Love, friendship and respect do not unite people as much as a common hatred for something. - Anton Chekhov
Captain Cynic Guides
Administrative Contact
Talk Talk
Philosophy Forum
Religion Forum
Psychology Forum
Science & Technology Forum
Politics & Current Events Forum
Health & Wellness Forum
Sexuality & Intimacy Forum
Product Reviews
Stories & Poetry Forum
Art Forum
Movie/TV Reviews
Jokes & Games
Photos, Videos & Music Forum

Fatty - Page 2

User Thread
 32yrs • F
A CTL of 1 means that xloobyloox is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
i wanna just do it healthy lol i think im gonna go with vigils advice and do the sit ups in the morning and just watch what i eat

thanks to everyone though

"Why kill the bumblebee when your the pain in the ass?"
 34yrs • M •
illwill is new to Captain Cynic and has less than 15 posts. New members have certain restrictions and must fill in CAPTCHAs to use various parts of the site.
are u just self conscious about yourself
but i usally do 30 push ups and
40 sit ups morning and night
in the summer i run for about a hr or two
but i seem to get the body that i whant maybe
it is because i don't eat right

"death is only a gift given from god"
 32yrs • F
im not self concious ... i know im fat

42yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that CodeWarrior is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
lol. aww. now post a few pics of your self I'm sure we can all tell you how pretty you look.

^ joke.

32yrs • F
now why would i want to scare people like that? lol

42yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that CodeWarrior is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
aww. I'm sure you're very pretty. lol you can't be that eagerly or your boy wouldn't want you as 'his little sex slave'. lol

68yrs • F •
A CTL of 1 means that Chiron is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
Xloobyloox, you already have the right idea about the diet thing by choosing healthy over radical.

But there's another aspect that's far more insidious than eating chocolate cake, and it can keep you feeling fat and unhappy with your body for most of your life. It will also take your self esteem, money, and seriously jeopardize your personal relationships all along the way.

You see although you believe that you live in a free world, in reality you are in the process of becoming 'enslaved'.
I'm not suggesting any conspiracy theory nonsense here, and the clever thing about this so called 'slavery' is that it will be chosen by you and not enforced by another.

But from every possible perspective, you are being bombarded by mega-media Icons which are carefully chosen to shape your ideas about everything, most particularly yourself.

It may seem really innocent (and herein lies its strength), but every time you are confronted by one of these Icon's (in adverts, billboards, movies) that show models 'photo-shopped' beyond belief; you are also subtly being asked at the same time to compare yourself (unfavorably) .

The Icon pretends to have your best interests at heart, it offers you love, happiness, success, power, self esteem, approval of others etc, but not only can it never deliver these...
something far worse, it subtly seduces you into trading your own means of achieving love, happiness, self esteem etc, for a Grand Illusion.
And you will learn to love this Illusion so much you will fund its very existence by purchasing its goods, and faithfully believing in it, and following it around for the rest of your life. You will also hang out with other believers, and probably deride others who choose not to do so.

In fact it will take extraordinary personal courage to resist this kind of enslavement, but with every stand you take against it, you will become ever more powerful in yourself and more of everything you ever really wanted.

The very first step is to reject outright the kind of comments which come from those who probably mean well, but show that they have already begun their journey as slaves. For example:

[quote]
aww. I'm sure you're very pretty. lol you can't be that eagerly or your boy wouldn't want you as 'his little sex slave'. lol

Even if you just outright reject and contradict all this type of talk (and you don't even have to believe it at first), you will have your work cut out for you!
But on the plus side, the weight will start to melt away (you will no longer be needing its 'protection' and you will become more and more beautiful.

No matter what guy's tell you, a genuinely self-empowered woman is an absolute aphrodisiac, and drop-dead-sexy!
(its the needy, insecure women with poor self-esteem that they soon get bored with, and move on).

51yrs • F •
A CTL of 1 means that Sorceress is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
run around after my kids all day, do the school walk what seems like a million times a year, run up and down the stairs a few times after a two year old - oh sorry, that's just my fitness regime! lol

""Each child holds the world in an open hand to mould it into any shape they choose.""
 32yrs • F
haha well youve got the idea sorceress and

um..chiron...with the 'little sex slave' i said that before in another post....um...i dont really understand what you were trying to say about the slave thing.... with the icon i understand but im not like that i dont look at celebrities and go like "oh i wish i was skinny as them" cos they look tooo skinny and its gross...but i didnt understand the whole

quote:
Even if you just outright reject and contradict all this type of talk (and you don't even have to believe it at first), you will have your work cut out for you!

lol idk when codewarrior said that he was quoting from when i had said that before in another post...

thanks for the advice about the icons..i think you just got the wrong end of the stick when you said whatcha did thankyou though.... sorry..

and CodeWarrior...shurrup lol

36yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that Cynic-Al is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
what chiron meant was "ugly" not "eagerly" so it hsould have read "you can't be that ugly if you bf wants you for his little 'sex slave'"

and sorry chiron but i couldn't help feeling with your little spiel that we were about to get "you are in a prison you cannot see, smell, taste or touch, a prison for your mind" and the u'd offer her the red or blue slimming pill.

"So Schrodinger's Cat is not only neither dead nor alive, but might also be sexually aroused by elbows and peanut butter?"
 32yrs • F
oh otay... hahaha idk....

i dont think im ugly... my bf has shown me that i can call myself beautiful and not be stuck up. but i do know im fat... i do know i could loose a little weight... in fact...im gonna do those sit ups now seeing as i woke up like 30mins ago...yes i do know that means i was asleep till 1:15pm hahahaha

68yrs • F •
no problem xloobyloox!

and my intention is not to crit CodeWarroir, I can see he was only joking, even if I didn't know about the other post.

And there is nothing wrong with your liking sex either! That's definitely not the slavery part. But its the suggestion that you might not be pretty enough, slim enough, desirable enough, which is encoded into nearly every single Iconic image out there. That will start to influence your decisions, choices, self esteem, and the next thing you know WHAM! , its got you enslaved.

Then every time you say something (even a small jokey thing like 'I know I am fat', you unconsciously buy into a system that insists that you conform. And teaches that you do not look OK unless you match up to one of the selected Icons, and you are given a range of Icons to identify with, so if you think this one is too skinny, there are others.

But the bottom line is that our feelings and perceptions of ourselves are being controlled in this way, and hence I liken it to slavery.

Every time you see one of these iconic images, ask yourself "what does it want from me?" and if you look carefully, you will see that it wants your vote. In other words when you choose it, you also give it power.

If in giving your vote, it actually delivered promises, I would say 'great! go for it'. But it cannot. And it saddens me to see people being lied to when they supported something in good faith.

I'm probably rambling on and you must be thinking 'huh!...why me?'

But you reminded me in some small way of so many thousands of people out there who battle with self-esteem issues. And I admit I do blame it on 'a system' which keeps peoples self esteem/confidence right down, by teaching them that they are not good enough. And it all starts with making young people believe they are not physically attractive in some way or other. And its absolute bullshit!
You are young, beautiful, and powerful... Don't give them your vote!!

and now that I've had my rant, please can you tell me how to do the quote thingy set in double lines?
thanx,
luv from me

32yrs • F
thankyou and

lol to do the quote thing you see on the side were it has like bold link italic...ect... well highlight what you want to quote and click quote and it'll do it for you

noodles

68yrs • F •
[uote]
quote:

dear, oh dear, lol! still haven't got it...
I did like you said but only got the above...help?

32yrs • F
ok so like you want to quote

happy birthday

highligh happy birthday and click quote

then (q uote)happybirthday(/quote) but with [ < those things instead of brackets will come up i just used brackets to show you and then when you press post reply it will come up like this...

quote:
happy birthday

Fatty - Page 2
  1    2    3    4  
About Captain Cynic
Common FAQ's
Captain Cynic Guides
Contact Us
Terms of Use
Privacy Policy
General Forum Rules
Cynic Trust Levels
Administrative Contact Forum
Registration
Lost Password
General Discussion
Philosophy Forums
Psychology Forums
Health Forums
Quote Submissions
Promotions & Links
 Captain Cynic on Facebook
 Captain Cynic on Twitter
 Captain Cynic RSS Feed
 Daily Tasker
Copyright © 2011 Captain Cynic All Rights Reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy