Stories & Poetry Forum
Art Forum
Movie/TV Reviews
Jokes & Games
Photos, Videos & Music Forum

The difference between men and women.

User Thread
 42yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that Chained Wings is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
I would like to understand men and women better in regards to being of a different sex.

The physical, biological, mental, emotional differences that are hardwired into us. The things that will make a women feel different to a man on the exact same issue, purely because she is female, and not because of her opinions or upbringing.

An example would be: a doctor recently told me that testosterone is what gives you your libido. And because men have about 40 times more than women, men (in general) want sex more often.

"When I was a child I flew! Then as an adult- I watched others soar."
 40yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that allimar is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
Got something to add,
Research has found that women have more brain matter devoted to the language area then men do. This would make sense considering women seem on average supirior then male counterparts in this area.

"The more you learn, the less you know."
 39yrs • M •
Lachrymologist is new to Captain Cynic and has less than 15 posts. New members have certain restrictions and must fill in CAPTCHAs to use various parts of the site.
On this topic, I find great solace in Carl Jung's analytical psychology theories, I think he had some excellent ways of interpreting the differences between men and women. You can find a slew of information on the subject on Wikipedia just by typing in his name.
Although I did recently read an article that stated we as men and women are not created equally, there are indeed two types of human brain(s), unfortunately I can't remember the specifics of the article....
In our own vanity, we as a race often forget that we are highly uneducated when it comes to ourselves...

"There is no love in fear..."
 34yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that BethewateR is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
just to make this post interesting:

"the same emotions in man and women are, however, different in tempo: therefore man and woman never cease to misunderstand one another"- Nietzsche

"all you know is all you know"
 33yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that New_Commer is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
Allimar, Im afraid thats a dum opinion. The actaull brain size actually has nothing to do with inteligence. If you post proof i will believe you but im pretty sure i know otherwise else i would not have said what i said.

I actually think the differences are purley physical but society plays a huge role in female and male development. For instance, weight is a bigger issue for women then men. However its harder for them to loose weight. Coincidence?

""Faith in something or Faith in nothing. Either way its still faith." Roy Romano"
About Captain Cynic
Common FAQ's
Captain Cynic Guides
Contact Us
Terms of Use
Privacy Policy
General Forum Rules
Cynic Trust Levels
Administrative Contact Forum
Registration
Lost Password
General Discussion
Philosophy Forums
Psychology Forums
Health Forums
Quote Submissions
Promotions & Links
 Captain Cynic on Facebook
 Captain Cynic on Twitter
 Captain Cynic RSS Feed
 Daily Tasker
Copyright © 2011 Captain Cynic All Rights Reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy