when i feel lost i remind myself that i live in an ignorant place. i'm supposed to be lost... - spankster501
Captain Cynic Guides
Administrative Contact
Talk Talk
Philosophy Forum
Religion Forum
Psychology Forum
Science & Technology Forum
Politics & Current Events Forum
Health & Wellness Forum
Sexuality & Intimacy Forum
Product Reviews
Stories & Poetry Forum
Art Forum
Movie/TV Reviews
Jokes & Games
Photos, Videos & Music Forum

What does God have to say about it?

User Thread
 67yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that The teacher is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
Have you ever considered, The Child of The Heart? The child of the mind is always changing. The child of the mind dwells in a dark cubical. Receiving information from all of the cubicles around it. No mater how you believe you can free your mind, you are still trapped in your own imagination. It is in your imagination, that you and your whole reality exist.

Isn't it ironic, We now have the freedom to talk to the world within the realm of cyberspace, so now we spend our time in our cubicles, on our computers, and telephones, or watching television.

What are you looking for? Who are you? Why are you here? These are the questions you ponder in your heart, as you sift through all of the useless information being fed to your mind.

Everybody believes something. Everybody thinks they know something. But what does anybody know for sure except that, they are here, and they are going to die.

Everybody that knows you, has their own opinion about you, but do they know you at all. Does their opinion of you even mater? The best you can do, is have an opinion of yourself. Your opinion of yourself, rather you want to admit it or not, is largely based on what other people think. Does your opinion even mater?

Everyone is influenced by the outside information they receive. Every generation is influenced by the collective minds of the masses. History shows us where we came from. Take a look around you and see where history has brought us.

Does anybody have any idea where this is all going? You can search the minds of the masses, and you will find every theory imaginable. But all you will find, is a world full of people like yourself, trapped in their own imagination,speaking whats on their minds.

History has told a story, but time has hidden the truth. Truth is hidden in ruins, waiting to be unearthed. History as it is told, has hidden truth in lies.

Search the minds of the masses, You will leave with only questions. Show me the one who knows the answer. Show me the one who knows the truth.

Is there a final theory? Who will discover it? Is there one great truth to be known. Who will reveal it?

A better question is, who is looking for the truth? Who is asking the right question?

Politics, is made up of people who want power and control. They want to control the masses. They are conditioning the collective minds of the masses. They are leading the world to destruction, gradually taking away freedom. Generation after generation.

The world is controlled by money, and those who have it. Money equals power. Money equals freedom. money brings on death, suffering, and bondage.

Mankind has been on a road of discovery. God gave man all things to discover. God is demonstrated by his creation. Science, and the people studying it, the people that should know more than anyone, spend all of their time trying to figure out how all of this came into being without an intelligent designer.

All of the religious people think they know God. enough said

So what is the question to your answer?

"It is the time of the reveiling."
 67yrs • M •
Let's take a little journey through the mind.

Let's imagine if you will, man has created a huge space station. The space station, has it's own biosphere, huge solar panels, for all of it's energy needs, self contained, self generating, waste, and water, recycling system, all of which, is self contained, self maintained, and created to sustain life indefinitely.

Now, thousands of years have passed. Generation, after generation, of people, have lived out their lives, on this space station. The purpose, for the creation of this space station, has been lost in history.

Many myths, and legions, were born, throughout these generations. These new generations, begin to study the space station, Trying to understand, how, and why it came into being.

There are some religious fanatics, that believe, man once lived on a large planet, that was able to sustain life. This planet, was facing destruction, because of mans misuse of it. So man designed and built this planet called, Space station, for their survival.

Science, for the study of our origin, have come up with some great theories, about how the space station evolved, without a design, or an intelligent creator.

This story sounds silly. But, with all of the discoveries, of the complexity of life, and reality, far more complex, than a space station designed by man, you would think people, would want to know the truth, about the designer,what his purpose is, and what our place is, in his purpose.

74yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that The Real MacKay is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.

TO: The teacher

NOTE:
Due to your simplistic theorizing and subjective conjecturing, the majority of your statements will
not be evaluated

The following is my evaluation of your two (2) posts:

'The teacher' POST DATE: September 07, 2009 - 6:48 am

The teacher:
Let's take a little journey through the mind.

ANSWER:

No, instead, 'Let's take a little journey at the Holodeck*.'

You cannot prove that you, yours, and Mankind aren't merely 'Holodeck simulations'. Oh yes,
it's a FACT that a Holodeck could 'simulate' anything since all external and internal data is manipulated. You're simply an 'illusion' of reality.

Premise: Assumption that the 'Holodeck' doesn't exist.

In our ghastly human existence, each person builds his/her own 'Christmas box' (belief system) to help himself survive mentally day-by-day. You have your box, as I have mine (read Summary).

* REFERENCE:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Holodeck

The teacher:
Let's imagine if you will...

ANSWER:

No, I'm not going to play your game of 'Imagination' (trick / crooked deck*).

Your game is a common diversion (beguile) tactic used in Ruled Debates and by attorneys. Implementing this tactic in a courtroom or before debate judges would be cause for a penalty.

Your entire premise is based on your 'Christmas box'. Therefore, the remainder of your statements don't require any further evaluation.

*REFERENCE:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Crooked_deck

'The teacher' POST DATE: September 07, 2009 - 5:26 am

DEFINITIONS

God:
      A being of supernatural powers or attributes, believed in and worshiped by a people,

Illusion:
      The condition of being deceived by a false perception or belief.

Imagination:
      The ability to confront and deal with reality by using the creative power of the mind.

The teacher:
Have you ever considered...

ANSWER:

Now your debate (courtroom) tactic is to 'lead the witness'. You're constantly trying to
implement 'imagination'. Yet, you still haven't proven that you exist in reality – you could
be a Holodeck illusion.

The teacher:
Everybody believes..........know for sure except that, they are here, and they are going to die.

ANSWER:

Once again, you are presenting your 'Christmas box' (belief system) – not FACTS; merely subjective conjecturing, which makes you feel comfortable.

Essentially your entire post is about 'running in circles' (common debate tactic). You are offering numerous questions without any in-depth answers – your method is to 'confuse the audience by running them in circles'.

I assume the God you're referring to is 'Jehovah" (Yahweh / YHWH / Allah*).

*REFERENCE:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jehovah
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Allah

The teacher:
So what is the question to your answer?

ANSWER:

Premise: Assumption that the 'Holodeck' – or similar device and/or higher beings,
i.e. Q Continuum* – doesn't exist.

'Why do you blame God (Jehovah) about the choice made by fiendish egoists
                  to breed innocent children?'

It's within the power of human beings to choose NOT to breed.

* REFERENCE:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Q_Continuum

SUMMARY

DEFINITIONS

Belief:
      to have confidence in the existence of something, without absolute PROOF.

Creation:
      --- the world; universe.
      --- the original bringing into existence of the universe by God.

Religion:
      a set of 'beliefs' concerning the cause, nature, and purpose of the universe, esp. when
      considered as the creation of a superhuman agency or agencies, usually involving devotional
      and ritual observances, and often containing a moral code governing the conduct of
      human affairs.

FINAL ANSWER:

What you or I 'believe' is irrelevant to FACT.

Your belief, my belief, their belief, etc. – cannot:

--- Create a God that doesn't exist.

--- Destroy a God that does exist.
                        'God is dead.' – Nietzsche / 'Nietzsche is dead.' – God

Belief is irrelevant to FACT.

Egoism and ignorance are the cause of human beings to confuse 'belief' for FACT.

Creation is an UNKNOWN.

Death is an UNKNOWN.

Human Existence is an UNKNOWN.

For millennium upon millennium, Mankind has argued about Death and Existence – without PROOF.

At best, all arguments are simply a mental exercise without a provable conclusion.

Yet, Mankind continues to breed and present this quandary to the next generation. That IS selfish and fiendish!!!

YOU cannot truly answer the two most important questions (Death & Existence), yet YOU breed and knowingly condemn children to DEATH. That IS maniacal egoism (abnormal).

NOTE:
Don't take YOU personal, unless it applies.

"Innocent Children" should be your (the) concern.

Link:
http://www.captaincynic.com/thread/20528/voluntary-human-extinction-move
ment.htm

"Diogenes (Sinope) Where Art Thou?"
[  Edited by The Real MacKay at   ]
 67yrs • M •
Hey Real!!!

May I call you Real, for short? Wow, de ja vu!!! I sent you a message a while back. I assume you received it. You didn't respond back.

Thank you so much! I've bin waiting to find someone, who is paying attention! And yes, someone who is real! I believe you are real, What do you think?

You'll be surprised to know, I agree on everything you are saying, except your assumptions, you have about me. I have just been posting some stoner thought bubbles, to try and get someones attention. Looks like it worked.

Please, don't evaluate me from this. These thoughts I have shared, were simply, to get someone, to think about it, and give me a reply. I don't ask questions, that I don't have an answer to.

I know what everyone believes. I also know, what everyone is leaving out of their equations.

I would like to ask five questions.

Is there one great truth, to be known?
Can we know this truth?
Can you show me anyone, that knows the truth?
Is this truth, yet to be discovered?
Or will it be revealed?

Yes you are right, I am talking about, ( THE I AM HE ). I am talking about, ( THE GOD OF ABRAHAM, ISAAC, AND, JACOB ). Not to be confused with, the god of Christianity.

Can I let you in on a little secret? It's what everyone has been talking about.

I hate to leave you hanging, but my soul mate needs her computer back. I have limited access. Will post again latter.

39yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that KGB is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
To: The Real MacKay

The following is my evaluation of your post (or at least as much as it can be evaluated).

"The Real MacKay" POST DATE: September 7, 2009 - 3:25 p.m.

The Real MacKay:
You cannot prove that you, yours, and Mankind aren't merely 'Holodeck simulations'. Oh yes,
it's a FACT that a Holodeck could 'simulate' anything since all external and internal data is manipulated. You're simply an 'illusion' of reality.

"Innocent Children" should be your (the) concern.

ANSWER: Honest question here: If, in fact, you cannot prove the existence of human beings how then can a nonexistent child be innocent as innocence would, by definition, require existence?

Just asking.

That is all.

"If you bring forth what is within you, what you bring forth will save you. If you do not bring forth what is within you, what you do not bring forth will destroy you."
 67yrs • M •
To The Real MacKay:

Here are some other thoughts regarding your post:
"The Real MacKay" POST DATE: September 7, 2009 - 3:25 p.m.

Simplistic theorizing? And subjective conjecturing? WTF?

Holodeck? This isn't even a word.
Cubicle of the mind! Same thing!

Game of imagination? ( beguile ) tactic?
I only asked you to imagine a fictional story.

Christmas box?
Also, same as cubicle of the mind.

Your definition of ( god ), note, the ( little g )?
Believed in, and worshiped by a people?
This ( god ) is the product of the imagination. And so also, any religion related to it.

Illusion, ( of the mind ) and imagination, is the same thing.
This is where you dwell.
Or in your case, delusion, may be a better word.

Have you ever considered...
( debate ), ( courtroom tactic ) ( " lead the witness " )? Again, " What the Fuck "???
I wasn't debating anyone. I was just asking a question.

Everybody believes something.
This is a fact, not the product of of my ( belief system ).
" Makes me feel comfortable " about what ???

( The real Mackay )
Essentially your entire post is about 'running in circles' (common debate tactic). You are offering numerous questions without any in-depth answers – your method is to 'confuse the audience by running them in circles'.

Running in circles? That is what everyone's debates are doing.
I only asked a few questions, trying to start a conversation.
If you would like to have a conversation, ( outside of the courtroom, HA! HA! ), I would share my answers, to the questions that I asked, and you could share yours.

( " Confuse the audience, by running them in circles " )?????????
Again I say " what the Fuck " ?????

When did I refer to a God in my post?

( The real Makay )
'Why do you blame God (Jehovah) about the choice made by fiendish egoists
to breed innocent childrens

Again What The Fuck?

[  Edited by The teacher at   ]
 43yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that wecycle is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
ok teacher what exactly do you teach. I mean usually our handles describe us in some way and all im learning is confusion. are you for God or Against. And if your for God and are trying to teach about him make your comments more understandable. please. thanks.

"God is Good"
 44yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that Wayback is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
Teacher, interesting story but I just watched the History channel & it had one too. This one was a take on the Indiana Jones series & dealt with the crystal skulls . . seems there is a legend of the existence of 13 such skulls, of which 7 have been found to exist. which is rather news to me because I thought the whole concept was a Hollywood myth?
The archaeological aspect of this tale seem to be the main thesis but it did mention the aspect that according to legend when these skulls come together that miraculously all the ills of mankind will resolve themselves & all will be well.
1) I believe the New Testament makes a similar statement?
2) if such a thing were to happen then I tend to believe that it would be more of man making right choices which in turn would produce the healing effect. So what do you think?

67yrs • M •
I recently purchased a bottle of crystal skull vodka. It comes in a really cool clear glass skull bottle. I,d like to make a water bong out of it. On the box that it comes in, they tell the story of the crystal skulls. They have a website about their product that is pretty good. I went to some websites that showed pictures of the skulls that have been found, and tells a story about each one, it's pretty interesting.

They claim these skulls are like minds that contain information, each one has it's own personality. They are supposed to be able to channel the energies of the cosmos.

The really strange thing about them, is scientist have studied them and can find no tool marks of any kind. Also the way they are made against the poles of the crystals, if you tried to carve one in this manor, the crystal would shatter. They say even with modern tools and technology, they could not be duplicated.

There are some companies that are selling sets of smaller versions, they claim that if you place them in a circle, then sit in the middle of the circle they will channel energies to your mind and increase your focus or something. I believe if you purchase them , place them in a circle, and sit in the middle, you will help the manufacturer become rich.

http://www.crystalskulls.com/ This is a good website on the subject

72yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that cturtle is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
Teacher, I tend to think you missed some point being asked?
Or perhaps the question should have been stated in a general form, not being specifically asked of you?
A friend of mine has an older car & recently it needed repair. I took it down to the local dealership & as I was there I started to look around the lot.
quote:
Note that in a conversation the topic turned to nuclear power plants (he =>pro / me => anti). His final statement put forth that why should government provide electric (my thought why did it ever do so . . . )
Now most of us realize that things like cars have a usable life span & at some time they tend to start to break down. Her car being 10 years old but having little over 30,000 miles didn't fit into that category. (I hoped)
I looked at a late model w/ 30,000 miles on it. Hmm, checked the gas mileage, about the same. Went online looked at the new Hybrids, checked the gas mileage. Hmm . . ya better gas mileage but her car is running on an inline 6-cylinder, these were 4-cylinder . . ah, wouldn't she be getting that kind of mileage if she had gotten a 4-cylinder model.
On the other hand, she owns her home & has the resources to go green => apply for the rebates & have solar electric panels installed but I checked on them. They seam to have a usable life span of about 7 years which means about the time they pay for themselves it is time to replace them. (Convenient isn't it, manufacture sales security)
Well finally to the point.
If production of was escalated by say the depression style government action then this would have a greater & more effective approach to our recession & unemployment rate; having seen a special on the how badly our power grid has deteriorated, this would tend to relieve the demand on the grid &allow for maintenance and as I heard the statement made (in regard to Iran & it developing nuclear power plants) that if we were to supply their need for power, they would not need to build nuclear facilities. Thus if we (had) start producing & marketing solar, we would not only become more self reliant but as nuclear resources are rather finite as is oil. (out of the frying pan & into the fire) Now as stated the special on the deterioration of our infrastructure had clear implications on the high risk of contamination as well as the high cost of waste disposal of Unclean nuclear power as a resources.
Such seems almost to good to be true or viable . . .

"Terrorist or tyrant, few may come to the Truth that both are poor choice."
[  Edited by cturtle at   ]
About Captain Cynic
Common FAQ's
Captain Cynic Guides
Contact Us
Terms of Use
Privacy Policy
General Forum Rules
Cynic Trust Levels
Administrative Contact Forum
Registration
Lost Password
General Discussion
Philosophy Forums
Psychology Forums
Health Forums
Quote Submissions
Promotions & Links
 Captain Cynic on Facebook
 Captain Cynic on Twitter
 Captain Cynic RSS Feed
 Daily Tasker
Copyright © 2011 Captain Cynic All Rights Reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy