If a person spent five minutes before they committed a crime, prisons would have no inmates. - Attolia
Captain Cynic Guides
Administrative Contact
Talk Talk
Philosophy Forum
Religion Forum
Psychology Forum
Science & Technology Forum
Politics & Current Events Forum
Health & Wellness Forum
Sexuality & Intimacy Forum
Product Reviews
Stories & Poetry Forum
Art Forum
Movie/TV Reviews
Jokes & Games
Photos, Videos & Music Forum

Body scanners

User Thread
 37yrs • M
A CTL of 1 means that mutnuaq is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
Body scanners
http://www.liveleak.com/view?i=972_1262283908

I think most people wont fight this and will just allow it to happen. I can't wait to see what the next decade brings. Thanks fat apathetic public. Thanks.

BREAD AND CIRCUS

"334jui8"
 37yrs • M
http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=1063472&page=3

http://communities.canada.com/shareit/blogs/offthemap/archive/2009/03/16
/testing-of-full-body-scanners-continues.aspx

want people look at your wife or daughter in this way? Keep the apathy up. A metal detector detects those guns shown in the pics. You don't need to look at some womans or girls tits and pussy to detect a METAL gun.

Wake up.

"334jui8"
 31yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that Oblivion is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
They are not looking for METAL with these scanners. They are looking for shit like CHEMICALS hidden in...oh i dont know... someones crotch, lets say.

And they are not looking at their tits and pussy for christ's sake. Those things are not fucking x-ray glasses.

And even if they were, and this is my own opinion, i think it would be worth if for the safety.

"If You Aint Ammo, You Aint Shit."
 37yrs • M
No it isn't cause there isn't a risk if you have a air marshal on every flight which is way cheaper than 200k body scanners that can see the tits and pussy of every woman and child that goes through it.

Lemme guess we need it cause of that guy that put shit in his pants even though he was on a watch list and his own father went to the cia and said my sons a threat do something and they still let him on?

"334jui8"
 31yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that Oblivion is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
So what is the difference between these scanners and a police officer doing a strip search, or a mortician searching for a cause of death?

What the hell is the air marshal gonna do? Make it so the towelhead simply doesnt announce that he is about to blow the plane to hell?

"If You Aint Ammo, You Aint Shit."
 37yrs • M
Hmmm let's see first off he was on a watch list, his own father contacted the CIA and said watch out for him I think he is planning something really stupid and he still boarded the plane.

He shouldn't have gotten on in the first place. If people in charge did their jobs there wouldn't be a need for these scanners which might I add were purchased over a year ago and AS SOON as this happens now they wanna roll em out full force.

Blow the plane to HELL. At the most his stupid bomb would have blown a hole in the plane not the same image as the planes hitting the trade centers as you try and paint.

As for the Air Marshals Number one they are a HUGE deterrent because the idiots trying these things will know that they will be shot in the face. Those dumb enough to STILL try something a smart well trained agent will notice the terrorist and stop him. Oh and your dumb ignorant pubescent ass doesn't think an Air marshal would have stopped 911? WELL WOULD IT HAVE. Stop being a fool.

If you think for a second that the body scanners will be ONLY in airports in the future then your stupid. They said the same thing about metal detectors only now they are in our schools and all over the place.

If I were in an Airport and they said hey you come here I want to do a full body strip search cause we think you are a terrorist I'd simply say Okay go ahead because it's my duty as a citizen to ensure that any threat is fully investigated and fixed before it's a real problem. But if they said hey you put your 6 year old daughter through this so I can see her naked body I'd say you'll have to kill me first. There is a HUGE difference if you don't see that then you're obviously mentally handicapped or just trying to fit in and impress your peers with your compliance to the system.

"334jui8"
[  Edited by mutnuaq at   ]
 36yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that Jacker_Jones is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
How are you ok with being stip searched and not body scanners???? You reason that you give is that they will x ray your daughter but that would obviously be better than stip searching her...

This is also a different approach to the terrorist dilemma. It is the case of a preventative measure. They prevent dangerous products from being able to get onto the plane. By attacking terrorism at the source and by preventing it from even entering the airport would be more effective than simply creating a dilemma of a security guard on an airplane. They prevent the situation from even possibly occurring or at least significantly reduce the odds.

The air marshals would be to stop terrorists once their on the plane and in the act of committing a terrorist act. It creates problems for the situation of terrorism.

"I love to see people struggling for their purpose in life..."
 35yrs • M
A CTL of 1 means that awakendwraith is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
They would not strip search his daughter, moron.

"Why cry for those that often cry? Instead, help them smile, and smile for those that smile."
 37yrs • M
They knew from his father that he was a threat he was on a list. I said I would be strip searched. Cause I dont care who sees me. In fact it'd just give me a chance to show off to be honest. And aren't you scared of the "imperialist" americans jacker? I can now see you just like arguing. Your ignorance is showing. The intelligence was there he should have been detained and stip searched when he came there. He had NO luggage A ONE WAY TICKET from a foreign country and was on his way to detroit. You are telling me acting on intelligence isn't a better thing to do rather than scan children and womens naked bodies? Also oblivion if you had a daughter or sister that was young would u want some asshole security gaurd looking at her pussy and tits ? Well would you.

"334jui8"
 37yrs • M
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IwNcFKUy-0o

there look at the detail. Do you want that guy looking at your mother daughters wifes or sisters genitals?? You think he and the other men working there wouldn't even occasionally enjoy looking at it? When you watch it Imagine him looking at your relatives naked body. You think it's okay? If so come forward and say I have a "daughter/sister/wife/mother" that id let this guy look at. Say it and mean it if you do. Have the courage to write the words I'd let them look at my "blanks" genitals. Fill in the blank and say it if you mean it. Make it personal if you truely feel this way. If you can't then you know what your true feelings on the topic are.l I don't think you want that. NO ONE CAN.

Whats the first thing they do in jail? Strip you naked and rob you of your dignity to establish control and let you know whos in charge.

That's EXACTLY what this is. It's not about saving you. If it was they would have just listened to the guys own father and detained him there and never let him board.

"334jui8"
 35yrs • M
These body scanners things are a crazy over-reaction.

This is what happend.

Some obvious jack-ass was trying an ovbious plan, and the government was given warning that he was going to be trying this plan, and they didnt do anything. Had anybody done even the slightest amount of work this guy would have been another joke of a loser that tryied something retarded and got owned. Instead of holding hte people accountable who didnt do their job, who didnt use the power that we gave them properly, you want to give them MORE power and let them invade 100 percent of your privacy and take a small portion of your freedom away.

hmmmm do you know what 2 plus 2 is Oblivion?

Its not that hard man. If i had a gun, I would have the power of a gun. If i had an army I would have the power of an army. So i think it is a reasonable eqaution, that if i say, government = pwoer. For the sake of this argument. government = power.

So gov=power

The government (the power) gets their power from American citizens. The government wants more power. How does the government get more power? From the citizens. The citizens dont want to give them power, so they take it. How do you take someones power? one way is to scare them into giving it to you. So you let some jackass with chemicals onto an airplane and you tell the people, we just cant stop it, we need more power in order to keep you safe. (scare tactic) And instead of saying, well, hold on government, ive got questions, (which is what this site is supposed to be about) I thought you had all the power you wanted? I thought that you said that the patriot act, something that stole a small amount of freedom from every single american, was enough to keep us safe, now you want more power? But no, you dont ask questions.

I'll ask those question now on paper so that you can see how they are so reasonable.

Yaknow what, just watch this.......

http://www.hulu.com/watch/118572/the-daily-show-with-jon-stewart-mon-jan
-4-2010

Freedom is precious, why are you so willing to give it away?

The government didnt do anything to stop this. Why? Because they wanted it to happen. Why? So you would let them take your freedom. It worked with the patriot act and its working again, and you are refusing to learn.

"Why cry for those that often cry? Instead, help them smile, and smile for those that smile."
 37yrs • M
Obama even admitted and took responsibility for the event <finally someone does that> saying it was an intelligence problem. If they had done things right they would have stopped him.

Guess we don't need scanners now do we. Even the president said there wouldn't have been a problem if they had payed better attention and did what they should have in response to the intel.I believe we need better intelligence and increased surveillance and that all the intel gathered for terrorists reasons should only apply to terrorism prevention. Not any OTHER laws because that's what poilice are for and they don't need or deserve that sort of authority where as the military and government organizations like the C.I.A, do. Body scanners are completely unnecessary given the amount of intel our country has on almost every important subject there is. Don't mix oppression with protection. Listen to what Robert Gibbs said on behalf of the administration. It was a intel problem. That was the heart of the matter. The intelligence community dropped the ball because Im assuming their focus was in the wrong direction.

Side note. Other would be morons beware. Other terrorists beware. We wont stand for attacks on our planes. Passengers detained the underwear dumbass. Normal U.S. citizens are watching and waiting every time they are on planes now. They won't stand still like cowards cause you have a box cutter. 5 towel heads with boxcutters now would be attacked by the entire plane full of passengers if they attempt something like 911 again. We are a strong and powerful people, even if we forget it sometimes when push comes to shove. It's bread in us. We freed ourselves from the british...mostly farmers and tradesmen against at the time the greatest military. There is a reason.

The body scanner is only the flip side of the equation while the heroism of those badass's american or where ever else they were from that WE WILL NOT TAKE IT ANYMORE. I think a huge congratulations and thank you is in order to those first responding citizens that we are peaceful and wont accept terrany. While we are peacful if you are a threat you will be disarmed and completely takin down. That's why the world used to love us. We put values WAY ahead of personal gain. While at the same time worked our asses of to get that personal gain as a far side note.

"334jui8"
 36yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that Jacker_Jones is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
The way something like this would be brought into action is that a policy analysis for the government would suggest that body scanners would reduce terrorist activity on airplanes by preventing the means of terrorism.

You have to look at what liberty they are taking away. The reality is that they are putting up these scanners to prevent political violence. It's not like they get anything out of this information. They take the liberty away but they also protect the freedom of the majority by protecting people from political violence. I would rather have 3d pictures taken of me or of my daughter, for safe travel or the other alternative presented of having the CIA have more grounds for taping phone lines or increasing the "terrorist watch list" which is much more infringement on freedom by literally following people who simply are from Afghanistan or other parts of the middle east. More resources are put into gathering intelligence than simply body scanners. Body scanners are fixed cost with depreciation where as intelligence is ongoing. They have to pay the cost every year.

How could you support intel like the terrorist watch list who literally follow people 24 hours a day versus 3d pictures? It is a much greater infringement to put that on someone than to take pictures of people who are boarding an airplane. To be worried with this is mere paranoia. To be worried about the terrorist watch list? Reasonable. That is a means of control and bad policy analysis.

"I love to see people struggling for their purpose in life..."
 46yrs • M
A CTL of 1 means that Ironwood is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
Jacker, your assumption that "they" aren't getting anything out of the information or the further stripping, a poingiant term here, of our liberties is entirely dependent upon who "they" is and what their intentions are.

If you mean purist and followers working for an attempted security, you are correct. If you are referencing a goverment that feeds on the power of the people you are quite mistaken.

Mut said it, as you did about the watch list, it is a form of control, of breaking wills and redistributing the power of the people to the power of the government over the people.

There is benefit for those with lust of power.

Look, there is no stopping someones ability to take down a plane, ever. They dont even have to be on the plane to do it. A black market surface to air missle, a habib the mechanic's unauthorized upgrade, the infinite variations of explosives can be stowed in cargo luggage.

The stupid thing could simply fall out of the sky by accident or god himself could smite it, are you gonna strip people of their freedoms untill god or nature is neutralised?

So when you get off the plane and your terminal explodes you'll feel better right?

But I digress. The reason why this is still an issue at all is because government is involved in the private sector of airport security, as you mentioned for the political aspects, didn't do shit for the oklahoma city bombing, or every other political bombing or assassination out there.

But I'm sure they are working on stripping liberties further for that as well.

Your more likely to win the lottery or be hit by lightning than be involved in a terrorist attack. You are by far more likely to die from some unnatural illness from our food processing, synthesized substance, or other man made dissaster sold as a convenience without proper knowledge of affects.

This ironically includes body scanners, there are already reports surfacing about its potential or confirmed damage to dna along with god knows what else.

And as long as key people and institutions are consolodating wealth and power off of these things, dont expect proper vetting of health hazards, nor proper weighing of freedom vs security debates.

There is no quick fix and the best answer is always empowering and informing the people, when the opposite is the chosen course, be wary.

"The Greatest Enemy of Knowledge is Not Ignorance, It is the ILLUSION of Knowledge. Stephen Hawking"
 35yrs • M
Jacker - For someone who really dislikes America, you seem to have a lot of trust in them and their "good intentions." In one thread you place absolutely no trust in America, and a thread currently going on at the same time you seem to place all trust in them. Why is that?

(I'm not being sarcastic, that was an honest observation of mine, please do not get offended)

By the way, extreme legislation was passed because of man made Global Warming, a proven hoax. Why do you give the American government enough credit to strip freedom of its own people but not enough credit to attempt to liberate and give freedom to others? You sound like a hypocrite.

Body scanners
  1    2    3    4  
About Captain Cynic
Common FAQ's
Captain Cynic Guides
Contact Us
Terms of Use
Privacy Policy
General Forum Rules
Cynic Trust Levels
Administrative Contact Forum
Registration
Lost Password
General Discussion
Philosophy Forums
Psychology Forums
Health Forums
Quote Submissions
Promotions & Links
 Captain Cynic on Facebook
 Captain Cynic on Twitter
 Captain Cynic RSS Feed
 Daily Tasker
Copyright © 2011 Captain Cynic All Rights Reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy