Structure without function is a corpse; Function without structure is a ghost. - Mr.Topham
Captain Cynic Guides
Administrative Contact
Talk Talk
Philosophy Forum
Religion Forum
Psychology Forum
Science & Technology Forum
Politics & Current Events Forum
Health & Wellness Forum
Sexuality & Intimacy Forum
Product Reviews
Stories & Poetry Forum
Art Forum
Movie/TV Reviews
Jokes & Games
Photos, Videos & Music Forum

Expressing And Experiencing Spirituality

User Thread
 35yrs • M
A CTL of 1 means that awakendwraith is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
Something I have been trying to do lately is create an environment, in my own mind and in my home, where can I really experience my own spirituality.

How do you experience spirituality in your life?

"Why cry for those that often cry? Instead, help them smile, and smile for those that smile."
 28yrs • M •
Nujabes is new to Captain Cynic and has less than 15 posts. New members have certain restrictions and must fill in CAPTCHAs to use various parts of the site.
It depends.

What exactly do you mean by spirituality?

35yrs • M
Thats a good question, and one I don't have a clear answer for, which is probably why I'm having trouble with this. If you think I'm talking about a dogma based faith, I'm not. I guess the best way I could describe it is the way it feels when a painting on my wall comes alive and I feel it run through me as a living thing. Or when the morning air changes an average boring day into a soulful adventure.

Either way, what I'm really wanting to talk about is how other people experience so I can gain perspective, so your definition world actually be preferable.

"Why cry for those that often cry? Instead, help them smile, and smile for those that smile."
 46yrs • M
A CTL of 1 means that Ironwood is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
Look into the law of attraction and power of intention.

You have powers beyond your wildest dreams.

There is a spirit world that you can interact with and do already every time you dream or see images in your head.

You can learn to see without eyes, leave your body at will, heal yourself and many other things.

But the key is to take responsibility for your thoughts and feelings. In the spirit world it is very easy to see why, your thoughts and feelings manifest before your eyes, not only your desires, but your fears as well.

This is why it is so important to focus and actively change negative thought patterns into positive ones.

When you find negative thoughts, stop, find the positive in them, or just think about something that is.

You must learn to practice feeling love and forgiveness.

You must learn to overcome fears by standing up to them, forgiving them, and offerring them love.

I just lost a huge post and so this is what you are getting instead lol.

But just know that science and religion are merging, spirituality and the spirit world are becoming verified facts that no limiting dogma can touch.

You have been suppressed and had the reality of your infinite power denied and taken from you.

I suggest you find some books, videos, and or teachers. Go to your local library or book store and look into metaphysics.

One thing that spirituality helps with is addressing one of man's greatest fears. The fear of death.

When you discover that you actually do have a conscious energy spirit that is capable of leaving the body and existing without the body, suddenly life becomes much less scary and allows for much more hope and freedom to just enjoy it.

"The Greatest Enemy of Knowledge is Not Ignorance, It is the ILLUSION of Knowledge. Stephen Hawking"
 28yrs • M •
Nujabes is new to Captain Cynic and has less than 15 posts. New members have certain restrictions and must fill in CAPTCHAs to use various parts of the site.
Do you mean something kind of like daydreaming? Like staring at a painting and then making up a story about the painting that you have in your room?

If that's it, then I'll post later.

35yrs • M
Yeah Nujabes, I think the freedom and sense of self required to day dream is important to experiencing true spirituality. But don't be so worried to throw your own idea out there, just be prepared for scrutiny, its healthy : )

75yrs • F •
A CTL of 1 means that cswriter is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
I think our age has a lot to do with our experience of spirituality. When I was young, it seems like I felt the most spiritual during my monthly cycle. It was as if every nerve of my body extended far beyond myself, and I was very concerned about the well being of everyone. You know one with Mother Earth type thing. I read a lot of books about spiritual matters, as it appears Ironwood has done, and I share many agreements with him.

However, now I am old. Many of us, as we get older, realize our egos are liars, and they become less important to us. The next step for me is being okay with being one with the Tao.

"Only when democracy is defended in the classroom is it defended."
About Captain Cynic
Common FAQ's
Captain Cynic Guides
Contact Us
Terms of Use
Privacy Policy
General Forum Rules
Cynic Trust Levels
Administrative Contact Forum
Registration
Lost Password
General Discussion
Philosophy Forums
Psychology Forums
Health Forums
Quote Submissions
Promotions & Links
 Captain Cynic on Facebook
 Captain Cynic on Twitter
 Captain Cynic RSS Feed
 Daily Tasker
Copyright © 2011 Captain Cynic All Rights Reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy