Stories & Poetry Forum
Art Forum
Movie/TV Reviews
Jokes & Games
Photos, Videos & Music Forum

Thoughts on Perception,

User Thread
 36yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that DumbKid is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
Thoughts on Perception,
going through one of those spells where you start getting new understandings really fast.

i relate the feeling of a new understanding the feeling like a teenager, but i dont think thats where it belongs. it kinda goes with that saying, you get old because you stop playing, you dont stop playing because you get old.

I understand more fully now that people's visions of reality are very much unuiqe, in that their perspectives are all differently, because of everyones different envviroment. genetics also play a part in interpretation, as does past experiences, but that kinda goes along with enviroment.

Some things are felt soley because they are interpretations of perceived reality, and that reality should always be in question. The reason there should be constant question is because perception, as hard as we try, will never be 100 percent non-bias, we are human after all.

Some feelings, are very much unuiqe, because they are largely simple understands sought through perception, seen through perspective.

All we are is a reference of the things we have experienced.

That's why we like communication so much as a species. It's validation of existence, through natural reference.

Is it natural? The english language would have us assume it is, what with the word hermit in it and all.

It seems natural, because so many people do it, but, that is not enough "evidence" for it to be true..

And this is a struggle we can not win. We can only refer to ourselves, and percive through our own understanding of what the world actually is.

36yrs • M
A CTL of 1 means that ChrisD is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
There's a lot of power in perception I think; a lot more than most people give it credit.

That cliche'd story of huckleberry finn comes to mind, where he gets some kids to paint a fence for him because he made them think it was fun. Hell, if you think something's fun then it is, isn't it?

Sometimes I can change my perception of mundane things to make them more entertaining. A task like washing the dishes can become a challenge of speed and dexterity.. turn it into a game.

The hard part is maintaining the perception you want. I haven't been able to do that yet. I haven't really tried all that hard to be honest. I should try to apply it more to things I don't like and see how it goes. I'm going to do that actually. I'll let you guys know how it goes.

"The truth will set you on fire"
 43yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that nyrlathotep is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
Developing a healthy perspective is some times natural in people and in most people it takes much discipline and thoughtfull discrimination between that wich we want and that which we need. desire seems to be

"i have nothing original to say."
 43yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that nyrlathotep is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
one of the biggest things holding us back from that pure extatic state of appreciating the moment.

"i have nothing original to say."
 42yrs • F •
A CTL of 1 means that pupa ria is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
But wouldn't perceptive unanimity kill the magic of it all? there will be no element of surprise in people and things, we would be having a static experience of the world. Difference is our wealth but as you said we do need to communicate this difference to withstand indifference*.
The cognitive patterns of perception are universal, we also do share a common emotional ground ( love, hate, fear, the sad and happy etc.)The motor of perception is emotion.Sharing is what counts (paint, write, talk, read, sing it) and also getting to the bottom of each perceptual phenomenon. treating it like one of these childhood toys (chewing it, breaking it, and all the innocent montruosities).

"I'm the mirror that will make you invisible"
Thoughts on Perception,
About Captain Cynic
Common FAQ's
Captain Cynic Guides
Contact Us
Terms of Use
Privacy Policy
General Forum Rules
Cynic Trust Levels
Administrative Contact Forum
Registration
Lost Password
General Discussion
Philosophy Forums
Psychology Forums
Health Forums
Quote Submissions
Promotions & Links
 Captain Cynic on Facebook
 Captain Cynic on Twitter
 Captain Cynic RSS Feed
 Daily Tasker
Copyright © 2011 Captain Cynic All Rights Reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy