The problem with the designated driver program - it's not a desirable job. But if you ever get sucked into doing it, have fun with it. At the end of the night, drop them off at the wrong house - Ana Rpo
Captain Cynic Guides
Administrative Contact
Talk Talk
Philosophy Forum
Religion Forum
Psychology Forum
Science & Technology Forum
Politics & Current Events Forum
Health & Wellness Forum
Sexuality & Intimacy Forum
Product Reviews
Stories & Poetry Forum
Art Forum
Movie/TV Reviews
Jokes & Games
Photos, Videos & Music Forum

Release

User Thread
 33yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that zachf is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
Release
Ok i just watched a video from dercius's artical section about tappinng (http://www.captaincynic.com/article/587/emotional-freedom-technique-eft.
htm)

I tried this technique with frustration i feel on the tennis court that i feel after i miss shots and IT WORKED!!! i think this will really help my game

My question on this post is i have a feeling that people learn to this naturally and much less suffiently. Because the same suppresion of emotion is the same feeling i get when I am happy like my body doesn't feel right being happy.

I'm tired on feeling at home when i'm down and i would like to feel at home while i'm happy again.

I was wondering if people had suggestions as to how one would go about releasing these surpressed emotions so one could allow them to surface again. please and thank you

"Whether we wake or we sleep, Whether we carol or weep, The Sun with his Planets in chime, Marketh the going of Time. -Edward Fitzgerald"
 40yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that Wyote is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
I'm not entirely sure I'm understanding you correctly. Do you want to be able to feel positive emotions without a sense of guilt? If so, I think you can figure that out with a bit of research. If that is what you are experiencing, it may take some time to change things.

"A loving heart is the beginning of all knowledge. - Thomas Carlyle"
 33yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that zachf is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
I"m not sure wyote, i don't think its guilt err i wake up every morning and feel sad because i feel at home with that feeling. I've felt like this for a couple years like when i'm not pushing myself to smile and be happy i'm not. I feel like there is a negitive feeling attached with being happy and i'm not sure if this is due to the way my relationships with somthing has turned me or if its growing up.

But i'm kind of sick of being tired and sad. I guess a depresion but i've tried medine (perscibed) and it only helps temporaly till i stop taking it and i don't like the feeling on it cause i know its fake. I guess i'm asking people who know what i'm talking about have any advice on how to find out whats holding me back from feeling good about being happy. (or maybe it is guiltt i'm open to trying anything) but i read a couple articals on perental guilt n stuff and it didn't strike me at all as what i might be having problems with. Just want to know how to deal with sadness correctly.

"Whether we wake or we sleep, Whether we carol or weep, The Sun with his Planets in chime, Marketh the going of Time. -Edward Fitzgerald"
 40yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that Wyote is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
Well, I don't know anything about your medical history, but it sounds to me like you have purposefully been prescribed medication due to some type of chemical imbalance. Obviously when you take away the medication, the brain will become imbalanced again. You probably just need to come to terms with this.

If you are tired and sad, you most likely suffer from clinical depression. This is a chemical imbalance which needs continuous treatment. And that's perfectly OK. People take medication for lots of things.

But again, I'm no doctor and if you haven't already(it sounds like you have though) you should discuss things extensively with a doctor.

I hesitate to say that you may in fact need this type of drug however, since the psychiatry field seems a bit unreliable at the moment and very quick to prescribe drugs. Make sure some extensive testing is done on yourself before arriving at an appropriate conclusion between you and your doctor.

Speaking from personal experience, I had a very easy time getting my hands on some drugs... didn't end up taking any but the psychiatrist was more than willing to get me on them after a few hours of complaining about how life sucks.

"A loving heart is the beginning of all knowledge. - Thomas Carlyle"
Release
About Captain Cynic
Common FAQ's
Captain Cynic Guides
Contact Us
Terms of Use
Privacy Policy
General Forum Rules
Cynic Trust Levels
Administrative Contact Forum
Registration
Lost Password
General Discussion
Philosophy Forums
Psychology Forums
Health Forums
Quote Submissions
Promotions & Links
 Captain Cynic on Facebook
 Captain Cynic on Twitter
 Captain Cynic RSS Feed
 Daily Tasker
Copyright © 2011 Captain Cynic All Rights Reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy