It was the best of times it was the worst of times, it was the time of happiness it was the time of sadness. - Samwell
Captain Cynic Guides
Administrative Contact
Talk Talk
Philosophy Forum
Religion Forum
Psychology Forum
Science & Technology Forum
Politics & Current Events Forum
Health & Wellness Forum
Sexuality & Intimacy Forum
Product Reviews
Stories & Poetry Forum
Art Forum
Movie/TV Reviews
Jokes & Games
Photos, Videos & Music Forum

Repression?

User Thread
 36yrs • F •
A CTL of 1 means that Attolia is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
Repression?
How do you know if you've accepted something and moved on or if you're still repressing something? There are some things I feel apathetic about, but used to feel strongly over before, so I'm wondering how you can tell if you're really accepted something.

"How can we be just in a world without mercy and merciful in a world without justice?"
 43yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that nyrlathotep is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
I have given a bit of thought to your post. I am sure you are refering to a intense often traumatic experience in life

I do not think that one fully gets over any thing and if so it would take a long time. even the strongest amongst us carrys memorys of experiences that will allways effect them. there are many degrees of not accepting something. like when your heart throbs at the sight of a lost lover or when you are having flash backs from your time in nam. If you think of the subconcious and how information is squared away in your subconcious it may be reasonable to believe you havent gotten over the spankings you have recieved as a child. Of course bad things happen but people move on despite their emotional baggage. it is all a matter of degrees. when I look back on bad experiences I remind my self that the past is long gone and the future is too far away so I had best settle for the here and now.

"i have nothing original to say."
Repression?
About Captain Cynic
Common FAQ's
Captain Cynic Guides
Contact Us
Terms of Use
Privacy Policy
General Forum Rules
Cynic Trust Levels
Administrative Contact Forum
Registration
Lost Password
General Discussion
Philosophy Forums
Psychology Forums
Health Forums
Quote Submissions
Promotions & Links
 Captain Cynic on Facebook
 Captain Cynic on Twitter
 Captain Cynic RSS Feed
 Daily Tasker
Copyright © 2011 Captain Cynic All Rights Reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy