He who works with his hands is a labourer. He who works with his hands and his head is a craftsman. He who works with his hands and his head and his heart is an artist - Saint Francis of Assisi
Captain Cynic Guides
Administrative Contact
Talk Talk
Philosophy Forum
Religion Forum
Psychology Forum
Science & Technology Forum
Politics & Current Events Forum
Health & Wellness Forum
Sexuality & Intimacy Forum
Product Reviews
Stories & Poetry Forum
Art Forum
Movie/TV Reviews
Jokes & Games
Photos, Videos & Music Forum

Smash Brothers: Brawl

User Thread
 40yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that allimar is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
When this game out, Wii sales went up by the thousands.
In other words, to many people this game is worth 400 dollars (Game, Wii, three more controllers)

I think that speaks for its self.

"The more you learn, the less you know."
 35yrs • M
A CTL of 1 means that awakendwraith is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
I am very good at that game, and am about to play it.

My chars are, in order of proficiency.

Falco
Marth
Fox
Captain Falcon
Zelda
Diddy
Bowser
Lucas
Ganondorf

I can use just about everyone else pretty decently, but those are my main chars.

I just recently started using Bowser, I thought he sucked balls, you just have to adjust for the weird hit boxes.

"Why cry for those that often cry? Instead, help them smile, and smile for those that smile."
 40yrs • M •
WHAT?
Dear god man, no tactics? First of all street fighter only had 1v1 combat, this has 1v1 to FFA 4 players (moded up to 8)
Each character has pros and cons, however some are overall more capable at battling others.
Some characters have AoE attacks others are precise. oh and you cant button mash in the game, literally. you have to time your attacks or your character suffers from a .3 reaction delay. A friend of mine would roll me until we figured this out.
Some characters attack and move, others stand their ground... actually I cant explain it here. Waaaay too much to try and explain.
Even though he told me I improved, he still rolls me. He just recently shielded my grab. I didn't think it was possible but his bubble actually pushed me back and he released in time to literally avoid my grab.

33yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that zachf is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
I like brawl, although I have only played it for maybe 20-30 hours. However, super smash bro's melee, I have put 1000+ hours into. I have beat it 5-6 times because my memory has been wiped and it was a summer favorite for about 4 years.

To me it's like chess, it's all about reading you opponents next move, blocking, dodging, and countering then randomly having items change the predicted out come of that encounter. When you get to a certain level it's absolutely fascinating but up until that point, when just trying to get the game, it is button mashing mixed with strategies that are more attempts at winning then they are actually playing the game.

"Whether we wake or we sleep, Whether we carol or weep, The Sun with his Planets in chime, Marketh the going of Time. -Edward Fitzgerald"
 40yrs • M •
you cant button mash in this game against a skilled player. there is a .3 character delay if you cut your move cool down.

35yrs • F •
A CTL of 1 means that Hedgehog is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
I've just recently begun to get serious with this game and it is a lot of fun. I can play for hours and hours at a time. I like using Diddy Kong and Lucario. What if we all traded friend codes so that we can play each other online? I know it's laggy but would still be fun.

40yrs • M •
My friend is deployed at the moment... I can see how this game can suck when you have no one to kick your ass in it.

Shots and girls though. Though space out the shots...

About Captain Cynic
Common FAQ's
Captain Cynic Guides
Contact Us
Terms of Use
Privacy Policy
General Forum Rules
Cynic Trust Levels
Administrative Contact Forum
Registration
Lost Password
General Discussion
Philosophy Forums
Psychology Forums
Health Forums
Quote Submissions
Promotions & Links
 Captain Cynic on Facebook
 Captain Cynic on Twitter
 Captain Cynic RSS Feed
 Daily Tasker
Copyright © 2011 Captain Cynic All Rights Reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy