Stories & Poetry Forum
Art Forum
Movie/TV Reviews
Jokes & Games
Photos, Videos & Music Forum

That time of the month!

User Thread
 51yrs • F •
A CTL of 1 means that Sorceress is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
That time of the month!
Girl's stuff has arrived just in time for me to apologise to everyone about my ravings recently and blame them entirely on the fact that I was pre-mensrual and completely emotional and cranky. My kids and hubby are staying away from me at the moment and as I said to someone else earlier, I feel I should have a sign round my neck saying, do not approach unless you want your head bitten off or be cried on!

""Each child holds the world in an open hand to mould it into any shape they choose.""
 68yrs • F •
A CTL of 1 means that Chiron is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
Well, I'm sending you 'virtual hugs' Sorceress.
Be especially kind to yourself now, seeing as we cant be there to to do so for you!

42yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that CodeWarrior is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
Sounds more or less the way I feel when ever I'm very pressured and short of time, or short of sleep for that matter. What can I suggest ... mark out a time in your day you can have 'out' and use this time to unwind. don't just use it unplanned but try to fill it with the sort of things you know you enjoy and help you feel more in control. Guard that time jealously till it's over and hopefully it'll give you enough strength to keep it together in the day.

Either that or just come here and cry on our shoulders.

36yrs • F •
A CTL of 1 means that Attolia is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
So then can men blame their ravings on their testosterone levels?

"How can we be just in a world without mercy and merciful in a world without justice?"
 36yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that Cynic-Al is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
I thought women always blamed whatever we said on testosterone levels usually with something along the lines of "it's because he's a guy".

My girlfriend always seems to find the chocolate and Ice cream help. And if you looked round my old school the usual trick there was to wander round with a hot water bottle inserted up the front of the jumper.

"So Schrodinger's Cat is not only neither dead nor alive, but might also be sexually aroused by elbows and peanut butter?"
 42yrs • M •
About the only thing you could firmly pin on elevated testosterone is involuntary sexual arousal, in either men or women. P.s why a water bottle?

36yrs • M •
note the hot part hot water bottles ease pain, so anyone having period pains used them instead of taking pain killers. easier to deal with the hormonal irritableness if you aren't getting irritated by pain as well.

"So Schrodinger's Cat is not only neither dead nor alive, but might also be sexually aroused by elbows and peanut butter?"
 35yrs • M
A CTL of 1 means that awakendwraith is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
lol Imagine a bunch of guys rnning around hitting things and humping people. lol

"Why cry for those that often cry? Instead, help them smile, and smile for those that smile."
 42yrs • M •
it's rubbish you know, about testosterone being a violent chemical. Testosterone elevates libido. It's just in the animal kingdom (and some times with humans) mating requires you fight for your mate and for control of resources necessary to bread effectively.

You women are actually more sensitive to tiny fluctuations in testosterone than guys. you see you have a fraction of the amount we do but you're far more sensitive to it. The first effect of sticking a male testosterone HRT patch on a girl is not masculisation of the features but the development of a raging libido. Your testosterone only needs to drop a little for you to go totally off sex or go up a little for you to feel totally sexually on edge for no apparent reason.

36yrs • M •
Testosterone does increase muscle growth as well, I know this has nothing to do with actual violence but it would mean that men would be expected to be more violent. Then we could turn this into another discussion about social conditioning and wonder why we have violence left over in our systems when we no longer need to physically fight for our "mate". but that would of course be horrendously off topic .

hope you feel more like your (3/4 of the time) normal self again soon sorceress.

51yrs • F •
just a note to all concerned, my original post about my P.M.T was actually February, but thanks for your concern anyway.

Funnily enough though I have been feeling down these last few days and it is that time of the month so I obviously need to take some iron or something around my period. I don't want to go doing something silly just for the sake of low iron or hormonal imbalances now do I?

""Each child holds the world in an open hand to mould it into any shape they choose.""
 36yrs • M •
Congratulations to Attolia on creating an entertaining conversation based on a long dead thread

Everyone enjoys doing silly things every now and then, though prob not the sort of silly that you mean. Doing something entertaining silly and feel better

42yrs • F •
TRISTETXCHOLA is new to Captain Cynic and has less than 15 posts. New members have certain restrictions and must fill in CAPTCHAs to use various parts of the site.
IS THERE ANYONE THAT HAS THE SAME MENSTRAL PROBLEM AS ME? I HAVE VERY HEAVY PERIODS, THAT LAST 3 TO MORE MONTHS, ARE GONE FOR THE SAME AMOUNT, AND I GO THROUGH ABOUT 48 OVERNIGHT KOTEX PADS IN 3 DAYS..HAVE HAD A CHILD AND WAS NORMAL WEIGHT AT 17..I WAS 138 AND WAS 5'1. NOW I AM 5'1 AND WEIGH 260..I HEARD SOMETHING ABOUT SOMETHING CALLED OVARIAN POLY CYSTIC SYNDROM...ANY HELP OUT THERE? SOME DOCS HAVE SAID I JUST HAVE EXTREME MENSTRAL BLEEDING..BUT ALSO I HAVE NOT USED ANYTHING IN THE LINE OF SEX PROTECTION BUT HAVE NOT CONCEIVED ANOTHER CHILD.

""FORGIVE, BUT DON'T FORGET""
 51yrs • F •
My sister is going through a similar problem. Her youngest child is three now, she didn't stop bleeding after having him for about six months and then nothing again for months and it went on and on. She had the coil fitted but eventually had to have it removed because of extreme period pains. Anyway three years on, she hasn'thad a period since Christmas and there is now talk of her going through the menaopause (she's only just 40)

So I really feel for you. There's nothing more frustrating than not knowing what your body is doing.

42yrs • M •
I advise against just assuming this is 'one of those things' I should demand a 2nd opinion. Preferably from a gynaecologist or endocrinologist rather than a gp. gp's try hard but they simply don't have the training for those 1 in 10000 cases. especially if those cases are hard to distinguish from the mundane.

Saying you just have heavy bleeding is like saying you just have a head ache. It's a meaningless statement. It's a posh way of saying I don't know. There must be a cause. If the ache goes a way in a few days probably a reaction to something you ate. If not time for a brain scan. Do you catch my drift?

Other than that all I can suggest is prayer. I have known it to be surprisingly effective.

That time of the month!
  1    2  
About Captain Cynic
Common FAQ's
Captain Cynic Guides
Contact Us
Terms of Use
Privacy Policy
General Forum Rules
Cynic Trust Levels
Administrative Contact Forum
Registration
Lost Password
General Discussion
Philosophy Forums
Psychology Forums
Health Forums
Quote Submissions
Promotions & Links
 Captain Cynic on Facebook
 Captain Cynic on Twitter
 Captain Cynic RSS Feed
 Daily Tasker
Copyright © 2011 Captain Cynic All Rights Reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy