When all else fails, duck. It's not practical, but it can be momentarily comforting. - Attolia
Captain Cynic Guides
Administrative Contact
Talk Talk
Philosophy Forum
Religion Forum
Psychology Forum
Science & Technology Forum
Politics & Current Events Forum
Health & Wellness Forum
Sexuality & Intimacy Forum
Product Reviews
Stories & Poetry Forum
Art Forum
Movie/TV Reviews
Jokes & Games
Photos, Videos & Music Forum

brain controls the mind? or mind controls the brain?

User Thread
 36yrs • M •
SpankmasterFlex is new to Captain Cynic and has less than 15 posts. New members have certain restrictions and must fill in CAPTCHAs to use various parts of the site.
which one do you think is correct? i wont state any arguments at this point, but ill join in on the argument once i hear some opinions

""for f*cking out loud!""
 39yrs • F •
la stupide is new to Captain Cynic and has less than 15 posts. New members have certain restrictions and must fill in CAPTCHAs to use various parts of the site.
March 05 2007 dunno the rules to this site (if there's no bumping) but wow *answers*

Brain controls the mind. Think about it, when you're sleeping (unconscious) or in a coma or something.. your brain is still functioning, and mind = consciousness

Another example is involuntary actions, such as breathing and blinking. If your mind (mind = thoughts, emotions, etc) controlled your brain you would have to think about breathing or blinking before doing it

40yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that allimar is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
Very good question. So far I believe that because we are capable of looking at our brain as an instrument rather then ourselves, the mind is in control.
I have more research to do before concluding this.

"The more you learn, the less you know."
 36yrs • M •
neutralminded1 is new to Captain Cynic and has less than 15 posts. New members have certain restrictions and must fill in CAPTCHAs to use various parts of the site.
La Stupide makes an excellent point, but i'd have to side with Allimar on this. the mind is more like ourselves. a mix of spirit AND brain. because it yelds the properties of both i'd have to say that the mind is in control and that the brain is more of a tool. same as the heart, lungs, hands and feat. all just tools which we use to shape our destiny.

"in life, there is chaos. in death, nothing. fix the chaos, and in death you will find peace."
 29yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that forgottentruth is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
[/quote]Another example is involuntary actions, such as breathing and blinking. If your mind (mind = thoughts, emotions, etc) controlled your brain you would have to think about breathing or blinking before doing it

thats a good point but did you ever think that you might already think about it but only for like a nanosecond?

"All we see or seem; is but a dream within a dream. - Edgar Allan Poe"
About Captain Cynic
Common FAQ's
Captain Cynic Guides
Contact Us
Terms of Use
Privacy Policy
General Forum Rules
Cynic Trust Levels
Administrative Contact Forum
Registration
Lost Password
General Discussion
Philosophy Forums
Psychology Forums
Health Forums
Quote Submissions
Promotions & Links
 Captain Cynic on Facebook
 Captain Cynic on Twitter
 Captain Cynic RSS Feed
 Daily Tasker
Copyright © 2011 Captain Cynic All Rights Reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy