Man will never be free until the last king is strangled with the entrails of the last priest. - Dennis Diedrot
Captain Cynic Guides
Administrative Contact
Talk Talk
Philosophy Forum
Religion Forum
Psychology Forum
Science & Technology Forum
Politics & Current Events Forum
Health & Wellness Forum
Sexuality & Intimacy Forum
Product Reviews
Stories & Poetry Forum
Art Forum
Movie/TV Reviews
Jokes & Games
Photos, Videos & Music Forum

Greed is a disease

User Thread
 40yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that allimar is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
Greed is a disease
I have come to the conclusion that greed is a disease that we should look to cure. Or at least identify it as such.
Any thoughts?

"The more you learn, the less you know."
 39yrs • M •
Lachrymologist is new to Captain Cynic and has less than 15 posts. New members have certain restrictions and must fill in CAPTCHAs to use various parts of the site.
I don't think calling it a disease would be a very accurate description, as a disease is physical. Greed is more along the lines of a mental distortion caused partially by materialism and undoubtedly amplified by the competition of capitalism and the credit conglomerate. Of course, greed can manifest itself in a variety of manners. Mostly, greed is an effect of an underlying problem that creates a "need" to satisfy particular cravings, whatever they may be. Greed's biggest opponent is love, and when I say love I don't mean intimate love, I mean love for self and the common human, for who and what they are, not for what they possess or don't possess.

"There is no love in fear..."
 31yrs • F
A CTL of 1 means that dirtxbaggg is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
Greed is an epidemic. (v_O)

36yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that Jacker_Jones is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
Greed is the result of giving into desire over reason. Always giving into desire will leave one morally empty and thus unsatisfied in life because there is a limitation of satisfaction consumption can bring and that overconsumption will often also lead to unhappiness. Some evidence of this would include the ever increasing rate of depression amongst western civilization who's main philosophy is materialism and individualism. Greed in and of itself is not a disease but can lead to disease including obesity and depression.

"I love to see people struggling for their purpose in life..."
Greed is a disease
About Captain Cynic
Common FAQ's
Captain Cynic Guides
Contact Us
Terms of Use
Privacy Policy
General Forum Rules
Cynic Trust Levels
Administrative Contact Forum
Registration
Lost Password
General Discussion
Philosophy Forums
Psychology Forums
Health Forums
Quote Submissions
Promotions & Links
 Captain Cynic on Facebook
 Captain Cynic on Twitter
 Captain Cynic RSS Feed
 Daily Tasker
Copyright © 2011 Captain Cynic All Rights Reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy