Try define the word 'nomal'. Don't use the dictionary. I want to the REAL definition. What is it? - Personal
Captain Cynic Guides
Administrative Contact
Talk Talk
Philosophy Forum
Religion Forum
Psychology Forum
Science & Technology Forum
Politics & Current Events Forum
Health & Wellness Forum
Sexuality & Intimacy Forum
Product Reviews
Stories & Poetry Forum
Art Forum
Movie/TV Reviews
Jokes & Games
Photos, Videos & Music Forum

Emotional support.

User Thread
 34yrs • F •
A CTL of 1 means that her is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
Emotional support.
I have recently found out that I may have one of two cancers, the biopsy on Monday will confirm what type then they say they want to start the chemotherapy. I dont know how to deal with it, all I can think about is my hair falling out, or having to depend on other people, i have coursework to give in this monday and cannot do it, i have exams in January but i cannot study, its not that im afraid to die but its that Im afraid of becoming ill, of being bald, honestly thismight sound so vain but ive cried a few times when looking at my hair in the mirror, if anybodys been through anything similar i would really appreciate some advice and words of comfort, or maybe some reality, i dont know, just anything would be nice.

"I have nothing to be proud of today but hopefully tomorrow I will."
 34yrs • F •
Yeah I have a tumor that may be one of teh two cancers.
Okay, about a month ago i had a car accident, in which they accidently came across a lump of tissue in my chest, im not great with the human anatomy so i dont exactly understand where it is, except that its near my heart. What was it, lobulated homogenous mass of tissue, right anterior, i dont have the printout of where it is exactly with me at the moment.
last month it was 80mm by 48mm by 62mm, i dont know the size of it now.
They also found high levels of white blood cells in my blood,, they did 4 different scans, 5 blood tests and told me that they think its lymphoma, and that they want the biopsy done so that they can start chemo. Okay that freaked me out. And then yesterday my doctor told me it could also be thymoma, until next week I dont know for 100% what it is, what type and what they are going to do, my life has come to a standstil almost literally, i cannot do anything except mope around and think about it. And no I cannot feel it, my chest has started recently feeling tight, but that could be from smoking, so i dont know if it is cancerous, but my doctors seem to think so, and they know better than me, thats why im so worried.

61yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that Tracer165 is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
I don't know if this is helpful but flax, as in flax seed or flax meal, is a very powerful in fighting brest cancer, if that is what you're battling against.
I for one is against chemo. It kills the bodies immune system which is the only thing that can cure you. Please Please check out this sight before you make your decision. drday.com Trust me, you'll be glad you did.

34yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that CrypticTruth is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
If children have the ability to ignore all odds and percentages, then maybe we can all learn from them. When you think about it, what other choice is there but to hope? We have two options, medically and emotionally: give up, or fight like hell.

""Man is least himself when he talks in his own person. Give him a mask, and he will tell you the truth" -oscar wilde"
 34yrs • F •
I was diagnosed finally with Hodgkins Lymphoma, its a type of blood cancer, just a few days ago, the reason I havent been around for awhile, ive been a bit distracted,

i feel like i cant motivate myself to do anything, im really scared about the treatment,

has anybody been through anything like this, or knows anybody whos been through it?

40yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that Wyote is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
While I have not been through chemotherapy, I have known people who have been through it and I have also been through a great deal of physical pain myself.

I cannot emphasize enough the importance of a positive attitude when tackling those types of things. Not to delude yourself in any way, but to give yourself an edge in overcoming any obstacles along the way.

You are young and the odds are in your favor.

"A loving heart is the beginning of all knowledge. - Thomas Carlyle"
Emotional support.
About Captain Cynic
Common FAQ's
Captain Cynic Guides
Contact Us
Terms of Use
Privacy Policy
General Forum Rules
Cynic Trust Levels
Administrative Contact Forum
Registration
Lost Password
General Discussion
Philosophy Forums
Psychology Forums
Health Forums
Quote Submissions
Promotions & Links
 Captain Cynic on Facebook
 Captain Cynic on Twitter
 Captain Cynic RSS Feed
 Daily Tasker
Copyright © 2011 Captain Cynic All Rights Reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy