Doing a good deed is like wetting your pants... Everyone can see it but only you can feel the warmth. - sweetpea3295
Captain Cynic Guides
Administrative Contact
Talk Talk
Philosophy Forum
Religion Forum
Psychology Forum
Science & Technology Forum
Politics & Current Events Forum
Health & Wellness Forum
Sexuality & Intimacy Forum
Product Reviews
Stories & Poetry Forum
Art Forum
Movie/TV Reviews
Jokes & Games
Photos, Videos & Music Forum

Gambling

User Thread
 34yrs • F •
A CTL of 1 means that her is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
Gambling
Fifty years old, been gambling for most of his life, any body got any ideas how to stop it. Any body been through it, and recovered. I say it like it is such an easy thing, thirty odd years of pain crambed in a sentance.

"I have nothing to be proud of today but hopefully tomorrow I will."
 36yrs • M
A CTL of 1 means that ChrisD is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
You use the word "recovered" as if gambling is a disease. It is not a disease and as long as your friend or relative thinks it's a disease, the more he's gonna feel helpless to fix his bad habits and/or lack of discipline. Gambling isn't cancer. It can be controlled. Believe it or not, millions (possibly even billions) of people manage to fight the urge to gamble away all of their assets on a game of cards or dice every single day.

If the person you know realizes this already and still continues to fall prey to his "disease" then he is hopeless and nothing in the world will be able to save him.

"The truth will set you on fire"
 45yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that Restless Mind is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
I agree with Decius 100% here, if the person does not try to control their own life. Or does have the want to control their life that is there decision. Anything that is not physically determined I have no sympathy for. It is all in the head and can be controlled by the individual. They keep doing it over and over.....let them.

34yrs • F •
Stupid gambling meetings keep telling him that some people will never recover because of hormonal inbalance. He always explains it a mental kind of illness. Weve explained all these things but.. does not work.

34yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that MugenNoKarayami is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
stubbornness like this, to me, can only be treated in one way - for sure...

let the man hit rock bottom. let him see for his self what gambling has done to him. idk why it should take something so serious for some people to learn. But they never understand what they really had until it's all gone. After he has hit bottom and realized the problem for himself, he can start from the very bottom and attempt to work his way back up with a very hard learned lesson that he will never want to put himself and/or others close to him through that again.

"I'm a human being, God Dammit!! My life has value!!!"
 34yrs • F •
I think, no i know he has hit rock bottom a couple of times, i mean we've talked to him, and explained things, had huge fights over this, he just cant seem to give it up.

Gambling
About Captain Cynic
Common FAQ's
Captain Cynic Guides
Contact Us
Terms of Use
Privacy Policy
General Forum Rules
Cynic Trust Levels
Administrative Contact Forum
Registration
Lost Password
General Discussion
Philosophy Forums
Psychology Forums
Health Forums
Quote Submissions
Promotions & Links
 Captain Cynic on Facebook
 Captain Cynic on Twitter
 Captain Cynic RSS Feed
 Daily Tasker
Copyright © 2011 Captain Cynic All Rights Reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy