For things you have missed, you have gained something else; and for things you gain, you lose something - Summit
Captain Cynic Guides
Administrative Contact
Talk Talk
Philosophy Forum
Religion Forum
Psychology Forum
Science & Technology Forum
Politics & Current Events Forum
Health & Wellness Forum
Sexuality & Intimacy Forum
Product Reviews
Stories & Poetry Forum
Art Forum
Movie/TV Reviews
Jokes & Games
Photos, Videos & Music Forum

i love him...i think

User Thread
 34yrs • F •
systematicchaos is new to Captain Cynic and has less than 15 posts. New members have certain restrictions and must fill in CAPTCHAs to use various parts of the site.
i love him...i think
k so my bf and i have been dating on and off for the past year, all together its about 6 months together. now this is our third time dating and well i just cant stand him anymore. the first time we dated was great, second time not so great, this time just blows. most of the time he just makes me really mad, but i think i love him. i have been thinking about breaking up with him again for the last time because he is gettin a little controling. it bothers me. i really dont know what to do..my friends tell me to dump him and hes tellin me to dump them. im so confused, and could really use some help on what people think i should do....

40yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that Wyote is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
Dump him.

"A loving heart is the beginning of all knowledge. - Thomas Carlyle"
 51yrs • F •
A CTL of 1 means that Sorceress is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
Absolutely, you don't need that crap, you don't need to be controlled you need to be loved unconditionally without fear or constraint. Be free of him, find someone who will treat you with respect.

""Each child holds the world in an open hand to mould it into any shape they choose.""
 36yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that Jacker_Jones is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
My advice may seem a little crazy but sometimes being crazy in a crazy situation works out.

It is assumed that the reason you don't just leave him is because you think you might love him. Therefore you need to test him and test yourself to see if you really do love each other. So my advice is to cheat on him. It's possible that these feelings might go away with a new mate or they might not. But if you just break up with him then you won't really know weather to stay or to go. If he finds out about it just tell him the truth, tell him he's controlling and this relationship sucks. He might get mad in which case he probably really cares about you. In this case let him cool down for a few days and then approach him and apolagize if you still love him. He might just be like its over in which case he probably doesn't love you. It'd be harsh but at least it would be the truth. P.S. i wouldn't do this if your boyfriend is the abusive type

"I love to see people struggling for their purpose in life..."
 31yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that ScorcherTheMe is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
Systemmaticchaos..... you have the exact same problem as one of my very close friends (who does not have a membership on Captain Cynic).

The easy, yet hard thing to do would be to dump him, but if you still love him, what I would say is to get inside his head a little. What I mean by this, is try to find other ways to ask the obvious love questions. If he really loves you, then this will obviously not be easy, but my opinion is..... he doesn't love you one bit if he's controlling.

When you can, find a new boyfriend as quickly as possible, and when you do, shut the previous relationship out of your life... if you can.

"You are what you say you are."
 34yrs • F •
optimist is new to Captain Cynic and has less than 15 posts. New members have certain restrictions and must fill in CAPTCHAs to use various parts of the site.
love is never a question...you cant doubt yourself..there is a reason why you have been on/off.....the feelings you have are the hoping that he will change and the fear of letting go
you need to dump him guys who are controlling olny get worse

"life is to short to have regrets"
 36yrs • F •
hhhhhhh is new to Captain Cynic and has less than 15 posts. New members have certain restrictions and must fill in CAPTCHAs to use various parts of the site.
o.k. dont dump him just say i dont really like our relationship......and if you dont get less contoling i think it should end.....give him 1 more chance

"ggggggg"
i love him...i think
About Captain Cynic
Common FAQ's
Captain Cynic Guides
Contact Us
Terms of Use
Privacy Policy
General Forum Rules
Cynic Trust Levels
Administrative Contact Forum
Registration
Lost Password
General Discussion
Philosophy Forums
Psychology Forums
Health Forums
Quote Submissions
Promotions & Links
 Captain Cynic on Facebook
 Captain Cynic on Twitter
 Captain Cynic RSS Feed
 Daily Tasker
Copyright © 2011 Captain Cynic All Rights Reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy