First Reflection of GOD...

That's why she mirrors the universe...

And all that comes by way of the womb does as well

75 percent water on Planet Earth
25 percent Earth on the Planet

75 Percent to 80 percent Water based life, as a human
25 Percent Solid, Stone or Bone

9 planets to completion in the womb
9 months to the birth of baby.... you know what i mean

9 Major Systems, physically, lungs digestive tracts, liver... etc
with one major sytem to rule them.. The Brain, which holds them in the circumference of its gravity or leaning or knowledge

like the planets held in orbit by the Sun the One ring that rules them all

biologically the woman provides 3 times as much
and the majority of the genetic material for human life and its potentials of "blah blah blah"

eye color to personality

She is the basis

Male directs, or writes upon the X chromosome, guiding it into eventual form

She is the Mother of Civilization, the first teacher of the children

of Jesus

Is his Mother....

My culture is Matriarchal

perhaps this should be your driving force

Encourage the Men of your cultural expression, to study learn and apply the knowledge of the human family from the perspective of the woman.

She is the second self of god, as I've been taught

To ignore her after misinterpretation, from Genesis

well, I like to set my children up for success... not failure

Knowledge gives birth, even after being outdated.... get after these guys in the right way and you'll be secured as my own daughter....

who's 6

and can tell the diff between a centered human male
and a status quo "man" from parts unknown,,,,

promise...

plus I wouldn't tell this to most guys, normally..... they don't unfuck themselves
as a rule

women love the TRUTH

She knows that the TRUTH is always in her favor.... maybe by instinct, nature.... who knows how.... it's been my experience...

for instance, we'll be able to tell how much influence and or experience a fella' has had with women of maturity by their responses...

fun to watch

good luck Princess.

"\\\"The Empty Vessel Makes The Most Noise\\\" - Shakespear"
 38yrs • F •
Adam Seth God what society are you from?
And how easy is it to get a visa?

XX XY XYZ?
About Captain Cynic
Common FAQ's
Captain Cynic Guides
Contact Us
Terms of Use
Privacy Policy
General Forum Rules
Cynic Trust Levels
Administrative Contact Forum
Registration
Lost Password
General Discussion
Philosophy Forums
Psychology Forums
Health Forums
Quote Submissions
Promotions & Links
 Captain Cynic on Facebook
 Captain Cynic on Twitter
 Captain Cynic RSS Feed
 Daily Tasker
Copyright © 2011 Captain Cynic All Rights Reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy