Jargon allows us to camouflage intellectual poverty with verbal extravagance. - David Pratt
Captain Cynic Guides
Administrative Contact
Talk Talk
Philosophy Forum
Religion Forum
Psychology Forum
Science & Technology Forum
Politics & Current Events Forum
Health & Wellness Forum
Sexuality & Intimacy Forum
Product Reviews
Stories & Poetry Forum
Art Forum
Movie/TV Reviews
Jokes & Games
Photos, Videos & Music Forum

Where's My Light?

User Thread
 35yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that fireangel is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
Where's My Light?
Its been quite some time. I seem to be stuck in this bottomless pit of relentless loneliness. I'm beginning to see things as Descartes theorized, but not just one of his thoughts, a compilation of them....

Everyone is but a construct of my own mind, there to keep me company, there to maintain my happiness. Everything I see, experience, love, hate, its all something I've made up. You people reading this, who may or may not respond, are people that I've subconsciously created. The things you write are things I thought up, and things that I unknowingly want myself to read.

On the other hand some supreme, superior being seems to be fooling me. It would appear that these people I've created, these life events that I'm causing myself to experience, have been influenced by some outside force clearly more powerful than myself, to seemingly cause me pain.

What does this mean for me? Does that mean that I'll never be happy? Will I be lonely forever? Am I better off alone? Is everyone else better off with me alone? Do you see how pathetic I'm subconsciously making myself?

Screw this shit. Even if I did make this all up, and I am torturing myself, why haven't I provided myself with an out? Where is the light in my fucking tunnel?

As always I must settle at resignation. I just have to go through each day, looking for a beam of light that I will probably never find. I need a new place, I need new faces, I need a new damn life.

35yrs • F
A CTL of 1 means that vigil is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
Do you still feel this way? How have you been coping?

This reminds me of the "I feel alienated" post in the anonymous thread. Just an observation...

Do you find yourself relating to that post at all?

Where's My Light?
About Captain Cynic
Common FAQ's
Captain Cynic Guides
Contact Us
Terms of Use
Privacy Policy
General Forum Rules
Cynic Trust Levels
Administrative Contact Forum
Registration
Lost Password
General Discussion
Philosophy Forums
Psychology Forums
Health Forums
Quote Submissions
Promotions & Links
 Captain Cynic on Facebook
 Captain Cynic on Twitter
 Captain Cynic RSS Feed
 Daily Tasker
Copyright © 2011 Captain Cynic All Rights Reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy