Solitude gives birth to the original in us, to beauty unfamiliar and perilous- to poetry. But also, it gives birth to the opposite: to the perverse, the illicit, the absurd. - Thomas Mann
Captain Cynic Guides
Administrative Contact
Talk Talk
Philosophy Forum
Religion Forum
Psychology Forum
Science & Technology Forum
Politics & Current Events Forum
Health & Wellness Forum
Sexuality & Intimacy Forum
Product Reviews
Stories & Poetry Forum
Art Forum
Movie/TV Reviews
Jokes & Games
Photos, Videos & Music Forum

why continue? - Page 5

User Thread
 61yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that Tracer165 is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
Although this post was entered long ago, I am replying on the idea that there are still some reading the responses.
"Why Continue", why not? Many walk this earth wondering why they are here and what will their end be. To most the answer is a mystery, to a very few it is as plain as day. We are all the results of the proving of a point if you will. This may sound strange but its true. Look up Job in the Bible. Satan at one time had free access to the other unfallen worlds. You can read about them in Job and Hebrews1. Satan has made such a false charge against God that he was able to disceive one third of "all" the angels in heaven. God declared of Lucifer, "thou was perfect in the day that thou was created". It was through his pride in his self he fell and became Satan. Because of his once exalted position, it was easy for him to deceive one third of the angels. Now God has allowed Himself to be placed on judgment for the remainder of the unfallen angels, the other unfallen worlds and to us, the lost sheep who has gone astray. God so loved the world that He gave his son to die for us because the wages of sin is death (see Romans) and only the life of the law giver could satisfy the demands of the Law. If God were to reveal Himself to us we would be consumed. If He were to some how shield us from that then we would serve him for the wrong reasons. If Satan was to reveal himself then the natural response would be to believe in God, which thing he doesn't want. If you really want to know "why continue" and I mean really want to know, not just to satisfy curiosity, then challenge God to prove Himself to you. You will soon see this is a challenge He is waiting for you to make. Then you will understand more than I could ever put in this space.

34yrs • M •
er'el is new to Captain Cynic and has less than 15 posts. New members have certain restrictions and must fill in CAPTCHAs to use various parts of the site.
The answer is different for each person. Only you yourself can find your own reason to continue on living - is what i think.

But is there some kinda universal answer to this question?

"The devil is in the details."
 52yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that Adam Seth God is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
The next time I have to ask myself why keep living this existence....

I'm gonna' google it -

What th' - ?

Yeah, then I'm gonna' go down the list one by one and experience every returned piece of information as a new life's pursuit...

By the time I'm done, I'll either have discovered the answer or be so old and dead that will be that...

THE QUESTION IS JUST ONE SIDE OF A [ KOAN] ... there is no proper answer - succinct and to the point

it just begs the mind to run through every answer possible... like what happens when the immovable object meets with the unstoppable force...

eventually you stop answering the question, even in meditation...

it's just a fecicious mental exercise to occupy others or distract them from the person who asks the question, who is probably just looking for exactly that attention...

this thread was posted by "WHY WHY WHY"

another endless question.... funny

lol!

hope you can finish reading this without starting your own reply ... other wise you will never be able to see yourself until you can

ACCEPT YOUR REDUCTIONS AND MOVE ONWARD

everyone else has to accept their limits... "why not" you?

boing - !

fin'

"\\\"The Empty Vessel Makes The Most Noise\\\" - Shakespear"
why continue? - Page 5
  1    2    3    4    5  
About Captain Cynic
Common FAQ's
Captain Cynic Guides
Contact Us
Terms of Use
Privacy Policy
General Forum Rules
Cynic Trust Levels
Administrative Contact Forum
Registration
Lost Password
General Discussion
Philosophy Forums
Psychology Forums
Health Forums
Quote Submissions
Promotions & Links
 Captain Cynic on Facebook
 Captain Cynic on Twitter
 Captain Cynic RSS Feed
 Daily Tasker
Copyright © 2011 Captain Cynic All Rights Reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy