We are a tiny race, involved in a vast pursuit, amidst the cold stars, and all bound together by reason and amity. - Dr. Trefusius
Captain Cynic Guides
Administrative Contact
Talk Talk
Philosophy Forum
Religion Forum
Psychology Forum
Science & Technology Forum
Politics & Current Events Forum
Health & Wellness Forum
Sexuality & Intimacy Forum
Product Reviews
Stories & Poetry Forum
Art Forum
Movie/TV Reviews
Jokes & Games
Photos, Videos & Music Forum

The 9/11 Mosque

User Thread
 32yrs • F •
Kdreeze is new to Captain Cynic and has less than 15 posts. New members have certain restrictions and must fill in CAPTCHAs to use various parts of the site.
The 9/11 Mosque
What is your honest opinion on the issue of building an Islamic Community Center close to Ground Zero?

The issue is heated on both sides with people supporting the Mosque saying it is the right of the Imam to build a mosque on property that he legally owns. Others support the Mosque building to support religious tolerance and the unification of the United States.

On the opposition of the building of the Mosque opponents believe that the building of the Mosque so close to ground zero is a disgrace to the memory of all those who died on 9/11 and a painful reminder to those who lost loved ones. These opponents also believe that the building of the mosque would be a symbol of Muslims claiming that area as their own.

"I reject your reality, and substitute my own"
 30yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that 7amood11 is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.

I think it's really sad that people will so blatantly associate 9/11 with islam in general.

It's sad that key people aren't outraged that anyone even consider this to be an issue.

Al Qaeda is not moving in, it's just a masjid. Humans can be really stupid.

I wonder if the same people who are condemning this would condemn if the radical christian group that Tim McVeigh belonged had tried to build a church on the site of the OKC bombing....they'd support it whole-heartedly, one would think..

32yrs • F •
Kdreeze is new to Captain Cynic and has less than 15 posts. New members have certain restrictions and must fill in CAPTCHAs to use various parts of the site.
Yeah I agree that the terrorist attacks should not be associated with the religion of Islam. When I visited a mosque for a class the first thing they explained to us when we arrived was that when those terrorists had the intentions to kill thousands of people, they were no longer practicing the Islamic faith.

I agree with your comparison on the Oklahoma City bombing. I actually read in a study by an Islamic professor in Los Angelos, who published this study before 9/11, that before the investigation into Ton McVeigh began, Muslims were initially blamed. It was only until later that the person behind the bombing became a "domestic" issue.

"I reject your reality, and substitute my own"
 31yrs • M •
V.K. is new to Captain Cynic and has less than 15 posts. New members have certain restrictions and must fill in CAPTCHAs to use various parts of the site.
Why add insult to injury?

Building a mosque on ground zero is disrespectful to those who have died.

Muslims are not to blame for the actions of terrorists but these terrorists acted on behalf of Islam.

30yrs • M •
They might've been pretending to be acting for Islam, but like Kdreeze posted above, they stopped practicing Islam as soon as they got the intention to kill.

I've got a question for you...Why were the reactions toward building a church in the OKC bomb site nothing like the reactions to build a masjid near the 9/11 bomb site?

33yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that Kratos is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
Well theres a few differences in each situation like after 9/11 a war actually broke out,

"In the chills of brutal cold winter, I realised that within me lay an invincible summer"
 30yrs • M •
Well then, why didn't a war break out after the OKC bombing...Barely anything of not occured, just the usual crying and moaning with no result.

The 9/11 Mosque
About Captain Cynic
Common FAQ's
Captain Cynic Guides
Contact Us
Terms of Use
Privacy Policy
General Forum Rules
Cynic Trust Levels
Administrative Contact Forum
Registration
Lost Password
General Discussion
Philosophy Forums
Psychology Forums
Health Forums
Quote Submissions
Promotions & Links
 Captain Cynic on Facebook
 Captain Cynic on Twitter
 Captain Cynic RSS Feed
 Daily Tasker
Copyright © 2011 Captain Cynic All Rights Reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy