Don't compare your life to others. You have no idea what their journey is all about. - Regina Brett
Captain Cynic Guides
Administrative Contact
Talk Talk
Philosophy Forum
Religion Forum
Psychology Forum
Science & Technology Forum
Politics & Current Events Forum
Health & Wellness Forum
Sexuality & Intimacy Forum
Product Reviews
Stories & Poetry Forum
Art Forum
Movie/TV Reviews
Jokes & Games
Photos, Videos & Music Forum

What is worth death?

User Thread
 40yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that allimar is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
What is worth death?
We all die one day. How we face it is more or less up to us. However, what would be worth tasting death sooner? Protecting your loved ones? A political cause? Religion? What to you is worth more than you value your life?

"The more you learn, the less you know."
 30yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that petre666 is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
most things are worth more than my life in theory but in practice i would say im not entirely sure because i never have gotten the choice to die for something so unless you've had the choice and have nearly died for something then i dont think anyone could possibly know

"the only pain in pleasure is the pleasure of the pain"
 44yrs • F •
A CTL of 1 means that CheeChee is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
Life is worthless. Few people value life anyway, but objects and and their ego.

30yrs • M •
dumb-ass-16 is new to Captain Cynic and has less than 15 posts. New members have certain restrictions and must fill in CAPTCHAs to use various parts of the site.
i myself would have to say i would die for anything but not for nothing...

to clarify, i would die for anyone or anything if i thought that some good would come from it.

example: im on the street and one guy pulls a gun on another, i dont know anything about said person at gun point, but i would die if it meant that someone else wouldn't.

43yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that Squarepants is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
Life is every thing. There are few I have ever come across and said life is worthless.
Ego and objects are ignored when lives are in danger.

"I hungry"
 34yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that BethewateR is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
not at all squarepants ego actually has fueled more death and distruction in history than any thing and land is still an object, every death in the name of conquest, impeialism, or any dictatorship ever on this planet, including feudalism can attest to this. stick to sunday morning cartoons

As for myself I would die for family with the exception of a cousin and one close friend of mine. As an athiest and an anarchist, life is all we have and we are all citizens of earth, dying for a country or a people is just dying for a government, that top one percent of the uppercrust.

I would also die if it meant martyrdom for the cause of furthering human rights. I may be gone, but my pain will end, the worlds will go on unless someone does something. Martin Luther King, Ghandi and countless others all martyrs for a cause and although Ghandis was mostly india, he did more for peace then billions that came before.

"all you know is all you know"
 45yrs • M
A CTL of 1 means that Cainchild is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
There are few things in life worth killing and dying for.
First on that list is gender. If someone is male, I encourage them to go put a bullet in their skull.
Aside from that I use a kind of math formula. Does my dying for this, or killing for this cause fewer people to suffer, or suffer less than had I not.
I.E. If we bombed the internment camps in North Korea, are we preventing suffering in the long run, especially since people are born and die in those places?

"Fear is the emotion that prevents us from doing thing we shouldn't have thought of to begin with."
 75yrs • F •
A CTL of 1 means that cswriter is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
What a question. Can I have three wishes?

At my age, I feel so guilty for living! I am one those baby boomers that is causing a Social Security crisis, and if my death could resolve this problem, and assure my children's generation had as good lives as we have now, I would give my life for this.

I would give my life, if doing so would disappear illegal drugs, and all the suffering they cause.

I would give my life, if doing so would wake people up, cause them to be aware of reality and to be more reasonable. By being reasonable I mean, stop taking oil, and farm land, and water, and sea food for granted, and start practicing birth control, and population control, so we stop the destruction of the planet we need for life, and future generations can have as good lives as my generation has enjoyed.

"Only when democracy is defended in the classroom is it defended."
 40yrs • M
A CTL of 1 means that DannyDuberstein is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
This question cannot be answered. It's like we're sitting here typing about taking a test. It's all talk. Life and death are just that. There's no talking about death. It just happens. Anyone claiming this high altruism, saying they'll die for some stranger is merely speculation masquerading as truth for self-serving grandiosity.

"Just a fleck in the immeasurable circumference?"
 40yrs • M
A CTL of 1 means that DannyDuberstein is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
I don't know what's worth dying for. But I'll tell you what, I won't be around to tell talkers about it if I ever have to encounter what any one of the things are.

45yrs • M
A CTL of 1 means that Cainchild is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
quote:
This question cannot be answered. It's like we're sitting here typing about taking a test. It's all talk. Life and death are just that. There's no talking about death. It just happens. Anyone claiming this high altruism, saying they'll die for some stranger is merely speculation masquerading as truth for self-serving grandiosity.

I have to disagree, people choose every single day to put themselves in situation that they cannot reasonably hope to survive based on certain ideals.
When I was in the guard, we found out at the beginning of the Iraqi war that we couldn't be deployed due to various reasons. Several of our guys volunteered to go for the initial invasion even though they didn't have to. Their 'Good bye just in case,' letters to their families we're in no way vague, they knew there was a good chance they'd die when they went. They believed they were going to support democracy and end tyranny in the world. Some did not make it back home.
For them death didn't just happen. They chose to go and place themselves in a bad situation where they knew they might die, for the benefit of people they didn't know, and who will likely never even know they were there.

"Fear is the emotion that prevents us from doing thing we shouldn't have thought of to begin with."
 40yrs • M
Cainchild, many men have gone off to fight in wars, without ever having truly comprehended just what they would face. Then again, men who have seen death and return to it for a second tour are another story.

My friend served three tours in Iraq. The second one, he justified by going to protect his brothers. He was a good leader. The third, he was numb to and in need of money/escape from a society he could no longer understand for the moment. So yes, I think I agree that there are men who CAN choose. Those ONLY being ones who know the implications of what they're choosing.

40yrs • M
Anyone else, though, including me, are merely talkers.

29yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that James008 is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
i would say that i would die for the bettering of all of human kind, but as such a situation will not happen soon i would say there is currently nothing else i would die for.

"Life is interesting but the universe rules."
 38yrs • M
A CTL of 1 means that EOTW is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
$1,000,000.

I would say more but one million is already pushing it even if all my body parts could be sould successfully on the black market.

"Nothing Happens On The Internet."
What is worth death?
About Captain Cynic
Common FAQ's
Captain Cynic Guides
Contact Us
Terms of Use
Privacy Policy
General Forum Rules
Cynic Trust Levels
Administrative Contact Forum
Registration
Lost Password
General Discussion
Philosophy Forums
Psychology Forums
Health Forums
Quote Submissions
Promotions & Links
 Captain Cynic on Facebook
 Captain Cynic on Twitter
 Captain Cynic RSS Feed
 Daily Tasker
Copyright © 2011 Captain Cynic All Rights Reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy