It is not the actual death that people fear but the time leading up to and time right before death that people fear for when you are dead you will not be able to or have the cabability to care that you are dead. - Chilltime55
Captain Cynic Guides
Administrative Contact
Talk Talk
Philosophy Forum
Religion Forum
Psychology Forum
Science & Technology Forum
Politics & Current Events Forum
Health & Wellness Forum
Sexuality & Intimacy Forum
Product Reviews
Stories & Poetry Forum
Art Forum
Movie/TV Reviews
Jokes & Games
Photos, Videos & Music Forum

Battlefield Earth

User Thread
 40yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that allimar is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
Battlefield Earth
Great book! Burn the movie.
This is one of the few books I actually feel full after reading. I believe the ending was cut short, I wish it went on another thousand pages.

"The more you learn, the less you know."
 42yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that Chained Wings is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
Sorry dear Alimar. But the reason it didn't go on for another 1000 pages, is because Commodore Hubbard, after steering his Armada just off the coast of Greece had just washed down 10 quaaludes with a Thetan Love Potion. And all poor Ronny could do was satiate his immense lust with his harem of misguided young virgins, who were promised a fast ticket to becoming fully "audited" Mistresses of the Chosen One if they could play walk the "plank" till our beloved author/ conman/ religious leader/ charlatan passed out from too much earthy delights.

Alas.

"When I was a child I flew! Then as an adult- I watched others soar."
 40yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that allimar is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
I dont care, I want a great book damn it.

"The more you learn, the less you know."
 42yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that Chained Wings is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
Haha, well you'll never be satisfied if you choose L Ron for your books. Even if he was a good writer, Id never read his stuff purely on principle.

If you like sci fi, try Phillip K. Dick who has had many of his ideas stolen by Hollywood to make many of the big hit sci fi movies we all take for granted. Or Frank Herbet's Dune series.

If you like really long fantasy sagas like Lord of the Rings, then Id suggest Steven Erickson's Malazan series. Or George RR Martin, whose Game of Thrones is the best series I have ever read.

P.s.

I was at the book store the other day and they now have an ENTIRE section called "Paranormal Romance" for all the Twilight and Twilight inspired book series on vampire teen love.

Dude, what the fuck happened to vampires in the last few years. They have gone from sleek killing machines of the night... to these namby pamby emo teenagers, who think dressing in all back and having weird looking eyes makes you a totally kick ass vampire.

Dracula is rolling in his coffin I tell you!

"When I was a child I flew! Then as an adult- I watched others soar."
 30yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that petre666 is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
battlefield earth that name rings a bell i saw the movie before my age was in the double digits then read the book freshman year the two seemed completely differrent to me i chalked it up to the differrence in years of me seeing the movie and reading the book so i watched it again and i was sadly disappointed when i realized the movie did suck. my favorite issue the main character solved was one i puzzled over for many years was "how would one go about establishing earth in a universe of other sentient beings" its not the exact question but its the best way i could phrase it. i really liked how he was able to set up alliances with all the dominant powers in the rest of the galaxy and now i just lost my train of thought sorry for wasting your time

"the only pain in pleasure is the pleasure of the pain"
Battlefield Earth
About Captain Cynic
Common FAQ's
Captain Cynic Guides
Contact Us
Terms of Use
Privacy Policy
General Forum Rules
Cynic Trust Levels
Administrative Contact Forum
Registration
Lost Password
General Discussion
Philosophy Forums
Psychology Forums
Health Forums
Quote Submissions
Promotions & Links
 Captain Cynic on Facebook
 Captain Cynic on Twitter
 Captain Cynic RSS Feed
 Daily Tasker
Copyright © 2011 Captain Cynic All Rights Reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy