Psychos will stand at your door and ask to sniff your hair, but your boyfriend will just come right in and do it. - UnderDawg
Captain Cynic Guides
Administrative Contact
Talk Talk
Philosophy Forum
Religion Forum
Psychology Forum
Science & Technology Forum
Politics & Current Events Forum
Health & Wellness Forum
Sexuality & Intimacy Forum
Product Reviews
Stories & Poetry Forum
Art Forum
Movie/TV Reviews
Jokes & Games
Photos, Videos & Music Forum

Okay...Why should I Fear God? - Page 4

User Thread
 38yrs • M •
The Begining is new to Captain Cynic and has less than 15 posts. New members have certain restrictions and must fill in CAPTCHAs to use various parts of the site.
You know I don't want to be disrespectful. You being older and probable wiser.

But I am really not feeling it.
Yes people blow up the negative,

But I think you would agree with me that not ever thing is under your control

That is what I am trying to say.

It sounds good when you put destiny like that and the last part about seize the day

But I just want to put a scenario to you.

You're a soldier in Iraq you really want to go home and give your mother a big hug and kiss her. That is the destiny you want, that's how you want the movie to end. That's what you want to master.

But before that you must seize the day in other words don't get shot or have your ass blown off.

You remember everything you learnt in training, your not a bad soldier or careless

But due some minor religious differences and the fact that you invaded his country
Some poor misguided son of a bitch wants you dead. So they plant concealed bombs along the roadside. Hoping gosh I wish that nice American / British soldier would just come by so I can blow is ass through his face and then just out of some apparent luck or Act of God ( I am sorry if you don't believe in God as you can tell I do) your Bradley fighting vehicle gets blown up with you in it your dead.

I guess I would give her a big kiss when she makes it to heaven. I full filed my destiny

We in the west have been listening to too much tapes and haven't got a chance to see how the other half (east) live… oh yeah they live in fear because they don't want to die if you kill somebody's son your going to tell them actualize another breadwinner for your family and go seize the day
And that's the point I am trying to make
You cannot control your destiny (what is going to happen to you)
. You could work hard and provide for your kids but if some drunk driver runs over your son you have to live with the grief and don't tell me you don't have to feel grief you will.

You can change the things you have control over but you got to have courage to fight even when you don't no what the hell is going to happen and accept for crying out loud
Today might not be your day.
And live with it

"But the tax collector stood at a distance. He would not even look up to heaven, but beat his breast and said, 'God, have mercy on me, a sinner."
 33yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that Sanity101 is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
You seem like a christian man. Ise'nt there a quote with some christian agenda. "Live by the sword. Die by the sword"?
I dunno.
But that soldier CHOSE to join the military man. HE CHOSE. End of story. Just like if I CHOOSE to become a piolet. I might die in a plane crash.

Either way he chose. I dont think anymore can be said.

38yrs • M •
The Begining is new to Captain Cynic and has less than 15 posts. New members have certain restrictions and must fill in CAPTCHAs to use various parts of the site.
some more can be said

the son of the man
his son died
what about him

"But the tax collector stood at a distance. He would not even look up to heaven, but beat his breast and said, 'God, have mercy on me, a sinner."
 38yrs • M •
what about the iraqi he didnt chose to be invaded
which destiny do they master tell me there destiny
what did they chose.

33yrs • M •
Well this iraqi you keep refering to is a short sighted one my friend. Were not trying to hurt him. America went after after terrorists. In short Alkida. We were never bothering tis man. He chose to defend his country by shooting at us first. You said defending his country. My friend This senario you set up. He attacked the americans first. And by that standard. "Live by the sword die by the sword."

38yrs • M •
Thanks for the clarity.

but when I say Iraqi I mean the one who went out just to buy some detergent to wash his clothes and was killed by a bomb.

Reviewing “your live by the sword die by the sword”
It is true that all things must come full circle

But

I want to give you another one from the bible.
“The lord makes it rain on the just and the unjust.”
This will help you explain why mob bosses can live to 80
And young innocent girls in Dafur can get raped at 13

Or why people can be born rich in one country and others can be born into abject poverty
There is some randomness to life whether you accept it or not
And tragedy happens to all

The people in the world trade center weren't murders and thugs
They just happen to work in a tall building.

Where their sword?

33yrs • M •
Well i guess your right.
Those people in the world trade centers.
They dident have any clue that was coming and they dident do anything to anyone.
ill admit there are some X factors in life. Thats a givin.
But for the MOST part we are in controll.

38yrs • M •
For the most part

Okay...Why should I Fear God? - Page 4
  1    2    3    4  
About Captain Cynic
Common FAQ's
Captain Cynic Guides
Contact Us
Terms of Use
Privacy Policy
General Forum Rules
Cynic Trust Levels
Administrative Contact Forum
Registration
Lost Password
General Discussion
Philosophy Forums
Psychology Forums
Health Forums
Quote Submissions
Promotions & Links
 Captain Cynic on Facebook
 Captain Cynic on Twitter
 Captain Cynic RSS Feed
 Daily Tasker
Copyright © 2011 Captain Cynic All Rights Reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy