You must empty your mind, be formless, shapeless, like water (Bruce Lee) - Ambition
Captain Cynic Guides
Administrative Contact
Talk Talk
Philosophy Forum
Religion Forum
Psychology Forum
Science & Technology Forum
Politics & Current Events Forum
Health & Wellness Forum
Sexuality & Intimacy Forum
Product Reviews
Stories & Poetry Forum
Art Forum
Movie/TV Reviews
Jokes & Games
Photos, Videos & Music Forum

uplifting adventures

User Thread
 34yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that MugenNoKarayami is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
uplifting adventures
I know this may be touchy to some, but I have been wondering...

have you ever experimented with hallucinogenic drugs- and experienced something uplifting that seemed to of changed your way of life?

What happened?

Does that feeling still affect your daily life now?

I had the privilege to experience mushrooms (psilocybe cubensis) in the middle of a forest on an amazing summer night near a friend's cottage. I had never tried these before so this was something completely new to me. It started with me and a couple other friends sitting around a camp fire waiting for the onset. Random chatter soon became meaningful sound waves and no longer understood as "words" - I had forgotten all together what a word was. At that time I had realized I was sitting on bare soil that was comforting me more than any person at the time has.

I was sure that I was coming to a peak when I looked around me at all the trees and saw all the leaves take different forms and designs, resembling a lot like an Aztec design. I went over to one of the trees and reached out to touch it like I've never seen a tree before. And as soon as I did, I felt this rush of emotion come over me. It felt as if I was holding light in my hand. From there I felt this kind of welcoming and cradling feeling from the tree so I climbed up the branches to see what it was and when I sat down in between these two branches I immediately felt and became convinced that I was being held by the most caring and loving mother figure I could possibly imagine. I felt like a little kid again and was listening to everything 'she' had to say.

I was probably up in that tree for a good hour or two, but 'she' said to me that my friends were looking for me, and when I did start to hear them I gently climbed down from the tree and felt like I was being parted from all that love. (it's kinda crazy how that happened because I had no idea they were looking for me, but they came out of now where after I was told that)

After they had found me, I felt like they were all part of my family, and hugged all of them. I almost starting crying because It felt like I had been told everything so clearly.

The rest of the night was pretty much relaxing and taking everything in around the campfire until we had no more wood left and went back to the cottage and I fell asleep in the most comfortable bed in the universe.

Unlike my other friends who had a hard time piecing reality back together, I felt more like I was at 110%, full of energy and excitement and when I watched the sun rise the next morning I actually did cry, because it looked so beautiful over the lake's horizon.

And even to this day, I absolutely love being outside and everything on this planet.

"I'm a human being, God Dammit!! My life has value!!!"
 34yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that MugenNoKarayami is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
no ones got any? :'(

34yrs • F •
A CTL of 1 means that littlelady89 is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
my sister tried shrooms before and saw huge ants crawling all over her, but your story is way better. i don't think there is anything wrong with shrooms. they are a completely natural drug, like marijuana. i've never tried them, but i've never had the oppurtunity.

"free country my ass."
 34yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that CrypticTruth is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
i have never tryed any hallucinogenic drugs infact i dont really do drugs but i have nothing against them.. I was talking with a friend about his exsperience while on shrooms and he told me a story about how he took shrooms early in the morning and tripped till he had to go to school which probley was fucked up, but we were in art and he was desctibing how peoples lips looked like worms and it was freaking him out. I just thought this was a pretty funny experience.

""Man is least himself when he talks in his own person. Give him a mask, and he will tell you the truth" -oscar wilde"
 36yrs • M
A CTL of 1 means that ChrisD is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
I hope one day to trip outside on a summer night around a campfire. It really sounds great.

I've had good trips and bad trips. I tripped this past weekend with a friend on mushrooms and it was really great. We watched Planet Earth on a high definition tv and had the song "bear melt" by jefferson airplane on loop for hours.

I had many revelations while I was on them but I forgot them almost completely a few hours after the come down. I saw a deeper reality. I remember thinking that adjusting mindsets (not tripping itself but finding revelations while tripping) is a very dangerous undertaking and would be much safer if led by a shaman.

I experienced some synchronicity while tripping. I remember my friend saying "that's the second time you said exactly what's on my mind."

Curiously I found deeper meaning and understanding in things that were not human, like animals and nature, as if they had something to show me (when we were watching planet earth.) My friend who I was tripping with was sometimes just being a typical human and I guess not "there" and it was taking away from the beauty and epicness of everything else.

I came to the conclusion while intoxicated that everything is, when perceived clearly, epic.

"The truth will set you on fire"
 34yrs • M •
quote:
I experienced some synchronicity while tripping.

I once was convinced that reality was all just one big fractal. But that wasn't on shrooms.

I really really think that each of the chemicals inside these different drugs have just a little different perspective of reality, but ultimately make things much clearer in some sense.

One of my dreams now is to one day attend an opera while on shrooms. I've imagined it to be one of the most beautiful experiences in my life.

Also, like you mentioned, I would like to be properly guided by a shaman. - Can't find to many here in Michigan

36yrs • M
A CTL of 1 means that ChrisD is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
I remember my friend was putting on all different kinds of music and I found that music that doesn't resolve often is incredibly irritating!! It really got to me. I'm not sure exactly what kind of music it was but I know that if someone played jazz and particularly jazz improv I'd probably pull out my hair.

"The truth will set you on fire"
 34yrs • M •
The only thing I can't stand listening to are instruments that have strings on them... I'm so into the detail of the instrument that I actually fully experience the scratching of the bow and what not.

Piano just sounds god-like. Or the harp, since there's no 'scratching the strings.

69yrs • F •
A CTL of 1 means that willowwater is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
I've tried most drugs, and I've found that they all give you different perspectives on life, and I think they've all changed my way of thinking. But one day, I took some mexican shrooms, and I felt like I knew everything, from why we're here, to where exactly in the universe I was. The only thing was, that when I woke up the next morning, I could hardly remember anything about my "trip". The only thing that I can vaguely remember, is seeing the universe as a sort of map grid- and that everything on the map having a letter/number coordinate. That feeling of ultimate knowledge and total peace has changed my life, I am now alot more open minded, and I think alot more about things other than life

37yrs • F •
A CTL of 1 means that pumpkinlove is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
ive never done any drugs before besides smoke weed. im actually scared of them. im scared ill lose control.. or never find my way back to myself or something. reading these posts makes me more intrigued with them though, haha. i know mushrooms arent habit forming.. but im just so scared to be that out of touch and loss of control with my thinking and actions. i havent even smoked in a long time but everytime i do, it is for thesake of writing or painting.

anyway... the only thing ive ever gotten from smoking and drinking is the feeling of being closer to people around me even though we may not even b connecting at the time, the drugs make me believe so.

""if you can\'t handle me at my worst, then you don\'t deserve me at my best.\""
uplifting adventures
About Captain Cynic
Common FAQ's
Captain Cynic Guides
Contact Us
Terms of Use
Privacy Policy
General Forum Rules
Cynic Trust Levels
Administrative Contact Forum
Registration
Lost Password
General Discussion
Philosophy Forums
Psychology Forums
Health Forums
Quote Submissions
Promotions & Links
 Captain Cynic on Facebook
 Captain Cynic on Twitter
 Captain Cynic RSS Feed
 Daily Tasker
Copyright © 2011 Captain Cynic All Rights Reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy