Life is a journey to nothingness, one cannot know something he has not experienced. - Fayt
Captain Cynic Guides
Administrative Contact
Talk Talk
Philosophy Forum
Religion Forum
Psychology Forum
Science & Technology Forum
Politics & Current Events Forum
Health & Wellness Forum
Sexuality & Intimacy Forum
Product Reviews
Stories & Poetry Forum
Art Forum
Movie/TV Reviews
Jokes & Games
Photos, Videos & Music Forum

Are you listening to yourself?

User Thread
 46yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that Black Gold is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
Ask yourself this question... Am I listening to myself?

Surely to be aware of what's going, I must be listening...

Well, maybe not.
When you're dreaming you're not fully aware of the full context of what you're experiencing.
You may be splitting your attention between two sources of information, and not truly listening to both.

What if it's something I'm saying or doing?

Even then you may not be fully aware (if such full awareness exists).

With reasoning it may be that there are only degrees of listening, based on numbers and chunking of information.

Also, there must be some sort of rough threshold that relates to having listened enough to have been aware of necessary information to use that information properly.

Lesser awareness can often be the cause of making certain mistakes. Juggling attention on various elements is often necessary, and mistakes are made.

Back to the question... "Am I listening to myself?"
The answer is always "to a degree..."

Any thoughts on the subject?

"There is no negative one..."
 42yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that Chained Wings is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
Sorry Black. I don't know the answer.

But I do have some thoughts.

I love how you think so much and you have so many cool ideas.

I know not many people say much on your threads. But I really love the ideas you put out there.

And Im sure others do too.

I hope you stay inquisitive and curious.

"When I was a child I flew! Then as an adult- I watched others soar."
 46yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that Black Gold is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
Thanks for letting me know...

I greatly enjoy the ideas I post here too, I tend to leave the best stuff for Captain Cynic...

Also, have found in the past that some of my thoughts are a bit out there for others, and may not always make sense, at least on first glance...

If you ever need me to explain part of a post, feel free to make a request. (I have a habit of checking out the responses on threads I started myself...)

"There is no negative one..."
 36yrs • F •
jadah is new to Captain Cynic and has less than 15 posts. New members have certain restrictions and must fill in CAPTCHAs to use various parts of the site.
Am I listening to myself?! hmm I think my answer to that question would be I am listening to myself as long as I am calm, the moment I am agitated/ furious/ annoyed name any other of those kind of feelings and I feel like I stop listening to myself and just thinking of the goal I am trying to achieve in a given discussion. I am not really aware anymore of how I sound compared to how I am when I am calm and relaxed.

"Courage is the discovery that you may not win, and trying when you know you can lose. - Tom Krause"
 43yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that wecycle is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
Very interesting. I wonder if i listen to myself enough. Id have to agree jadah when angry or frustrated I dont usually find myself listening to myself. Just acting. Maybe we should all take a minute each day to listen to ourselves? hmm

"God is Good"
 47yrs • F •
dragngrl28 is new to Captain Cynic and has less than 15 posts. New members have certain restrictions and must fill in CAPTCHAs to use various parts of the site.
If I was truly that self-aware then I wouldn't have those moments when I feel foolish over something that I said after thinking about the situation with 20/20 hindsight.

I think that sometimes people say things that they don't mean but then feel like they have to defend what they said so that they don't have to admit to the mistake.

It's pretty late so I might have gotten the context of the original postt wrong.

"Reality is 10% truth and 90% perception."
 73yrs • M •
JimmyO is new to Captain Cynic and has less than 15 posts. New members have certain restrictions and must fill in CAPTCHAs to use various parts of the site.
Are you talking about our inner voice? Do you feel you have an inner voice, and if so, where does it come from?

About Captain Cynic
Common FAQ's
Captain Cynic Guides
Contact Us
Terms of Use
Privacy Policy
General Forum Rules
Cynic Trust Levels
Administrative Contact Forum
Registration
Lost Password
General Discussion
Philosophy Forums
Psychology Forums
Health Forums
Quote Submissions
Promotions & Links
 Captain Cynic on Facebook
 Captain Cynic on Twitter
 Captain Cynic RSS Feed
 Daily Tasker
Copyright © 2011 Captain Cynic All Rights Reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy