when i feel lost i remind myself that i live in an ignorant place. i'm supposed to be lost... - spankster501
Captain Cynic Guides
Administrative Contact
Talk Talk
Philosophy Forum
Religion Forum
Psychology Forum
Science & Technology Forum
Politics & Current Events Forum
Health & Wellness Forum
Sexuality & Intimacy Forum
Product Reviews
Stories & Poetry Forum
Art Forum
Movie/TV Reviews
Jokes & Games
Photos, Videos & Music Forum

Thank you Republicans

User Thread
 40yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that allimar is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
Thank you Republicans
Thanks Republicans

Thank you for neglecting the U.S. infrastructure so you and your pals can line your wallets.
Thank you for constantly proving how dumb and ignorant we can be to reality.
Thank you for forcing our soldiers into battle with the wrong equipment and pushing for corrupt privatization and war profiteering, I believe thats illegal by the way.
Thank you for showing the world that the American Republican party founds ideas and notions from beliefs and greed. Not facts.
Thank you for trying to get rid of a science advisor, and proving how stupid you are pushing intelligent design in our educational system.
Thank you for your stupidity and selling Americans that Desert Storm will be quick and we will be heroes for it. When my 12th grade World Problems teacher accurately predicted what would really happen. A long battle that would shift and parallel the Revolutionary war in 1775.
Thank you Bush, on that note, for going to war in Iraq, just like that 12th grade teacher said you would when you were elected in 2000.
Thank you, for the countless scandals and unbelievably getting away with nearly every one of them.
Thank you for proving how our military leaders didn't have the guts, and has grown soft for not kicking your dumb ass out and trying you as a war criminal, and restoring our government at all.
Thank you for setting up my fellow Soldiers, Sailors, Airmen and Marines for failure. Countless times due to your negligence and lack of leadership or intelligence our men and women died due to equipment failure.
Thank you Bush, for doing something right and congratulating Governor Arnold Schwarzenegger for earning more then you ever will. Maybe if you would have talked too him more, California wouldn't be one of the few states in the U.S. That is still doing alright for its self.
Thank you for proving how pro greed and right wing FOX News really is. The only news that can blatantly lie to its viewers with no problem. charges or lasting issues.
Thank you Bush, for proving one man can indeed destroy a country with out declaring war on it. Your administration has done more damage to this country then any terrorist to date with your ridiculous policies and drive for personal greed.

You have lead our people into a government of fear, poverty and waste. You could have fixed the mistakes Clinton made and started a pro fit program for Americans. You could have properly governed the country in time of war. You could have unified the world from 9/11.

And you, even for a second, dare to try and call homosexuals, liberals, poverty stricken people of this land, Anti-American.

Correct me. Please prove me wrong.

"The more you learn, the less you know."
 46yrs • M
A CTL of 1 means that Ironwood is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
He won't be proving you wrong, but he will be having to share thanks with all the gutless democrats and general masses of the public for their complicity, apathy, and ignorance, for he never could have achieved his goals, and that is what all of this was, a planned coup, without all the rest of us too.

And if you or anyone else runs to the democrats to save you, then you have actually helped him succeed further, as well as helping the over all agenda not only succeed through those stages, but you would actually ensure its continuation in its new left wing flavored form.

So a pre-emptive thanks goes out to Obama and all his mindless supporters who lapped up worthless lies of another bought and paid for career politician, which I had hoped he wasn't either, but, se la vi, all while speaking down to Bush and republicans but avoiding all substanitive action of actual change, further cementing our doom.

And thanks again because we now have another Clinton administration which is interchangeable with the Bushes at this point.

Old George H. W. Clinton and William Jefferson Bush will be so pleased on their family vacations.

quote:
Thank you for proving how our military leaders didn't have the guts, and has grown soft for not kicking your dumb ass out and trying you as a war criminal

Thats not their job, its ours, and more specifically its that of the DEMOCRATIC majority led houses of congress and senate, and now White House. The people who had the majority then, and now only have a bigger one.

And why don't they want to prosecute Bush on war crimes? Because they are equally guilty.

"The Greatest Enemy of Knowledge is Not Ignorance, It is the ILLUSION of Knowledge. Stephen Hawking"
[  Edited by Ironwood at   ]
 36yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that DumbKid is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
Hey cryptic, off the top of your head, do you know how a bill is made, or how inflation works, or what a central bank is, or what presidential power actually entitles? Like, seriously off the top of your head, with out looking anything up.

34yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that CrypticTruth is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
for dumbkid/Necra/?:

A bill is introduced then taken to committee read and voted on. Then goes to the house, discuses it vote on it, then to senate discuss and vote. A really abridged summary. As for inflation it is when the price of good goes up do to increase in the supply of money or vice versa. It also is used to talking about the price of money. A central bank maintains the supply of money and the stability of that currency. Executive power is pretty self explanatory but if you want I will explain our system of checks and balances too.

God feels like I am back in honors government. Peace

""Man is least himself when he talks in his own person. Give him a mask, and he will tell you the truth" -oscar wilde"
 36yrs • M •
Please explain self explanatory executive power, aswell as checks and balances.

34yrs • M •
Executive branch is the president, commander in chief, the president appoints his cabinet, and can veto bills send the nation in to war.

Checks and balances is a system that makes sure that no branch holds more power than the other. So executive, judicial, and legislative branches all have a set system i.e. voting, over turning a veto, making sure laws are constitutional

""Man is least himself when he talks in his own person. Give him a mask, and he will tell you the truth" -oscar wilde"
 36yrs • M •
Could you please tell me, logically, how the executive branch is solely responsible for the bad things that happened during the bush administration.

And, though I know that what im asking now is a lot of work, but logically place bush, and the republicans for blame for all of the bad things that allimar spoke of in his post.

Like this, reason A is truly the republicans fault because B happend and they didnt do C. Like that, but try to use facts and not opinions and social things.

This is not a fight, I really wanna read your response to see how you think, what you feel, and I want you to provide me with more information on said topics than I currently have, and if I have contradicting evidence, or find so, then we will argue. But for now, I really am just listening.

34yrs • M •
I think you should be talking to allimar rather than me, but when I find time I try to form a response as well. Peace

40yrs • M •
DumbKid,
Your handle, grammar and questions to me raises red flags. But here is a generalization of why I stated my opinion in this thread.
In short....
I have a tendency of explaining too much and not getting to the point, so here is the nutshell.
Bush should never have been in office. He is a fighter pilot at heart and I bear great sympathy for him in my understanding.
American Republicans are not true republicans. Every republican I have met has shared similar perspective and traits I consider greedy and dishonest and act like lawyers, they take what they can and believe they somehow earned it; or they are brainwashed/ Religious. They are also anti establishment (Anti Government) pro war and corrupt. They successfully shifted wealth from the middle class to the upper class as well as increasing the class gap from upper to middle.
However it seems that some of this is needed, this was taken to a new level during this administration.

Ball is on the court for grabs.

If you really want to read my thoughts...
Bush never should have been in office.
He is flat out incapable of leading a company, much less a nation. His record of employment record prior to entitlement of President was pitiful. Turning every company he touched into lead. His fighter pilot mentality of only dealing with situations 10 seconds in the future and never looking back is not a good commanding trait.
However, I do not see him as incapable or his mindset was to destroy his country. He is simply the wrong man for the Job. The people I want to be governing should be both intelligent and wise. As well as able to plan, direct, and achieve high quality output. Bush should have cleaned himself up and stayed a pilot. If he wasn't a coward maybe he would have made rank and achieved something in his life.

Republicans need to know that, 'With great power, comes great responsibility.'
I believe the American Republican to be Anti Establishment/ American, pro greed and morally twisted. Over the past 8 years we have seen the extreme mentality of the American Republican.
How?
They work toward a smaller government, less taxes and spending, less control. A smaller less capable government means that those who have wealth in the area are responsible for what they can control. And because Republicans see no obligation to give back to the people who worked and allowed those individuals financial success, they invest in the stock market. Basically keeping money from the working class. And because they see no need to help others, schools, roads and other projects that need funding simply don't. Also rather then paying employees more money for personal success, they don't
The goal of the Economic system the Bush administration tried to implement was to promote personal wealth and minimize government spending, but increase personal spending on your community.

However...

Republicans see those who have less money as inferior. And work to extort money from others as much as they believe they deserve, which really has no cap because they think they should be king. All wealth acquired is believed to be deserved, and soly theirs.

A true Republican would ensured the money flowed into his community, donate to help the needy and be involved because they have the power. These are rare individuals.

Over the past 8 years governing officials has sought to ensure the military has either inadequate funds or obscure limitations to spending said funds. The primary goal is to give the armed forces a bad reputation by failing and promoting contractors. This privatization allows for the promoting of personal armies and war profiteering. Don't ask about this because I'm not allowed to go into detail.

What I have to say to every republican out their? You can not do it alone. Governments were made to achieve great things as a people. Why in the world would you not work to make your body of people more powerful, honest and capable?

Governments moved armies, provide aid, mass research, flew into space, one landed on the moon. Few people make inventions and change the world. Governments shape the people and allow for greater achievments.

33yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that zachf is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
Well stated allimar.

"Whether we wake or we sleep, Whether we carol or weep, The Sun with his Planets in chime, Marketh the going of Time. -Edward Fitzgerald"
 46yrs • M
Allimar, if you pass off criminal intent and indeed action as missmanagement then you are either an unwitting or very aware accomplice.

A corrupt system will produce corrupt republicans and democrats and any one else who plays by corrupt rules.

The only people who do well in or truly benefit from a corrupt system are the most corrupt people.

Your focus on republicans, when you clearly state

quote:
American Republicans are not true republicans

is concerning especially due to the fact that you have been questioned on your position in regards to the one sided nature of your post when attributing government action as a whole to one party.

Which you have entirely ignored.

If not addressed you may lead some to believe you wish to create a false argument perpetuating the problems you speak of rather than truly addressing them.

quote:
DumbKid, Your handle, grammar and questions to me raises red flags

What kind of red flags would those be sir? Curiosity gets me.

quote:
The primary goal is to give the armed forces a bad reputation by failing and promoting contractors. This privatization allows for the promoting of personal armies and war profiteering. Don't ask about this because I'm not allowed to go into detail.

And why not exactly? You will find some here familiar with and interested in the subject matter and anything you may have to share on it.

"The Greatest Enemy of Knowledge is Not Ignorance, It is the ILLUSION of Knowledge. Stephen Hawking"
 36yrs • M •
Well, I can say that you have adequetly put your thoughts and feeling down in pixilated form, but I can not congratulate you on your debating skills.

I'm not saying that Bush the man was for the job, and I'm not saying that SOME republicans aren't greedy. But if you re-read your post, it is FILLED with emotion, opinion, and doesnt have a single statistic that places republicans in legal or moral blame. It implicatse them. Because an implication is nothing more than pointing a finger. Your finger just happens to be emotional. In your next response, try to do as I said to cryptic. Give me reason, an example and a failed solution.

It is my belief that if you can not do that, that you do not KNOW what you are talking about. It doesnt mean that you arent right, it just means that you arent really getting you reasoning skills from information, but more from emotion.

If you wish to inform or sway me in this conversation, you will have to leave emottion at the door, and come at me with facts. I like facts. Facts are solid. Facts can change people.

Now, becuase I feel that your response has nothing of REAL value in it, its kinda hard to respond to, but I found a few thing.

OH! And if you wouldnt mind responding to me in this format, I think it helps conversations flow.

"Republicans see those who have less money as inferior. And work to extort money from others as much as they believe they deserve, which really has no cap because they think they should be king. All wealth acquired is believed to be deserved, and soly theirs."

See, this is one of those emotional things you said that hold no merrit. And I'll show you why something like this doesnt work in an argument. Its because its an opinion. Its not that opinions are totally worthless, they arent... I mean, your entitled to it. What makes it bad arguing material is this.

You say, republicans are greedy. The ones that you've met are ass holes/ brainwashed.

I say, not true. The republicans I have met are very generous and do not take part in the religous aspect of being a conservative.

See the problem, you cant really win that discussion. It would just go back and forth forever and nothing would get done. Thats why a lot of conversations on this forum go no where. If youre going to argue with me, please dont use "bad" arguments like that. Its counterproductive.

I wrote that up this morning and inteded on going back to it but didnt get to it and I'm not motivated to finish but I didnt want to waste it so... there it is....

My point is, you havent swayed me at all and it is in no way my fault. You just arent doing your job. Like Leftwood said, it seems as if you are avoiding the real answer I am asking for.

Here, read this when you ge tthe time. It will help you understand what I mean when I say a bad argument.

http://www.captaincynic.com/thread/54394/information-distortion-techniqu
es.htm

40yrs • M •
Ironwood,
you have called me out on some very good points.
The one sided nature of this is driven by my frustration toward the past 8 years. In other areas on this forum site we have discussed answer's to these issues. However, I constantly see Fox and online Right Wing forums the shier determination to say that Bush and the past 8 years was not at fault, as well as stating that Clinton and Obama is to blame.

The reason why I cant say is because I serve in the Armed Forces and I can only state my opinion with what I have had to deal with. I CAN state however that our armed forces are 20% undermanned and underfunded. As well as poorly equipped in many cases. This is public information.

DumbKid,
I debate differently. I dont agree with how arguments are carried out in regards to most political matters.
I stated in the beginning of this thread to prove me wrong in my to the point statements. Rather then what you call debating them and coming up with facts figures of your own or even debating them your objective is to attack the persons character.
I sated that post you are attacking is my thoughts. The sum of conclusions from my knowledge and experience.
I asked to be proven wrong in regards to what has gone on in the past 8 years.The only information I can find that's pro republican or Bush is attack adds and attack information. And because Democrats tend to play defense far too much in my opinion I am going on the offensive.

Political policies are all over this forum site and I doubt I could bring anything new to the table.

36yrs • M •
You are an idiot.

46yrs • M
Hey Allimar, you ever heard of Gen. Smedley Darlington Butler?

I understand your frustration with Fox, but tell me, do you follow other news broadcasts that you feel in alignment with?

CNN, MSNBC, etc? Perhaps something web based? Where do you get your general information these days?

If you don't mind me asking.

Thank you Republicans
  1    2  
About Captain Cynic
Common FAQ's
Captain Cynic Guides
Contact Us
Terms of Use
Privacy Policy
General Forum Rules
Cynic Trust Levels
Administrative Contact Forum
Registration
Lost Password
General Discussion
Philosophy Forums
Psychology Forums
Health Forums
Quote Submissions
Promotions & Links
 Captain Cynic on Facebook
 Captain Cynic on Twitter
 Captain Cynic RSS Feed
 Daily Tasker
Copyright © 2011 Captain Cynic All Rights Reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy