Stories & Poetry Forum
Art Forum
Movie/TV Reviews
Jokes & Games
Photos, Videos & Music Forum

LSD

User Thread
 34yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that MugenNoKarayami is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
LSD
considered to be the most facinating drug invented in the world of psychology. I have a basic outline of why and how it was banned, but does any one else have more information they'd like to share?

My thoughts on this was it had something to do with the government and religion. but that's just me. negate that last comment when/if you reply to this.

"I'm a human being, God Dammit!! My life has value!!!"
 32yrs • F
A CTL of 1 means that xloobyloox is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
LSD was invented in Swirzerland by Albert Hofmann, a researcher for Sandoz pharmaceuticals. it did not spontaneously appear amoung the youth of the Western world as a gift from the God of Getting' High. lol . the CIA was on to acid long before the flower hippy children.

if you wanna know more just go onto this site i'll tell you all about LSD and its where abouts

http://www.carpenoctem.tv/cons/acid.html

"Why kill the bumblebee when your the pain in the ass?"
 34yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that MugenNoKarayami is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
yeah I came across an 82 minute documentary about it yesterday >.>; hahha thank you though~!

42yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that Chained Wings is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.

It always seems like whenever something is enjoyable and therefore has potential to be given allot of value, someone in power will step in and try to control it. And if they cant control it they will try to destroy it.

I think that LSD and other mind expanding drugs have so much potential for unlocking the secrets of our mind.

But conversely, I feel drugs which alter your mind can also be VERY dangerous.

Therefore, giving it to the ignorant masses as a recreational drug merely to improve their dull lives will never achieve anything of any intellectual value, and only have a negative affect on allot of lives.

I wish there was more research into the consciousness and the mind done not just with a narrow minded approach, but with a little more imagination and lateral thinking. And that mind altering drugs were not considered merely a way of getting high for people lacking anything of substance in their lives.

The good thing is those drugs are still out there. But not so easily available to every person that tries stuff purely because its the "in thing" to do.

And people with inquisitive minds will use them still- not just for a good time- but because it helps them become more creative, or to see things with a different perception.

When I went through my drug phase I always read up on drugs before I took them. And I was more interested in what they could do to my thought processes and subsequently wether they could expand it in any way- rather than wether they could give me a few hours happiness.

Its good to know you're doing your research Mugen.

Here is something you may find interesting incase you haven't seen it before.

http://mescaline.com/huxley.htm

On a side note, the band the Doors got their name from the title of this book.

I would finally like to say, I dont advocate drugs. Nor am I against them.

Each to their own. Drugs will probably always be part of society. People are going to take them for good or for bad. But its more often for bad when they are swept into a corner and ignored by the powers that be and ignorance is their pusher.

"When I was a child I flew! Then as an adult- I watched others soar."
 34yrs • M •
Thank you very much,Chained...you seem to have the same out look on things as me and my select few friends who have journied with me into the depths of our minds, we're really one in a million. There's very few things I hate/stongly dislike in this world that people abusing something that has potential to drastically improve our knowledge and better understand ourselves.

from the experience I do have with these mind altering substances, I have realized things that make me a completely different person in the most positive way. It truely amazes me to see what people are missing out on, the truth behind the curtains. This elaborate ruse we think is "life". There so much more to what we think we know, and I think that's why the government is so afraid of it.

I'll definitely have to look into that book too.

LSD
About Captain Cynic
Common FAQ's
Captain Cynic Guides
Contact Us
Terms of Use
Privacy Policy
General Forum Rules
Cynic Trust Levels
Administrative Contact Forum
Registration
Lost Password
General Discussion
Philosophy Forums
Psychology Forums
Health Forums
Quote Submissions
Promotions & Links
 Captain Cynic on Facebook
 Captain Cynic on Twitter
 Captain Cynic RSS Feed
 Daily Tasker
Copyright © 2011 Captain Cynic All Rights Reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy