Stories & Poetry Forum
Art Forum
Movie/TV Reviews
Jokes & Games
Photos, Videos & Music Forum

love

User Thread
 34yrs • F •
A CTL of 1 means that littlelady89 is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
love
the feeling of Love is very confusing to me. i don't know if it's because i'm only 18 and still have the rest of my life to figure it out, or if it's just one of those things you'll never understand? why is it that u can hate one person over the littlest thing, but when the person u love does something horrible u still love them? which do u think is a more powerful emotion love or hate?

"free country my ass."
 35yrs • F •
Lion_Heart89 is new to Captain Cynic and has less than 15 posts. New members have certain restrictions and must fill in CAPTCHAs to use various parts of the site.
It's kinda the same when a person is with someone and hey realize the person is wrong, but the family likes them, they have nowhere else to go and all that it's kinda like their stuck..in a way..or the 'dickmatized" where the guy beats them and they what something done but when people try to help they go right back to the person and defend them....it's a thing with not wanting to be alone....but still a mistory...

"the more you try the more you learn right and wrong"
 34yrs • F •
A CTL of 1 means that her is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
worse thing is when you confuse everything with love, when its simply not. Quite amusing.

"I have nothing to be proud of today but hopefully tomorrow I will."
 45yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that Restless Mind is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
I believe that Love and Hate have the same power so to speak. I knwo that would do anything for love and hate equally.

At 18 I am not really sure I knew what Lov ewas...I knew exactly what hate was but love took alot longer.

Decius' example is a good one. Another example is if you put someone else's needs/wants above yourself with no regards to whether they would do the same for you.

42yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that Jimbobby is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
I'm tackling this from the other point of view from Decius (it isn't contradictory but complementary) but the end result is for love to be mutual. But there is a certain way I mean this. They say a picture paints a thousand words - well a video paints millions.

To empath - ize this point watch the scene from romancing the stone when Jack Colton changes his move when he goes to kiss the girl.

Google video jack colton dancing if you want to see this in action.

"Only gay people have quotes to look good"
 34yrs • F •
i use to think u could only have unconditional love for your children, but that could sometimes go for the father/mother of your children too or even anyone. at first i felt stupid for still loving him, but now i realize that trying to hide it would be even more stupid. but love isn't always something to celebrate. love/hate relationships. no matter how many of them i get myself into i can't understand them.

"free country my ass."
 35yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that fireangel is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
All I can think of that would be related is how after one of my relationships end I have a hard time forgetting the person and letting them go.

Something I've realized is that I'm not in love with who they are anymore, because through the experience they've changed, likewise through the stupid act, the person you know has changed as well.

II think what you have to realize is that who you love, and who you see now are two different people. Easy to get them confused because they were once the same person.

I don't think you'll be able to get rid of this "love" until you realize that who you love quite possibly isn't there anymore.

In the case of unconditional love, that isn't the case. Unconditional ultimately means that despite how the person changes, or what they do, you can forgive them, or you can adapt to who they've become in a sense.

I can't say that I agree with decius when he says

quote:
you only know it is love when you don't fear not loving them if they do something horrible.

cause how can you say you love someone if you'll sacrifice that love so willing simply because they did something stupid? that just doesn't seem right to me.

40yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that Wyote is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
I think you missed the point. That statement has to do with the fear of not loving them. When you love someone completely, you have no fear of that love going away. Maybe it will, maybe it wont. Either way you know that you will be fine and you do not have the fear of the loss of love. Love is infinite, but always changing.

"A loving heart is the beginning of all knowledge. - Thomas Carlyle"
 35yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that fireangel is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
OH, okay, yea i misunderstood what was being said. that makes more sense

34yrs • M •
ggentry237 is new to Captain Cynic and has less than 15 posts. New members have certain restrictions and must fill in CAPTCHAs to use various parts of the site.
There is no such thang as love, it is an illusion put in front of us 2 try and take r mind of how pethetic and misserable life is.

"if ur not busy being born ur busy dieing."
 34yrs • F •
if u don't think their is any such thing as love than u obviously have never felt it for anyone. in my opinion love is the most real thing there is.

"free country my ass."
 33yrs • M •
Dobbo2k8 is new to Captain Cynic and has less than 15 posts. New members have certain restrictions and must fill in CAPTCHAs to use various parts of the site.
wat decius said is exactly what i feel for somebody but what confuses my life is that fact that they dont love me anymore im suffering terribly and have commited self harm and many times fort about suicide im 18 in a few month and im put thru too much already she did the worst thing to me but i forgive her and then we broke up from an arguement we saw each other and now we dont cos im too over protective about her still i cant move on simply enough shes my life

35yrs • F •
Lion_Heart89 is new to Captain Cynic and has less than 15 posts. New members have certain restrictions and must fill in CAPTCHAs to use various parts of the site.
seeing as your 17 going on 18 you haven't even reached your life, hun never let anyone control your life, if she's not careing then find ome good friends either on-line or in school and relax hang out and live your life. beating yourself up over a girl isn't going to help you at all, think about yourself hun think about your future. i know it hurts.. ok i've been in your place with one of my ex's it hurt like hell but i got friends and chilled for a few years then looked for someone new and now i'm so happy. just give it time.....

"the more you try the more you learn right and wrong"
 34yrs • F •
love isn't worth dying for if it's not even returned. u have the rest of your life to find someone else, and i guess i do to. it's getting over it that is the tough part. i tried dating someone else and he treated me like a queen, but i still didn't love him. i'm still in love with someone who literally tried to take my life. i still write him letters and talk to him on the phone and he's in jail for a very long time because of what he did to me. i still can't get over him.

"free country my ass."
 36yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that Jacker_Jones is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
I believe love is just an emotion no matter how strong it is. I have thought that I was in love to find out it was just really good sex. Other times I have felt attached to people and thought that was love to find out that they did not feel the same way. Other times I have thought I was in love with someone and they did not like me in fact they despised me. Sometimes people thought they were in love with me and I clearly knew I was not in love with them. Sometimes people thought they were in love with me and I thought I was in love with them but over time we both thought that we were not in love.

I think there is no love, it is mere attraction or hormones. However, I do believe there is friendship and I think this is probably they key factor to a successful relationship. However, somehow you have to integrate sex into this. This I do not know how to do.

"I love to see people struggling for their purpose in life..."
love
About Captain Cynic
Common FAQ's
Captain Cynic Guides
Contact Us
Terms of Use
Privacy Policy
General Forum Rules
Cynic Trust Levels
Administrative Contact Forum
Registration
Lost Password
General Discussion
Philosophy Forums
Psychology Forums
Health Forums
Quote Submissions
Promotions & Links
 Captain Cynic on Facebook
 Captain Cynic on Twitter
 Captain Cynic RSS Feed
 Daily Tasker
Copyright © 2011 Captain Cynic All Rights Reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy