Stories & Poetry Forum
Art Forum
Movie/TV Reviews
Jokes & Games
Photos, Videos & Music Forum

paying for college

User Thread
 34yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that CrypticTruth is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
paying for college
So I am graduating this year and the thought of going to college is really scaring me. It's not actually going to college but, rather more the cost of college. I have been really stressed lately trying to find ways to pay for college. I was just wondering what others have done to pay their way through college? I am lost right now anything would be appreciated.

""Man is least himself when he talks in his own person. Give him a mask, and he will tell you the truth" -oscar wilde"
 35yrs • M
A CTL of 1 means that awakendwraith is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
Get as many scholarships and grants as you can. If that not enough get a stuent loan. If you have parents with reasonable credit that shouldnt be too hard, if you dont, you may need to ask someone for help with that. Check schools that have financial aid programs at the school itsself. My girlfriend got a 16 thousand dollar scholarship at the school shes going to just for going right out of high school. After that she got a 5 thousand dollar one issued by the state and she got a 40000 thousand dollar student loan. Tuition isnt that much, but she got the money just in case. Most loans allow you take out 4 loans with them. My gf took out one 10000 dollar one so far, but sheel need four more. As well, some loans have certian loop holes in them. For instance, my best friends loan says tht if he teaches for 2 years out of college they will pay the loan back for him.

Loans are easy to get and have low interest and you usually dont have to start paying till you graduate. So get a loan and dont get a useless degree.

"Why cry for those that often cry? Instead, help them smile, and smile for those that smile."
 34yrs • M •
thanks for replying. yeah i been doing all that for a while and have been looking in to student loans too. I filed my fafsa report( which is a joke ) and got jack shit on that so i'm kinda pissed about that, but ill keep trying. I pretty much fed up with this entire system.

""Man is least himself when he talks in his own person. Give him a mask, and he will tell you the truth" -oscar wilde"
 35yrs • F •
Lion_Heart89 is new to Captain Cynic and has less than 15 posts. New members have certain restrictions and must fill in CAPTCHAs to use various parts of the site.
I'm paying my own way into college, and i filled out my fasfa, and got 4 loans right off the back 2 i have to pay back and 2 i don't, my last loan is comeing from salema which you can find on-line, just ask around for finacel aid , some of my friends went to compenys for money for going to college in that they would go to work there dearing and/or after graduation. Just ask around, and when you pick a college ask them for finacial aid, my college has people in the office that work here just for that perpuse they help you fillout the paperwork and keep you updated. so good-luck.

"the more you try the more you learn right and wrong"
 34yrs • F •
A CTL of 1 means that littlelady89 is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
i have the same problem as u. paying for college. my brother is doing that right now, and he's in the two year nursing program, which i heard is pretty stressful. he works full time to pay for his college, but sometimes that's not possible. i'm trying to figure out how i'm going to go to college with a kid.

"free country my ass."
 34yrs • M •
i cant even image your situation. i have found that i have been saving random money cutting back on stuff ie eatting out shoopping and i have saved aobut 100 a month. plus i still live with my family and they pay for a lot, but littlelasy89 i hope you can find way cause i feel education is one of the most important thing a person can do for one self.

paying for college
About Captain Cynic
Common FAQ's
Captain Cynic Guides
Contact Us
Terms of Use
Privacy Policy
General Forum Rules
Cynic Trust Levels
Administrative Contact Forum
Registration
Lost Password
General Discussion
Philosophy Forums
Psychology Forums
Health Forums
Quote Submissions
Promotions & Links
 Captain Cynic on Facebook
 Captain Cynic on Twitter
 Captain Cynic RSS Feed
 Daily Tasker
Copyright © 2011 Captain Cynic All Rights Reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy