Life is like an onion: you peel off layer after layer, then you find there is nothing in it. - PhoebeKnowsAll
Captain Cynic Guides
Administrative Contact
Talk Talk
Philosophy Forum
Religion Forum
Psychology Forum
Science & Technology Forum
Politics & Current Events Forum
Health & Wellness Forum
Sexuality & Intimacy Forum
Product Reviews
Stories & Poetry Forum
Art Forum
Movie/TV Reviews
Jokes & Games
Photos, Videos & Music Forum

Facing demons

User Thread
 34yrs • F •
A CTL of 1 means that her is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
Facing demons
Lat night i was completely off my face on drugs, and i had the most strange experience, it was only weed but jesus the amount of things i was saying, and bringing up, fears of dying, of hell, of being lost, and trapped, so many issues that I think i need to sort out, but without psychological councilling how does one face their demons?

"I have nothing to be proud of today but hopefully tomorrow I will."
 72yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that NicOfTime is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
Just weed? Sounds more like salvia.

A good psychologist is really just a good listener. The counselor can't do anything for you -- although a good counselor can help create the safe space that permits the person being counselled to gain his own insights.

Many, most, perhaps all of us have at least some kind of "demon" -- some barrier or attitude or "'fact' regarded as absolutely or unquestionably true" that forms at least part of the basis for other decisions we make about ourselves in relation to life or others.

What demon are you attempting to face down?

72yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that NicOfTime is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
Sheesh -- even if it isn't a demon specific to your own personal genetic and epi-genetic combination, there are a number of "demons" (anxieties) that many of us have to face all throughout life. You can carve out a space for yourself where you can hold many of these at bay, face them down to at least a standoff, but I suspect that total elmination of these is not an achievable goal.

41yrs • F •
A CTL of 1 means that pupa ria is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
hallo her...
councling hmmm. concling is an alternative when you have no way of supporting yourself and facing your inner speech. The psychologist is not only a good listener he is the person that offers you a space of reality where all of your being can be heard ( some thing that we cannot find in the real world) thats why this space is called neo-reality. it is nice to be heard and contained by someone, it keeps your feet on social grounds.

demons: after my own experience they are those voices that controls our emotions and actions sometimes and that deep down you feel that aren't part of you, that you got posessed by them at a certain point of your life. the stagnating feeling you have is that you have to get rid of them. but is it so? i came to the belief that those little demons we have add color to our life. if they were all angels within us we would be in total peace, you will feel yourself like an eternal calm see...but has that ever been the own of life? life has always been the expression of struggle, overcoming....here's something from Nietzsche'You must have chaos within you to give birth to a dancing star.'

As it is all about politics..."facing" the demons could be a wrong tactic cause it dries you out eventualy. the term should be "Playing" and not "facing". Lure them,lure yourself, give them the silence treat and whatever. what i'm saying does sound like balder dash. but i think it will help if you try to open a door for these demons to express thereselves cause the more you shut the door the more powerful they will become ( they are like parasites "travelling two by two". How to express them? you have art : but let me tell you just by grabbing a brush and a bucket of paint wont make you a soldier...giving form to your demons in art takes a long time and self transparency ( you shouldn't be afraid of what you might say and become) there is writing...why don't you try automatic writing, it's very cathartic. I'm sure every one has his/her own domain of self expression but you gotta pick a domain that is beyond good and evil so that people wont take you to the guillotine.
There comes a time where this war has got to reach it's peak but it will never end. we are always in a cold war withourselves. thats why religion and the thought of an afterlife is the greatest compensation.

Good luck. better trippin' next time

"I'm the mirror that will make you invisible"
 40yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that Wyote is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
I imagine the weed simply allowed you to voice feelings you've had deep within you for a while. Similar to alcohol being referred to as Liquid Courage, marijuana allows a person to let their mind go of some of it's inhibitions. Often simply vocalizing things out loud can have a profound affect on your own thoughts/actions.

As for facing these demons as you put it, you've got to dig deep and really try to understand where your emotions originate, where your thought processes began and how they led to such immense fear. Understanding is half the battle.

The prospect of an unexpected death at any moment is a harsh reality that few bother to face or fully understand. Still sorting it out myself.

"A loving heart is the beginning of all knowledge. - Thomas Carlyle"
 54yrs • F •
A CTL of 1 means that Evilia is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
It had to be more then weed. Unless it was laced? Like majorly?

"Spellcheck is for pussies. REAL women make mistakes."
 36yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that Jacker_Jones is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
Some people use drugs to escape problems in that they use alcohol or in some cases weed to escape the reality of life.

Your using drugs to bring forth your problems, the opposite. By being intoxicated it has given you the courage to face these demons.

I think the latter is less psychologically healthy in that if you expose your psychological trauma on narcotics than an unknown element to the equation is being added where as if you face your ghosts sober than that element is removed.

P.S. you would really know if the weed was laced don't worry about it you were just paranoid.

"I love to see people struggling for their purpose in life..."
Facing demons
About Captain Cynic
Common FAQ's
Captain Cynic Guides
Contact Us
Terms of Use
Privacy Policy
General Forum Rules
Cynic Trust Levels
Administrative Contact Forum
Registration
Lost Password
General Discussion
Philosophy Forums
Psychology Forums
Health Forums
Quote Submissions
Promotions & Links
 Captain Cynic on Facebook
 Captain Cynic on Twitter
 Captain Cynic RSS Feed
 Daily Tasker
Copyright © 2011 Captain Cynic All Rights Reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy