Stories & Poetry Forum
Art Forum
Movie/TV Reviews
Jokes & Games
Photos, Videos & Music Forum

White squiggly flashes

User Thread
 36yrs • M
A CTL of 1 means that ChrisD is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
White squiggly flashes
When I look at a white screen on the computer (like the Google homepage) I can see, if I focus on them, white squiggly flashes that look like micro-organisms or something. They move pretty quickly and they go in all directions. Sometimes it helps if I look at the screen like I'd look at one of those 3D pictures.

These are not the same as blood cells running past your eyes because I can see them also (not on white computer screens though) and these are not the same. I think I've also seen these bright squiggly flashes when I look at the sky on most days. I'll check tomorrow to confirm it.

I'm confident these are not figments of my imagination because they're too random and I didn't try to see them, rather they kept bugging me out of the corner of my eye when I would read on web pages with white backgrounds.

Does anyone know if there's a scientific explanation for this?

"The truth will set you on fire"
 46yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that doom123 is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
im sorry im not able to give you scientific evidence, but i can confirm ur sanity. i have seen these things too. i see them more in the sky though. but mostly on overcast days. might it have something to do with the color white when its bright?

"if life has no point whats the point in talking about it?"
 31yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that Oblivion is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
i see them too. i usually only see them on a clousless day when i look into the sky.i have seen them for many years.i just always assumed they were dust particles.the look as though they are floating to me.

"If You Aint Ammo, You Aint Shit."
 33yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that zachf is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
when i see them they kind of look like my eye lids when i rub my eyes really hard in the morning, i just always assumed it was the some thing.

"Whether we wake or we sleep, Whether we carol or weep, The Sun with his Planets in chime, Marketh the going of Time. -Edward Fitzgerald"
 51yrs • F •
A CTL of 1 means that Sorceress is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
Do you know, since i was a teenager i had the same thought. I was sitting in a science class one day looking out the window (as you do in science) and I started seeing them. I notice them more if I look at a window with the sunlight coming through. I asked my science teacher about them and said they reminded me of fast moving gas particles and he looked at me as if I was some dumb twit and said he didn't know what I was talking about and should be concentrating on the class topic not staring out the window day dreaming!

""Each child holds the world in an open hand to mould it into any shape they choose.""
 31yrs • M •
BullSoft is new to Captain Cynic and has less than 15 posts. New members have certain restrictions and must fill in CAPTCHAs to use various parts of the site.
Maybe Google "floaters".

If this is what you are thinking of.

"www.Bullfrog.110mb.com"
 31yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that Oblivion is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
it looks like Floaters are what we are talking about

"textureless and evenly lit sky forms an ideal background against which to view them"

thats how i can see them

"If You Aint Ammo, You Aint Shit."
 51yrs • F •
A CTL of 1 means that Sorceress is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
No I just googled floaters and that is deffinately not what I am talking about! I don't know about the others, these are more like an almost insubstantial phenomena that move about the whole space you are observing (just like magnified gas particles.)

""Each child holds the world in an open hand to mould it into any shape they choose.""
White squiggly flashes
About Captain Cynic
Common FAQ's
Captain Cynic Guides
Contact Us
Terms of Use
Privacy Policy
General Forum Rules
Cynic Trust Levels
Administrative Contact Forum
Registration
Lost Password
General Discussion
Philosophy Forums
Psychology Forums
Health Forums
Quote Submissions
Promotions & Links
 Captain Cynic on Facebook
 Captain Cynic on Twitter
 Captain Cynic RSS Feed
 Daily Tasker
Copyright © 2011 Captain Cynic All Rights Reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy