If we are all part of god, and god is in all of us, then why am I not in you? - dragonwing4d
Captain Cynic Guides
Administrative Contact
Talk Talk
Philosophy Forum
Religion Forum
Psychology Forum
Science & Technology Forum
Politics & Current Events Forum
Health & Wellness Forum
Sexuality & Intimacy Forum
Product Reviews
Stories & Poetry Forum
Art Forum
Movie/TV Reviews
Jokes & Games
Photos, Videos & Music Forum

Falun Gong Persecution

User Thread
 40yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that Wyote is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
Falun Gong Persecution
For Qigong practitioners this may be somewhat old news, but for many this is just now being exposed due to all the attention on China during the Olympics.

If you think conditions in China are "better" these days, you must watch this and research Falun Gong / Falun Dafa. Specifically organ harvesting of Falun Dafa practitioners.
This video appears to have been removed

"A loving heart is the beginning of all knowledge. - Thomas Carlyle"
 40yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that Wyote is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
Organ Harvesting Exposed

"A loving heart is the beginning of all knowledge. - Thomas Carlyle"
 36yrs • M
A CTL of 1 means that ChrisD is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
jesus christ...

"The truth will set you on fire"
 33yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that zachf is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
To be honest this looks a lot like pre-WWII Germany. Really really kind of scary.

"Whether we wake or we sleep, Whether we carol or weep, The Sun with his Planets in chime, Marketh the going of Time. -Edward Fitzgerald"
 32yrs • F •
A CTL of 1 means that Arcanum is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
Conditions in China have been improving. At a slow rate, but the government is making an effort nonetheless. Ugly sore cases like Falun Gong is inevitable because much of the population lacks the education to figure what is right. Some are just obsessed with money.

I was born in Hong Kong and have lived in Beijing for a couple of years. On the whole, the country is in a state fit enough to run. Just the scrutiny accumulated over decades continues and we cannot expect China to change overnight. Such changes require time.

The Chinese have not established the habit of looking into ethics. Much of this is tied to corruption and a lack of education. The country is too big to be put under full control of the central government, and it is forced to leave provinces under the watch of smaller, local governments which tend to have a habit of hiding truths from the central government. This is why China is so messed up. And such things are allowed to happen. But I really do believe that these cases are illegal. (corruption goes along way)

I hope they do put such issues to an end though.

But from what limited knowledge I have, the Falun gong group is not entirely innocent either. They meddle in politics and try to impose on policies that do not benefit China, for some unknown reason.

So I urge you guys, give China a chance. These videos merely take the worst and amplify it. There are better things in China.

"Some men are wise. Others are otherwise."
 64yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that okcitykid is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
I've heard the term Falun Gong but I didn't know what it was. My bravenet blog had become pretty popular and someone had sent me about a hundred pages of information about the organ trade in China. How they were taking organs from prisoners and selling them.

I held onto it for awhile, wanting to make sure it was legit and I just couldn't find the time to research all the information that was sent to me, so I decided, well this is China, I won't be able to verify this information, so I posted a portion of it on my blog and then posted a link to the information that was sent to me. Just a little bit after I posted it, NPR News did a report on it, that was weird.

http://peacefulvet.info/politics/bloodyharvest.html

"A fool says I know and a wise man says I wonder."
Falun Gong Persecution
About Captain Cynic
Common FAQ's
Captain Cynic Guides
Contact Us
Terms of Use
Privacy Policy
General Forum Rules
Cynic Trust Levels
Administrative Contact Forum
Registration
Lost Password
General Discussion
Philosophy Forums
Psychology Forums
Health Forums
Quote Submissions
Promotions & Links
 Captain Cynic on Facebook
 Captain Cynic on Twitter
 Captain Cynic RSS Feed
 Daily Tasker
Copyright © 2011 Captain Cynic All Rights Reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy