Stories & Poetry Forum
Art Forum
Movie/TV Reviews
Jokes & Games
Photos, Videos & Music Forum

When is it OK to say "I Love You"?

User Thread
 31yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that Oblivion is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
when is it ok to say "i love you" in a relationship?is there like a 2 week rule or something lke that?lol.do you have to know that thats the way you feel?i dont want to tell her,and have her not feel the same way,and have her feel obligated to say it back.i dont want any pressure or weirdness.i know i love her,but we have only been dating for a day.should i wait till our relationship picks up a little?

"If You Aint Ammo, You Aint Shit."
 35yrs • M
A CTL of 1 means that awakendwraith is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
Hi there Mr. Abyss! Well, I have always gone about it like this. If i didnty know if i loved her or not id say, I think I love you." If i thought I just really wanted her at that point in time id say, "I really want you right now." And I'd always follow it with I hope that didnt sound weird.

Look, tell her that your having confusing feelings and you really enjoy the time you have spent together. Your not sure, but you think thers a chance it could be love. And tell her that if she doesnt feel the same way its ok, you dont expect her to.

If thats how you actually feel. THats just generally how I felt most the time.

"Why cry for those that often cry? Instead, help them smile, and smile for those that smile."
 31yrs • M •
thanks man.anyone else?

oh,and i forgot to mention i have known her for about a year and a half.i figured that could change an opinion under the circumstances.

40yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that Wyote is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
Instead of just saying you love her, try to explain exactly what it is that you feel.

"A loving heart is the beginning of all knowledge. - Thomas Carlyle"
 31yrs • M •
well,i told her.i was so nervous.i actually took awakened's advice.i said "i think i love you".and she said it back.and i know she meant it.thanks for yalls help.alot.

51yrs • F •
A CTL of 1 means that Sorceress is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
When is it not ok to say "I Love you"?

""Each child holds the world in an open hand to mould it into any shape they choose.""
 32yrs • F
A CTL of 1 means that xloobyloox is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
Wow i think if I were told "I think I love You" i would be more worried in why you only thought in and didn't feel it.

There is no time limit on when you have to tell her you love her. If you force it then you don't mean it and you should never say something because you feel you have to. You should say something because you want to. So whenever you feel that your love for her is that strong that you want to tell her how much you love her then say it.

IF she says it to you and you don't feel ready to say it back then tell her. Explain to her that there is no point in forcing you to say it because you won't mean it.

Idk. Just a suggestion

"Why kill the bumblebee when your the pain in the ass?"
 34yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that CrypticTruth is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
you should say when you mean dont rush it make sure you are actually in love and its not just a moment of passion that will not last. here is how i said it to my girlfriend for the first time was i would always say peace and love when i had to leave. SO i slow just sliped alway the peace after a couple of months when i felt it was right and said " i love you" and she said it back and we are still togeter today and i can say she really is my soul mate

""Man is least himself when he talks in his own person. Give him a mask, and he will tell you the truth" -oscar wilde"
 36yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that Jacker_Jones is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
The right time to tell a girl you love her is never. If you tell a girl you love her she is going to think you are a pussy. Girls do not like pussies. The only time and I mean the only time you tell a girl you love her is if she says, "Do you love me?" and you reply, "Of course I love you" even if at this point you are thinking about breaking up with her.

"I love to see people struggling for their purpose in life..."
 34yrs • F •
A CTL of 1 means that littlelady89 is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
wow. u don't know anything about girls do u? saying i love u to someone doesn't make u a pussy, but saying it when u don't mean it makes u an asshole.

"free country my ass."
 36yrs • M •
What your saying does not make sense. If a girl asked you, "Do you love me?" and you told her the truth, which was no, she would be pissed. If you lied then the bound between you would double. How does that make you an asshole if the bond between you doubles by what you did? Especially if you are lying about something as ridiculous as love.

35yrs • M
Why is love ridiculous? And it would make you an ass hole because you are LYING. Liers generally are ass holes. What makes her feel good is not that you said the words but that you meant. IF you lied and she believed you that would be instilling false hope, much like a preacher to a church. How does that not make you an ass hole?

"Why cry for those that often cry? Instead, help them smile, and smile for those that smile."
 36yrs • M •
I do not want to get into this argument but I believe love is an emotion. I believe love is not real but is hormones acting in the body.

Ok if a girl likes you, but you do not like her immediately you are an asshole no matter what you do. If you refuse to go out with her and people tell you that she likes you, you are an asshole. So, naturally you go out with her because you do not want to be an asshole and you think it might be fun. If you break up with her because you do not love her you are an asshole. Then after going out with each other for a while she asks you, "Do you love me?" If you say no, you are once again an asshole but if you say yes you are redeemed of being an asshole. So, naturally you say yes and when she finds out that you just said yes because you did not want to be an asshole you are an asshole. In other words no matter what you do if a girl is attracted to you and you are not attracted to her you are an asshole.

I think this goes both ways though. If a guy likes a girl and the girl does not like the guy she is often considered a bitch.

34yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that CrypticTruth is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
quote:
If you have to think about whether you love someone or not then the answer is no. When you love someone you just know.

""Man is least himself when he talks in his own person. Give him a mask, and he will tell you the truth" -oscar wilde"
 35yrs • M
"Ok if a girl likes you, but you do not like her immediately you are an asshole no matter what you do. If you refuse to go out with her and people tell you that she likes you, you are an asshole."

But thats wrong. You are not an asshole for being honest.

1    2  
About Captain Cynic
Common FAQ's
Captain Cynic Guides
Contact Us
Terms of Use
Privacy Policy
General Forum Rules
Cynic Trust Levels
Administrative Contact Forum
Registration
Lost Password
General Discussion
Philosophy Forums
Psychology Forums
Health Forums
Quote Submissions
Promotions & Links
 Captain Cynic on Facebook
 Captain Cynic on Twitter
 Captain Cynic RSS Feed
 Daily Tasker
Copyright © 2011 Captain Cynic All Rights Reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy