Stories & Poetry Forum
Art Forum
Movie/TV Reviews
Jokes & Games
Photos, Videos & Music Forum

Canada to win olympic Gold?

User Thread
 36yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that Jacker_Jones is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
As a citizen of greater Vancouver I am getting excited about the 2010 Olympics. Of course the biggest discussion is hockey and whether the Canadian Team is going to win gold. I think it could be easily argued that the Canadians are the favorites. However, the way the tournament is played anyone can win, just like Belarus against Sweden is 2002.

Here is my argument as to why Canada is favorite to win gold. Canada has the best goalies. Our back up is better than anyones starter and are starter is a hall of famer. We by far have the best defense. Our forwards have the greatest depth. We have solid players down to the fourth line.

I think though the biggest advantage is that we are going to play on an NHL size arena. Normally international arenas are much bigger. Playing on the small ice is going to give way to checking. Talent is going no where if they are getting hit every time they have the puck.

Russia may have the best scoring lines. But their defense suck and their goaltender is not an allstar. He plays on one of the best teams in the NHL, Nabokov is overrated.

Sweden is the next best all around team. Who knows what will happen in one game if Canada plays them, but statistically in a thousand games Canada would have the upper hand.

Can't rule out Finland. They got an all star goalie and some scoring. In a one game match up anyone can win.

USA sucks they might get bronze or silver but definitely not gold. No depth, all they have is miller who is definitely top 5 goalie in the world and one scoring line. but then again that is all it took for czech Republic to win Nagano.

My prediction Canada gold, Sweden silver, Russia bronze

I think perhaps the big hype about Russia and Sweden are just decoys to prevent riots if Canada loses on home ice.

"I love to see people struggling for their purpose in life..."
About Captain Cynic
Common FAQ's
Captain Cynic Guides
Contact Us
Terms of Use
Privacy Policy
General Forum Rules
Cynic Trust Levels
Administrative Contact Forum
Registration
Lost Password
General Discussion
Philosophy Forums
Psychology Forums
Health Forums
Quote Submissions
Promotions & Links
 Captain Cynic on Facebook
 Captain Cynic on Twitter
 Captain Cynic RSS Feed
 Daily Tasker
Copyright © 2011 Captain Cynic All Rights Reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy