Stories & Poetry Forum
Art Forum
Movie/TV Reviews
Jokes & Games
Photos, Videos & Music Forum

This site may harm your computer?

User Thread
 42yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that Chained Wings is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
Ok this is really bizarre. I'm googling some stuff to research and I get this message:

quote:

This site might harm your computer.

Suggestions:

* Return to the previous page and pick another result.
* Try another search to find what you're looking for.

Or you can continue to http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/ethereal at your own risk. For detailed information about the problems we found, visit Google's Safe Browsing diagnostic page for this site.

For more information about how to protect yourself from harmful software online, you can visit StopBadware.org.

If you are the owner of this web site, you can request a review of your site using Google's Webmaster Tools. More information about the review process is available in Google's Webmaster Help Center.
Advisory provided by Google.

And now all the sites I Google have this warning under them. And if i click on them Im directed to a page that gives me that message. If i try to continue to the page I get an error message.

Is this something that may be specific to me (IE im infected with some kind of virus or something.)

Or are other ppl experiencing it too?

I'm wondering if its Anonymous playing some more of thier childish pranks. or if something has affected the internet for a temporary time. Or if Google has a new policy.

There has been speculation for a long time that ppl are trying to take over the internet and not allow it to be free. And one of the ways to do this is to block sites who dont pay those who want to control the internet. Kind of like virtual protection money.

This is just weird, so anyone else having this problem let me know. I will keep ppl updated on how things go my end.

Thats if the "men in black" don't bust down my door and stop me.

"When I was a child I flew! Then as an adult- I watched others soar."
 42yrs • M •
Sometimes I doubt my own sanity. But just for the record...

Google's search service has been hit by technical problems, with users unable to access search results.

For a period on Saturday, all search results were flagged as potentially harmful, with users warned that the site "may harm your computer".

Users who clicked on their preferred search result were advised to pick another one.

Google attributed the fault to human error and said most users were affected for about 40 minutes.

"What happened? Very simply, human error," wrote Marissa Mayer, vice president, search products and user experience, on the Official Google Blog.

The internet search engine works with stopbadware.org to ascertain which sites install malicious software on people's computers and merit a warning.

Stopbadware.org investigates consumer complaints to decide which sites are dangerous.

The list of malevolent sites is regularly updated and handed to Google.

When Google updated the list on Saturday, it mistakenly flagged all sites as potentially dangerous.

"We will carefully investigate this incident and put more robust file checks in place to prevent it from happening again," Ms Mayer wrote.

31yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that Oblivion is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
Now the question is: How did you find that information without googling it? Haha

"If You Aint Ammo, You Aint Shit."
 42yrs • M •
Awww Grasshopper. One must learn to see with not just their eyes before one can truly see.

"Google attributed the fault to human error and said most users were affected for about 40 minutes."

(look at the time difference between my two posts.)

31yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that Oblivion is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
Damn. lol.

"If You Aint Ammo, You Aint Shit."
About Captain Cynic
Common FAQ's
Captain Cynic Guides
Contact Us
Terms of Use
Privacy Policy
General Forum Rules
Cynic Trust Levels
Administrative Contact Forum
Registration
Lost Password
General Discussion
Philosophy Forums
Psychology Forums
Health Forums
Quote Submissions
Promotions & Links
 Captain Cynic on Facebook
 Captain Cynic on Twitter
 Captain Cynic RSS Feed
 Daily Tasker
Copyright © 2011 Captain Cynic All Rights Reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy