Stories & Poetry Forum
Art Forum
Movie/TV Reviews
Jokes & Games
Photos, Videos & Music Forum

Women Empathize better with Women

User Thread
 32yrs • F
A CTL of 1 means that xloobyloox is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
I know why women talk to women more often then men

THEY CAN TELL WHEN YOUR UPSET!!

well most men can't tell... i figured this out by talking to someone earlier... you hint but they never ask lmao...

men! hahaha

"Why kill the bumblebee when your the pain in the ass?"
[  Edited by unknown1 at   ]
 32yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that zyphon is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
True it is harder for alot harder for men because we dont usually spend years night and day at girls houses with them. (It would seem kind of weird for guys that are 9 to be spending alot of time alone with a girl. most parents dont like that idea. I found that out the hard way.) Girls tend to stick together for long periods of time so they know when they are having problems. It is easier for them because they know the person. So if a guy were to spend a lot of time with girls and gets to know how they act and when they are mad it would be easier. That and it would help if when you ask a girl if somethings wrong they wouldnt say 'No im fine.' Then run off to their friends and complain about guys bein unsesitive, and uncaring.

"sad is the heart that loves. its usually broken"
 42yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that Chained Wings is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
Okay,
I have to agree that when it comes to sensitivity, most men are lacking. But not all are. I would like to think I'm very sensitive and perceptive as far as the male species go.

I usually can tell when my female friends are upset. And most people I know (male or female) usually come to me when they have a problem.

What interests me, loobyloo, is your mentioning of "hinting" at something being wrong.

Im asking this out of interest to better understand women, so in the future I may be even more perceptive to their needs and wants.

Why did you hint at something being wrong? If you were feeling down about something and needed to talk with someone, why didn't you just say "Hey, Im not feeling the best. I could really do with someone to talk with right now."

If a guy brushed you off after that, then you would have every right to say men are insensitive and its better to speak to another woman.

By first hinting at something being wrong without actually coming out with what you want to talk about, are you testing someone? And if they are perceptive enough will you then open up to them?

I think that the problem lies in both sexes. Yes men are insensitive when it comes to judging women and their needs. But in my experience women are not open enough, and this leads to more misunderstanding than is necessary.

Maybe the fundamental differences in men and women are there to make humans have to learn how to deal with each other- and therefore evolve mentally and emotionally by those interactions.

After all, we all want to have someone special in our lives and they are usually of the opposite sex. So in order to be a fit partner we have to learn to understand the opposite sex and how to interact with them.

This in turn makes us more intelligent as a species.

"When I was a child I flew! Then as an adult- I watched others soar."
 41yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that CodeWarrior is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
To me it sounds like a self fulfilling prophecy. You talk to women more because you think they're better at picking up on things and so guys have less experience picking up on things and so aren't so good at it. The same could be said for guys not understanding what things are like for girls in their 'girly world', of course they can only guess unless you let them in to that world.

In fact the more I think about it if girls want really understanding boy friends the best thing you can do, as a sex, is to start opening up lots more to your platonic male friends in the same way you do with your girl friends. The obvious result of that is there are lots more boys in the world with a better understanding of women and so a lot more boys available to become your really understanding boy friends.

31yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that ScorcherTheMe is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
Zyphon says,
quote:
it would help if when you ask a girl if somethings wrong they wouldnt say 'No im fine.' Then run off to their friends and complain about guys bein unsesitive, and uncaring.

That kind of woman would be a lesbian for the five seconds that they say that, in my opinion. I find such a comment to be immature, and from my point of view, the woman would think it's still guys against girls.

"You are what you say you are."
About Captain Cynic
Common FAQ's
Captain Cynic Guides
Contact Us
Terms of Use
Privacy Policy
General Forum Rules
Cynic Trust Levels
Administrative Contact Forum
Registration
Lost Password
General Discussion
Philosophy Forums
Psychology Forums
Health Forums
Quote Submissions
Promotions & Links
 Captain Cynic on Facebook
 Captain Cynic on Twitter
 Captain Cynic RSS Feed
 Daily Tasker
Copyright © 2011 Captain Cynic All Rights Reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy