The only thing worse than dying is living in these stagnant times. - Sadistichunger
Captain Cynic Guides
Administrative Contact
Talk Talk
Philosophy Forum
Religion Forum
Psychology Forum
Science & Technology Forum
Politics & Current Events Forum
Health & Wellness Forum
Sexuality & Intimacy Forum
Product Reviews
Stories & Poetry Forum
Art Forum
Movie/TV Reviews
Jokes & Games
Photos, Videos & Music Forum

dealing?

User Thread
 41yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that Fairy Boy is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
dealing?
Does anyone else have problems dealing with simple emotional or psychological situations because you deconstruct every single little thing to understand the true meaning behind it.

Example go from girlfriend to friend then back into a relationship, now you know that things cant just go back to the way it was most for most people that happens to be a fleeting thought, but I cant stop analysing every single thing that happens now, which kind of takes the pleasure from the relationship

Or am I crazy?

""Veritatem quaere et insaniam inveni""
 40yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that Wyote is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
What you need to do is become more effective at discovering the real and absolute truth behind the issue at hand. It's easy to waste a lot of time hypothesizing what could be or what might have been, which is basically irrelevant. If you spend your time simply discovering what is - in the present - you will find yourself much happier and much more knowledgeable in all things past, present and future.

Why would you trouble yourself with what has already happened? It cannot be changed. Why would you trouble yourself with what might be? You will never know.

"A loving heart is the beginning of all knowledge. - Thomas Carlyle"
 44yrs • M •
The Philosopher is new to Captain Cynic and has less than 15 posts. New members have certain restrictions and must fill in CAPTCHAs to use various parts of the site.
Depression, anxiety, and regret come partly from focusing on why things happen. Instead of focusing on the why, focus on the how. How can you do things differently so that you don't have the same problems now that you had in the past.

"I don\'t know why I am here, but I am, so I might as well make the most of it."
dealing?
About Captain Cynic
Common FAQ's
Captain Cynic Guides
Contact Us
Terms of Use
Privacy Policy
General Forum Rules
Cynic Trust Levels
Administrative Contact Forum
Registration
Lost Password
General Discussion
Philosophy Forums
Psychology Forums
Health Forums
Quote Submissions
Promotions & Links
 Captain Cynic on Facebook
 Captain Cynic on Twitter
 Captain Cynic RSS Feed
 Daily Tasker
Copyright © 2011 Captain Cynic All Rights Reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy