Stories & Poetry Forum
Art Forum
Movie/TV Reviews
Jokes & Games
Photos, Videos & Music Forum

what is the truth?

User Thread
 34yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that CrypticTruth is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
what is the truth?
Does it simply depend on the point of view you take?

""Man is least himself when he talks in his own person. Give him a mask, and he will tell you the truth" -oscar wilde"
 51yrs • F •
A CTL of 1 means that Sorceress is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
What is the truth? The truth about what specifically? Truth is a fact about something that is accepted as true apposed to false. So I suppose it depends on what belief system you are basing it on and look at what the opposite is in comparison.

""Each child holds the world in an open hand to mould it into any shape they choose.""
 34yrs • M •
so by your definition there is no one truth because it is based on the individual's point of view and belief system.

""Man is least himself when he talks in his own person. Give him a mask, and he will tell you the truth" -oscar wilde"
 72yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that cturtle is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
What a question?
quote:
Forums: discover, dispute acquiesce truth

Hmm . . . this topic seems familiar yet here are only 3 comments listed by two individuals?
quote:
Truth is a fact about something that is accepted as true apposed to false.
A generalization then 'the truth is something that gives a logical sequence or order (understanding) to random events?' Yet at least in one religious belief (if not all) system states that it (God) defines the truth? On the other hand, science based on observation & quantitative analysis to define the truth?
quote:
there is no one truth because it is based on the individual's point of view or belief system.

Yes indeed,' what is the truth' but the acceptance of evaluations that lead (lend) to an organized conception. One plus one equals two., but then that depends on the the nature (relative nature) of the objects being defined?
Round & around we go . . . where (when) will we stop, nobody knows?. . . futile, I wouldn't claim so, someone may find some merit?

"Terrorist or tyrant, few may come to the Truth that both are poor choice."
 43yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that Squarepants is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
Get rid of all the language mumbo jumbo and focus on the here and now, this is the only truth.

"I hungry"
 34yrs • M •
"The acceptance of evaluations that lead (lend) to an organized conception. One plus one equals two., but then that depends on the nature (relative nature) of the objects being defined?"

So 1+1=2 but say we don't use base ten Euclidean mathematics our answer changes. So is this you're (relative nature) of the objects being defined.

This discussion has prompted another thought what is an honest answer?

72yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that cturtle is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
Ah, you mean like in another forum (business) I was seeking a better understanding of marketing aspects. I had browsed a thread until I came to a response which I found helpful . . . I indicated my acceptance (agreement) of the points given by stated I had found the answer I needed then added or else I found the answer I wanted to hear?

"Terrorist or tyrant, few may come to the Truth that both are poor choice."
 34yrs • M •
I
quote:
indicated my acceptance (agreement) of the points given by stated I had found the answer I needed then added or else I found the answer I wanted to hear?

you sought out an answer you found an answer that fit the context (being helpful) so because it worked for you it was honest. So again is a honest answer in the eye of the beholder as is the truth in the eye of the beholder.

[  Edited by CrypticTruth at   ]
 35yrs • M •
arod6041 is new to Captain Cynic and has less than 15 posts. New members have certain restrictions and must fill in CAPTCHAs to use various parts of the site.
Depending on the question being asked...the truth to a certain thing could be a false accusation in another...its logic

"I wrote a letter just to better my soul if i dont express it then forever i hold inside"
 36yrs • M
A CTL of 1 means that ChrisD is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
I bet you that no matter what the accepted premises are the truth will mold to fit them.

There's truth in lies and lies in truth.

"The truth will set you on fire"
 36yrs • F •
passion4poetry is new to Captain Cynic and has less than 15 posts. New members have certain restrictions and must fill in CAPTCHAs to use various parts of the site.
there is no truth only facts and opinions and trying to find truth in an opinion is like trying to find a niddle in a hey stack I guess the only way to truly find truth is to find it with in your self your own vaules belifes and opinions and when you do be true to your self because no one can really tell you what the truth is they can only give you their version of it

"Never underestimate the power of words"
 40yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that Wyote is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
"Truth" is first and foremost, the most widely agreed upon consensus in any matter. Secondarily, it is the most probable ideology of the dominant group.

Kind of ass backwards if you ask me, but I think it is this way so that hierarchies can be formed and so we can cope with rapid changes.

"A loving heart is the beginning of all knowledge. - Thomas Carlyle"
 34yrs • M •

Wyote I agree with you truth is the ideology that is most widely agreed upon and that is dominate. There was an experiment that was conducted to prove just this point wyote. The experiment consisted of taking subjects (individuals ranging in age) and asking them to observe pictures of lines and asked which one is longer. In the case of the individual alone in the room they answered correctly almost 100 percent of the time, but when the subject was with a group of people and the rest of the group was involved with the experiment they all answered incorrectly the subject answered incorrectly, but the answer was obvious but still they answered incorrectly .

34yrs • M •
Is truth in the eye of the beholder?

35yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that Necrachilles is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
Truth is what it is, truth. It's almost an opinion of sorts. The truth can be fact and/or fiction. But the truth, if it is the truth, can never be wrong.

"Inside my shell I wait and bleed..."
what is the truth?
About Captain Cynic
Common FAQ's
Captain Cynic Guides
Contact Us
Terms of Use
Privacy Policy
General Forum Rules
Cynic Trust Levels
Administrative Contact Forum
Registration
Lost Password
General Discussion
Philosophy Forums
Psychology Forums
Health Forums
Quote Submissions
Promotions & Links
 Captain Cynic on Facebook
 Captain Cynic on Twitter
 Captain Cynic RSS Feed
 Daily Tasker
Copyright © 2011 Captain Cynic All Rights Reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy