No object is so beautiful that, under certain conditions, it will not look ugly. - wesdawgy
Captain Cynic Guides
Administrative Contact
Talk Talk
Philosophy Forum
Religion Forum
Psychology Forum
Science & Technology Forum
Politics & Current Events Forum
Health & Wellness Forum
Sexuality & Intimacy Forum
Product Reviews
Stories & Poetry Forum
Art Forum
Movie/TV Reviews
Jokes & Games
Photos, Videos & Music Forum

Do you ever get tired of being the nice guy?

User Thread
 36yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that Jacker_Jones is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
Do you ever get tired of being the nice guy? No for real. Sometimes I don't want to let someone go ahead of me so sometimes I don't. I say fuck off and give them the finger. Especially when I'm driving. I get the look the one where they're thinking, "What an asshole!" But I think sometimes not being a nice guy is a good thing even though everybody likes a nice guy. What do you think?

"I love to see people struggling for their purpose in life..."
 40yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that Wyote is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
You are an asshole in disguise. The reason you play nice is because you think it's what other people want, but it's not what you want. That's why you get tired of it from time to time, because you aren't being yourself. If you always behave in a way that is representative of your true feelings, you may seem like more of an asshole to others, but you'll feel less like an asshole to yourself.

Of course, if you react logically to every situation you are in, you aren't an asshole at all. People usually suck at that though.

"A loving heart is the beginning of all knowledge. - Thomas Carlyle"
 32yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that zyphon is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
nope. if start being that bad guy or the asshole i feel really guilty that i did whatever i did. to me being the nice guy is well nice.

"sad is the heart that loves. its usually broken"
 36yrs • M •
Wyote you got that idea from the movie transformers didn't you? No but seriously I don't think I'm an asshole in disguise. I think it's just natural to get tired of it. Or healthy. I admit there's probably some truth to what wyote said particularly, "The reason you play nice is because you think it's what other people want, but it's not what you want." People have described me as heartless and inconsiderate but surely it couldn't feel natural for someone to be that way? Could it?

34yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that MugenNoKarayami is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
I really hate being a nice guy alllllll the time, it gets annoying after a while.

but the thing is, I can't really help it.

I love being nice whenever I possibly can, but when people treat me like shit I just get that lightning strike in my head that's telling me to just be better than them and keep being nice.

idk maybe I shouldn't do that as much as I should, cause it just attracts people to walk all over me sometimes.

"I'm a human being, God Dammit!! My life has value!!!"
 36yrs • M •
Assuming it's not healthy to let people walk all over you. Then being a nice guy isn't healthy all the time.

42yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that Chained Wings is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
And what exactly is the “Nice Guy”? It has always sounded like an insult to me.

Has anyone ever felt the mental whipping at the ever stinging compliment?

“You're a really nice guy.”?

I wonder what is so wrong in today's society that makes being nominated as such, a hinder, instead of a compliment?

I have always been a really nice guy. But the thing is some people think being nice correlates to being weak.

It does not.

I can tell you I get my way in life and am happy with the way people treat me most of the time.

To me being nice is like a mutual club. You do sometung for them and they in turn do the same for you. And you both feel really good from it. You both benefit.

Though for the sake of all young and upcoming pushovers, I want to point out- Im friendly enough, to a point. When someone tries to take advantage of that friendliness, then I bite them. And most people bitten by me will tell others not to fuck with me.

Yet the biggest problem I suffer- is being the nice guy when it comes to women.

I am truly the Prince Charming in the romantic world.

And yet. I have been without a woman I can name “my partner for real" my whole life.

I have always been too afraid to step in and be the romantic man women wanted. (That makes me the weak man. The one that won't step in and sweep a woman off her feet.)

Ive let the hurtful guys swamp the women I want; like a pack of wolves. I see it like a feeding frenzy, and will not take part. Women are not prey; they are not slabs of meat.

You men will forever have me point the way and say, “after you” when it comes to women. I will not ever fight for a woman like she is a piece of property.

And all for the vain hope, a woman who is meant for me will see through all the crass, evil sharks and be my “one true” love.

And so the more desirable women. The ones I want to know intimately- they are stolen by the guy that has the best attack plan; best lair, most Machiavellian manipulator, slimiest, most aggressive, most ruthless of us all.

I have eternally regretted the times when I really liked a girl and would sit by and watch, as complete assholes would charm them and steal them for testosterone forged inconsequential conquests.

That is the only time being a nice guy hurts.

Like they say. “Nice guys come last.”

In getting the ladies, I have ever been the one who has gone without- yet wondering if there is a woman out there, who is compatible with me. Who sees through all the bull- to a man, who really, ultimately is all she has ever wanted-

But in social situations and traffic stories, giving way is fine. Opening a door. Going last when you're in no hurry is fine. Ultimately, in doing something small that will really not put me out is fine.

Like NMK said. He cannot help being nice. NMK may be similar in he is built like that. Your parents may have given you the fundamental basics of please and thank you and helping. And the concept that when you help others- they help you back.

I am nice. It is my idealistic and core nature.

There is NOTHING wrong with it if you know how to use it.

But to an asshole; who will always try and use a nice guy's personality against them. (Who I will always recognize, like a lion recognizes a rat.) I will eat them alive.

And I will use them to fuel my continuous nicety

"When I was a child I flew! Then as an adult- I watched others soar."
 31yrs • M •
Jac The Young is new to Captain Cynic and has less than 15 posts. New members have certain restrictions and must fill in CAPTCHAs to use various parts of the site.
I do.It sucks, you have to be the good guy or you dont get anywhere in life.Sometimes i wanna shoot someone, but that would land me behind bars.See what i mean, its a no win situation for the "bad guys".

"I think the the bottle is half full, not half empty."
 45yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that Restless Mind is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
Jac, at 14 you dont have a clue to what being "the nice guy" is all about. You prolly get flustered still when you get a hard on.

I am not saying that you are not a nice guy I am saying you dont have enough experiance in life to understand what it means yet.

31yrs • M •
Jac The Young is new to Captain Cynic and has less than 15 posts. New members have certain restrictions and must fill in CAPTCHAs to use various parts of the site.
But you do? So your sayin old people know how to be nice but young people know nothing about it. hey i got a question, do you know how to spell? "prolly,experiance" probably, experience

"I think the the bottle is half full, not half empty."
 45yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that Restless Mind is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
Did I claim to know how to be a nice guy? Nope....however with experience does come the ability to be nice or a dick.

As you just made it quite obvious that you are very close minded (you are young and I do not hold that against you) just try to open your mind to the fact that hey, I am young. Maybe I don't have al the experience I need in life. Instead of barfing back at me that I can't spell, good job by the way jerk-off.

32yrs • M •
quote:
Jac, at 14 you dont have a clue to what being "the nice guy" is all about. You prolly get flustered still when you get a hard on.

now whats gotten in to you? snappen at each other. and its not even playful. so what is "the nice guy" all about?
I have been stolen from and just smile and ask for it back. and when they dont give it back i shrug and go back to being me. if they insult me i smile and say "is that the best you can come up with?" somebody makes fun if family i try not to hit them.i like to look at anybody willing to be outspoken quite determined or otherwise family.

so restless mind. have you been caught up in the stereotype that until your 18 you have cant see things the same as people who have lived longer. how do you know what they have been through what they have acomplished.

and jac the young its probably not the smartest thing to nag at how people do things. like type. or their point of view. unless your joking around. then its fun. just try to lighten up a little bit.

36yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that Sky1234 is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
Its amazing to see how an admin on this forum which I thought most member here is pretty open minded, with 28 years of experience on earth still have stereotype to those who is experiencing the experience that he/she experienced before. Age does not matter, only mind and action does. In my opinion, most people whom i encounter with tend to get defensive when they have to deal with offensive stereotype and/or criticism remark, so instead of "thank you for your opinion." or " "thank you for point out my mistake" as respond, they will respond harshly and unappreciated, like; sarcastic question or called others as "jerk-off".

Jac here may be younger than restless mind, but not unnecessary dumber, and shouldn't be judge by his age, especially he didn't made his point clear yet. I am sure that restless mind too would mind if someone judge by his age too. So, Jac and anyone else, mind if I ask you all what does it mean by being the nice guy?

For me, I think nice guys is being generous, unselfish, caring..etc. generally, intent to do best to the situation without expecting reward, that pretty much sum up "nice guy" for me. It is wise to be nice in some circumstances, but not all nice guy is wise. Those circumstance are what i like to called "acceptable" or "bottom-line". Sometimes even the nicest person on earth still need to think for them self every once a while...right?

And of course, if you see some of my point is messed up, or you disagree with, feel free to point out to me.

"Beware of the dog"
 36yrs • M •
I would say a good definition for a nice guy is someone who puts others ahead of themselves. And a Bad guy puts himself ahead of others.

32yrs • M •
i agree with both Jacker_Jones and Sky1234.

About Captain Cynic
Common FAQ's
Captain Cynic Guides
Contact Us
Terms of Use
Privacy Policy
General Forum Rules
Cynic Trust Levels
Administrative Contact Forum
Registration
Lost Password
General Discussion
Philosophy Forums
Psychology Forums
Health Forums
Quote Submissions
Promotions & Links
 Captain Cynic on Facebook
 Captain Cynic on Twitter
 Captain Cynic RSS Feed
 Daily Tasker
Copyright © 2011 Captain Cynic All Rights Reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy