They say that these are not the best of times but they're the only times I've ever known - countalucard
Captain Cynic Guides
Administrative Contact
Talk Talk
Philosophy Forum
Religion Forum
Psychology Forum
Science & Technology Forum
Politics & Current Events Forum
Health & Wellness Forum
Sexuality & Intimacy Forum
Product Reviews
Stories & Poetry Forum
Art Forum
Movie/TV Reviews
Jokes & Games
Photos, Videos & Music Forum

I act like an idiot around the girl I like

User Thread
 31yrs • M •
Combin is new to Captain Cynic and has less than 15 posts. New members have certain restrictions and must fill in CAPTCHAs to use various parts of the site.
So I sit behind this girl I like in one of my classes. I try to be confident and talk to her, but when I do, I just say something really dumb or they don't make sense... I said something to her today as we were leaving class and she said, "Why do you always point out things that don't even matter?" (I couldn't tell if she was joking or annoyed)

So I don't know what this means... I act really awkwardly wround her and can't seem to strike up a good conversation. I was thought I was doing all right with her up until this week.

I don't know if I irratate her or what, I guess I'll ask her tomorrow. Kind of an odd question to ask but I don't know what else to do.

If anyone can give me any tips on talking to her it would be greatly appreciated!

40yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that Wyote is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
If you are faking confidence, she'll probably see right through that. Just be genuine and slightly crude.

"A loving heart is the beginning of all knowledge. - Thomas Carlyle"
 31yrs • M •
Combin is new to Captain Cynic and has less than 15 posts. New members have certain restrictions and must fill in CAPTCHAs to use various parts of the site.
Thanks for the reply, much appreciated.

It's not that I'm faking confidence, it's just that I'm nervous and can't find anything to say to her and then I say something dumb. I'm also pretty sure she knows I like her (my friends aren't very discreet about it) so that kind of makes me a little more nervous.

I asked her if she found me at all annoying, and she said said no . I told her why I asked (because of all the dumb things I say) and she laughed and said, "Yeah, that can get a little annoying... Ha ha." So she is apparently not totally repulsed by me.

Again, thanks for replying. It feels really good just getting this out.

EDIT- Oh yeah, during the last period of the day one of her friends looked over at me kind of smiling... What does this mean?

31yrs • M •
Aww... Man, I forgot about this thread...

Anyway, does anyone have advice on talking to her? I still say some dumb things but... I dunno, I really need help. I can't think of anything to say to her... I'm so boring... And when I go over something to say in my head... It sounds so awkward...

34yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that CrypticTruth is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
well if you want to stike up a converstaion try to find something she is intested in and talk about that. Maybe you will even find sometyhing you have in common with her and that will even make a better connection and she maybe will show more intrest in you too. Also try being funny that always works if you see her laugh thats a good thing. so sometimes you can use some of that akwardness too your advantage to make her laugh. so pretty much all you have to do is not to talk to much but pay attention to her and keep up with the conversation but most of all be your self.

""Man is least himself when he talks in his own person. Give him a mask, and he will tell you the truth" -oscar wilde"
 36yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that Jacker_Jones is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
If she knows you like her and she still is not talking back or saying rude comments to you, such as you always state the obvious chances are she is not interested in you. My advice is to make her jealous. The way you do this is by hitting on her best friend right in front of her. Ideally you want her best friend to be uglier than she is. If she is still not interested in you after that you need to give up. You have no chance.

"I love to see people struggling for their purpose in life..."
About Captain Cynic
Common FAQ's
Captain Cynic Guides
Contact Us
Terms of Use
Privacy Policy
General Forum Rules
Cynic Trust Levels
Administrative Contact Forum
Registration
Lost Password
General Discussion
Philosophy Forums
Psychology Forums
Health Forums
Quote Submissions
Promotions & Links
 Captain Cynic on Facebook
 Captain Cynic on Twitter
 Captain Cynic RSS Feed
 Daily Tasker
Copyright © 2011 Captain Cynic All Rights Reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy