Stories & Poetry Forum
Art Forum
Movie/TV Reviews
Jokes & Games
Photos, Videos & Music Forum

Statutory Rape

User Thread
 35yrs • M
A CTL of 1 means that awakendwraith is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
Statutory Rape
At what point does statutory rape cease to be rape, and instead be love?

At what point do we allow the law to define the boundires of love?

Honestly, I think that it could range from anywhere between 16 and 21, depending on the case, year olds she be accepted as non-statutory rape cases.

"Why cry for those that often cry? Instead, help them smile, and smile for those that smile."
 46yrs • M
A CTL of 1 means that Ironwood is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
Age is meaningless, if a person is exploring sex and they choose to do someone older there is no crime.

The point is they are choosing to have sex, how old the person to do it with is irrelevant.

We have been taught all manner of nonsense to have irrational emotional responses.

"The Greatest Enemy of Knowledge is Not Ignorance, It is the ILLUSION of Knowledge. Stephen Hawking"
 35yrs • M
I think I understand.

I supposes it is a perfectly natural occurence for a 21 year old to find a 15 year old attractive, and that that sexual desire should not be hidden from. In other words, if something turns you on, you shouldnt fear it.

(btw hows that for a good relationship, jack ass)

But when does the consent of a child turn into the consent of an adult. And when does an adult become responsible for understanding that?

"Why cry for those that often cry? Instead, help them smile, and smile for those that smile."
 46yrs • M
The consent of a child is the choice to have sex period, if they are acting out, exploring, whatever.

Its not a notion I find overly tasteful, but I too have been conditioned to respond.

If a horny ass 13 year old girl who has blossomed into her curves decided to basically rape a geriatric old man who literally couldn't over power her, and couldn't avoid an erection, is he a criminal?

No, obviously she is, if he presses charges, which wouldn't surprise me if he did because of social pressure to "preserve his dignity".

Young girls are infamous for having the posistion to be able to seduce teachers and claim rape for whatever reason they want.

This is a cruelty placed upon men by society. One that actually damages girls too who actually do get raped by teachers.

This all because of rediculous notions of repressing sex in society.

"The Greatest Enemy of Knowledge is Not Ignorance, It is the ILLUSION of Knowledge. Stephen Hawking"
 35yrs • M
In a book of Ann Rice's, called the witching hour, a man goes to a hotel room, i think it takes place in new Orleans in the 17th century, the man goes to a brothel to have sex with a women and he is watches her two daughters having sex with each other in the same room. I believe they were around 10 or so. If someone were to find this erotic and get turned on by it, I would not condemn, if tehy act on it, have tehy crossed a line? Or is sex so natural and are the sexual acts of roman soldiers having sex with boys not as disgusting as I may have been programmed to say?

46yrs • M
Who initiates and force are key factors.

I would argue that initiation is fairly irrelevant though, but in terms of those who don't know what sex even is.

If roman soldiers force, bad!

If boys seduce roman soldiers?

If roman soldiers seduce boys?

Consent should in theory equal ok.

A problem is that people become sexually attractive at young ages.

But the young don't necessarily stop being attractive when one grows older, they can, but that obviously is a sliding ruler based on individual cases, and a measurement completely skewed by all manner of social influence and conditioning.

46yrs • M
Interestingly, it may even by social conditioning that warps people into finding pre pubecent children attractive, skewing notions of innocence through judgement.

35yrs • M
I suppose what you are trying to say,

is if any person of any age is mature enough and phsycially capable give consent in the act happening, it is a natural sexual urge, and the only reason why we say its disgusting is because society tells us to.

Is that about right?

35yrs • M
Which is the hunch that led me to ask this question.

I really would like to discuss the uncomfortable truth that this may be.

I would like to say, for the dumb asses out there, this is no way means I condone sexual molestation of kids, I'm talking about societal programming.

46yrs • M
Pretty much.

What does a child have to fear about masturbating? Nothing but social stigma and maybe more urges to have an orgasm leading to sex.

What is sex but mutual masturbation.

You tell em wraith, a discussion that must be feared, sad, so is the way of social conditioning.

I'm only "allowed" to bring up such thoughts because I was sexually abused as a child.

35yrs • M
In the same sense, is homosexuality or bi-sexuality any different?

Really though, I would love someone elses opinion on this... My idea wasn't even really challenged.

46yrs • M
Not even slightly different.

Give it time, its buttfuck in the morning.

35yrs • M
lol

My stance has been this way for awhile... the conversation just kinda rolled into this.

I don't see how so many people allow society to control them though...

Any body out there that disagrees?

Just to be clear, I am still on the fence of what is social training and what isn't. The devil will come looking like jesus. Thats exactly what the bible thing is referencing. That kind of thinking.

36yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that Jacker_Jones is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
In Canada sexual consent use to be able to be given at 14 unless the person older was in a position of power which meant it was 18. Anal sex was also differentiated at 18 for some reason too. Which is kind of werid???

The states is fucking crazy about this law. True story, a girl and another guy were in the back of class. The girl was 15 and the guy was 14. The guy suggests she perform oral sex on him while a movie was on. She did it and got caught. She was charged with sodomy and now is on the sex offenders list. She can't get off it either and she can't go to her kids schools or a church or live near a daycare or anything. In some states there are people on the sex offenders list for urinating in public.

Anyway the point is that people obey the law and allow themselves to be controled because they live in fear. They fear what the institutuon will do.

"I love to see people struggling for their purpose in life..."
Statutory Rape
About Captain Cynic
Common FAQ's
Captain Cynic Guides
Contact Us
Terms of Use
Privacy Policy
General Forum Rules
Cynic Trust Levels
Administrative Contact Forum
Registration
Lost Password
General Discussion
Philosophy Forums
Psychology Forums
Health Forums
Quote Submissions
Promotions & Links
 Captain Cynic on Facebook
 Captain Cynic on Twitter
 Captain Cynic RSS Feed
 Daily Tasker
Copyright © 2011 Captain Cynic All Rights Reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy