There is no shop in the world where we can buy friends, that is why we treasure them knowing that we can never find any replacement over the counter. - sweetygirl
Captain Cynic Guides
Administrative Contact
Talk Talk
Philosophy Forum
Religion Forum
Psychology Forum
Science & Technology Forum
Politics & Current Events Forum
Health & Wellness Forum
Sexuality & Intimacy Forum
Product Reviews
Stories & Poetry Forum
Art Forum
Movie/TV Reviews
Jokes & Games
Photos, Videos & Music Forum

Okay...Why should I Fear God?

User Thread
 32yrs • F
A CTL of 1 means that xloobyloox is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
Me and my One was talking the other day...and he said that i should fear God because what he gives to me he could easially take away....

i don't have a religion i am more spirtial but I believe in God... the reason I don't have a religion is because I don't want some thing telling me what to do and what I have to believe in for a certain religion...

I don't believe there is a 'Jesus'....and PLEASE don't anyone say I should or try to change my mind or say something like 'You can't believe in God if you don't believe in Jesus'...I just don't believe in Jesus ... lol another story for another day

But please tell me....why the hell are they saying that we should fear something ...that I choose to believe is like my freind?

Do you fear God???

Noodles

"Why kill the bumblebee when your the pain in the ass?"
 43yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that gildon is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
I do believe that Jesus was a real man. I don't believe he was a god in anyway though.

I strongly believe that Jesus was a scapegoat to the Romans so that they could spread fear by telling the story of Jesus.

There isn't any reason to fear Jesus though. I like Jesus simply because he seemed taught how to believe in man not God.

I do believe in a god though I don't fear God. I don't need religion to believe in God. But so many religious folkies will fight with me saying that you must be religious to believe in God.

I believe God is the creator of all things. Since the words of man have destroyed religion I haven't and will not pick a religion. And I don't fear God. There is too much to fear about man.

"The thief is the heart, the world is in his pocket."
 36yrs • F •
A CTL of 1 means that Attolia is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
God can put you in Hell everlasting or prevent you from entering Heaven. Assuming you believe in the all-powerful JudeoIslamoChristian God. But if you don't, then is it God you believe in or something else?

"How can we be just in a world without mercy and merciful in a world without justice?"
 51yrs • F •
A CTL of 1 means that Sorceress is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
Decius, do you fear your parents? If so I think that is very sad. I love my parents and I respect them but I do not fear them. I may worry about what they will say or how they will react to something I've done but I certainly do not fear them and I do not fear God. I love God with all my heart and soul, to someone who has not fallen in love with God this is hard to accept, but it is just like falling in love with a person, at first you get besotted but after a while it calms down and you find yourself in a relationship. I do not fear his wrath because I dont believe in it. If the end comes, it comes, maybe it is the end of a cycle, who knows, I'm not going to stress about it!

""Each child holds the world in an open hand to mould it into any shape they choose.""
 32yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that zyphon is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
Maybe back when they first started saying 'fear god' they meant it in a way of respect. Like you respect your enemy.

But know its like fear why should i fear someone that i am suppposed to love and look to for salvation. Thats confussing.

"sad is the heart that loves. its usually broken"
 51yrs • F •
A CTL of 1 means that Sorceress is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
I agree zyphon

""Each child holds the world in an open hand to mould it into any shape they choose.""
 32yrs • F
but i dont see why i should be afraid of something...in that case..decius shouldnt i also fear everyone around me? because they can take things away and give me things like God right? so shouldnt i fear everyone? because no matter how mild or meak someone is or anything someone in this word can take my life...someone can save it...ect....so shouldnt i fear everyone????

32yrs • F
and gildon i dont have a religion either... but someone told me that if i believe in god but dont fear god then it is blasphmy...or however its spelt.. but that lol and i said ...dont quote me on jesus lol thanks for your veiws of your beliefs but its not gonna change my mind

34yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that MugenNoKarayami is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
people fear god because it has been told you should for so many years...

if you commit a crime or have many 'sins', god will banish you to a burning firey hell. the church explained this to the people in the city to keep them in order and under control. the general population back then was basically stupid and would listen to anything they were told.

the idea of an invisible entity in the sky watching over us from his kindom that only the pure hearted deceased can see seems a little far fetched, don't ya think?

people are afraid of death, so being told that when you die the only way you'll be able to escape that burning hell is to obey god's every will, you would naturally comply.

"I'm a human being, God Dammit!! My life has value!!!"
 32yrs • F
true but what if your beliefs are differnet from that? i dont have a religion... i dont believe in the underworld of hell... i believe earth is hell....long ago god banished Lucifer to earth ...so maybe this is hell and our punishment from god when we die if we have sinned is to stay on earth....but think about it statistically.....no one in this world hasnt not sinned. so does that mean everyone goes to hell? i know that you are ment to ask for forgiveness for your sins... i havent done that yet... i was told to do it when i felt i deserved to be forgiven...i did a blasphimy or whatever its called by sacrastically asking for forgiveness....and my bf was like...whow...your crazy...but now i realise what i did and ill ask for forgiveness when i feel the right time...but what happens if you do something so bad that god wont forgive you??

will God always forgive you?

34yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that MugenNoKarayami is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
It really depends on what you truely think is "real".

supposedly, god will forgive you for any sin as long as you are whole heartedly sorry and regretful... to me it seems like the perfect lie to human society.

I mean, all this money, no taxes, control and obedience... if you live your lives without questioning the power of "god" and live by his set of "rules" you'll be granted access to his kingdom of perfectness. Who ever made up this scam probably deserves a handshake and a good laugh over a drink for creating the biggest ruse in human history.

32yrs • F
lmao you make a very good point....many poeple think religions are fabricated..im one of those people... and i believe the christian religion is the most fabricated...im in the mist of deciding my beliefs....just i dont want a religion...im spiritual more then anything

34yrs • M •
Christianity and Catholisism is probably the most laughable religions ever constructed.

they're so dead set on their "10 comandments" yet every single one of them can't follow them... hmm... you "sin" every single day whether you like it or not, but!!!! if you come to church and give us more money, MAYBE, JUST MAYBE, God will consider changing his mind next time your name comes up. it's always next time...

By thinking spiritually, and for yourself, it allows you to be "yourself". And higher orders of the church believe this would cause pandemonium if they ever figured out that they've been lied to for thousands of years..

32yrs • F
*claps* indeedy do religion = sucky lol

34yrs • M •
so I think, If you really think God exists, you should be scared. Because I certainly wouldn't like the fact that my "life" depends on the amount of money I put fourth into a fake organization with the false hope that when I die, I get to go to this mystical ideal heaven.

just remember, if you fu_k up, you go to hell.... but God still loves you.

1    2    3    4  
About Captain Cynic
Common FAQ's
Captain Cynic Guides
Contact Us
Terms of Use
Privacy Policy
General Forum Rules
Cynic Trust Levels
Administrative Contact Forum
Registration
Lost Password
General Discussion
Philosophy Forums
Psychology Forums
Health Forums
Quote Submissions
Promotions & Links
 Captain Cynic on Facebook
 Captain Cynic on Twitter
 Captain Cynic RSS Feed
 Daily Tasker
Copyright © 2011 Captain Cynic All Rights Reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy