Women and cats will do as they please, and men and dogs should relax and get used to the idea. - Pouky
Captain Cynic Guides
Administrative Contact
Talk Talk
Philosophy Forum
Religion Forum
Psychology Forum
Science & Technology Forum
Politics & Current Events Forum
Health & Wellness Forum
Sexuality & Intimacy Forum
Product Reviews
Stories & Poetry Forum
Art Forum
Movie/TV Reviews
Jokes & Games
Photos, Videos & Music Forum

Kids these days! - Page 2

User Thread
 32yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that zyphon is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
people of today have a lot of problems. But it doesnt help with the media and everybody else always talking about the worst in people or what went wrong and whoes bad. Everybody takes a negative point of view.

Maybe if we changed that so would people who listen to it.

"sad is the heart that loves. its usually broken"
 51yrs • F •
A CTL of 1 means that Sorceress is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
You can't change bad circumstances Zyphon. If you are born into poverty and unhappiness its hard to break out of what can only become a bad chain of events - negativity can't just become positivity at a blink of an eye. Depression or fear or the strong controlling the weak is not a minor problem, its life for millions of humans on this Earth.

""Each child holds the world in an open hand to mould it into any shape they choose.""
 31yrs • M •
Jac The Young is new to Captain Cynic and has less than 15 posts. New members have certain restrictions and must fill in CAPTCHAs to use various parts of the site.
Alot of us kids are screwd up, i dont know the reason we are screwd up, but i think i turned out kind of ok.I think its because my parents have taken care of me and really loved me, i hope my kids turn out good because of me.Well anyway i feel the biggest reason is kids learn bad things from their parents or are forgotten, and want to be recognized, sometimes it isnt in a good way.

"I think the the bottle is half full, not half empty."
 35yrs • F •
GuitarGirl is new to Captain Cynic and has less than 15 posts. New members have certain restrictions and must fill in CAPTCHAs to use various parts of the site.
zyphon i think the kid nos all that is bad and he doesnt no wut he is doing he just nos its getting him attention so he does it.......thats my opinion

"Hi"
 46yrs • F •
A CTL of 1 means that blossom_brat is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
well~I kinda got the family ALMOST kicked out of our community, but their back and the kids back killing dogs..latest "RANDOM" act of tourture he aimlessly enjoyed was hangin a puppy by its neck giggled about the puppy struggleing GASPING for life and then finally sinjing the puppy I HOPE THE PUPPY WAS DEAD by the time this came around...then threw the puppy in the road for everyone to see...this little kid needs help I told his mother and she was like "yeah well thats up to me" these FREAKIN BASTARD CHILDREN..!!

""knowledge is my biggest influence" buju"
 42yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that Chained Wings is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
This sort of thing is happening here too in Australia. More and more often.
I really wonder WHY younger people can lose their humanity so much, they find amusement and pleasure in the torture of innocent helpless animals.

Animal cruelty is probably top of my list of things that really hurt me deep in my heart.

And I hear stories about cats being skinned alive, rabbits being burnt by cigarettes and dogs being mutilated all the time.

I think it this is a sign of the times. When society has the rolemodels it does today (like Britney Spears who cannot even look after her own kids without breaking their limbs and rappers who glorify being the coldest, most unfeeling, hardest killer to live etc.) to look up to; and when they feel no one loves them; and hate is the modern love; and they see all the wars and the world seems so bent on killing its fellow man, then these kids are probably trying to fit into that world they see. Its like yelling to the world, "See! Im just like everyone else!"

Its just kids and teenagers will always have the loudest most over the top statement.

Or maybe they feel so afraid and helpless that by doing the things they do, they can become the one in power. They feel victimised by society, so by finding something weaker than themlsves and victimising it they feel in control for once on their lives.

I have no proper answer. And Im sure someone on this site will come up with a better one. Im merely trying to understand something I see as so appalling it hurts me to even hear about it.

All I know is... I have never caught any of them to find out why they do it. And maybe that is a good thing. As I am terrified I would lose all the humanity and care I pride myself in for a very short time, to redress what I see as a terrible imbalance in society.

WOE BE THE PERSON I CATCH WHO TORTURES AN INNOCENT ANIMAL. FOR THEY SHALL LEARN TO EMPATHISE WITH THEIR VICTIM. ON A LEGENDARY SCALE.

"When I was a child I flew! Then as an adult- I watched others soar."
 51yrs • F •
Maybe this kid is hurting so much inside because he isn't loved and he isn't noticed and he isn't in control of his life and his feelings, killing an innocent animal manifests how bloody awful his life is and how bad he feels inside. It has to be a cry for attention - Hey look at me I'm powerful, I'm hurting but I can hurt something else too and I'm in control this time.

""Each child holds the world in an open hand to mould it into any shape they choose.""
 42yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that Chained Wings is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
Sorceress, I know you mean well. But youve mostly just reworded what I was pondering- then made it sound like the poor wittle kiddie is the innocent victim here. It was the puppy that was the victim.

One of the problems I see today is we are becoming too soft as a society. Kids are allowed to run riot. Just look at the reaction from the mother when she is told of the atrocity her son committed?

Im more likely to bet the child does this- not because he is in pain- but because he is bored. And because he has never been taught right or wrong or any kind of morality. And because he knows when he does these things for kicks to relieve his boredom, he KNOWS he can get away with it.

And Im sure the punishment at the very most this kid /teenager will have to do, is go to some bleeding heart counsellor who thinks like you do Sorceress, and feels that the kid is some poor lonely creature who is "crying out for help"

WHY IS IT NOWADAYS EVERYTIME SOMEONE ACTS LIKE AN ASSHOLE ITS A "CRY FOR HELP" ?

Maybe that is the reason every one is out for themselves and doesn't give a fuck about anyone or anything other than themselves.

He wasn't crying for help. He was dancing around, merrily singing songs of glee about another life that was suffering and dying in front of him.

To me, a cry for help would be more like:

"Mom! Mom! Help me! The noose hurts! I cant breathe. I dont want to die! Im sorry! Please help me!" as I tighten the very same noose that kid used on the puppy around his neck, and watch his face turn purple until I actually SEE his undertsnding in his eyes of what suffering really is.

And I bet if the child was made to feel the exact feeling that puppy felt as it gasped for air and its neck was slowly being constricted then he would maybe, just maybe empathise a little better with the world. And may not do such horrible acts in the future.

Im also sure it would have a better overall impact on him, than if he went to some child psychologist who gives him a sweet, pats him on the head, and says, "Oh poor little Johnny. Your life is so tough isn't it? You're the victim here, not the dog. You have every right to be angry at the world and act like you do. But please, try to understand that torturing and mutilating other living creatures is wrong. Mmmmkay?"

I know my statements may not be appropriate and may even get this post edited or deleted. And I apologise in advance for what Ive said if it has upset anyone.

But I am so sick of turning on the radio, TV, or reading in the paper, and even on this site now, about the decline of this civilisation. As retards in makeup mope about, having hissy fits about poor Brittany Spears. Who has never gone hungry a day in her life, and who has the world at her feet but chooses to be unhappy.

The world is so screwed and it seems the more it slides into oblivion, the more we try to make merry to keep the end out of our minds.

Wake the fuck up! We are all responsible for the direction this world goes in. Dont just blame its leaders. Dont just turn a blind eye when our children start to lose their humanity.

Because in the end, we will all suffer for our myopic apathy and excuses.

"When I was a child I flew! Then as an adult- I watched others soar."
 32yrs • M •
sorceress i was not saying that people should turn a blind eye to all of the bad things that happen. what i was saying is, on the radio the tv the internet all of them love to tell about how a coach loved by everyone turns out to be a rapist, how some jack ass soldiers unnecisarily torture the enemy or rape the women, how, this kids dad commited suicide or how kids shot each other with a gauge while playing guns, how little kids will torture animals, how people enjoy lighting buildings on fire while people are inside and will listen to the screams of the people trapped inside, how grown men get off by raping little children even little fucking 3 YEAR OLDS yes some of the world is screwed up. but why do we solely focuss on the part of the world that is screwed up? what the hells the problem with trying to talk about something that went right like how many soldiers are still alive how people save lives?
well i gotta go.. latter all.

68yrs • F •
A CTL of 1 means that Chiron is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
quote:
WHY IS IT NOWADAYS EVERYTIME SOMEONE ACTS LIKE AN ASSHOLE ITS A "CRY FOR HELP" ?

Wake the fuck up! We are all responsible for the direction this world goes in. Dont just blame its leaders. Dont just turn a blind eye when our children start to lose their humanity.

Oh, extremely well said ChainedW!!!
I think you have outlined the most important aspect of this debate.

51yrs • F •
Look, I'm not saying what the kid di or what kids do in general isn't wrong. Of course its wrong, we all agree on how awful their behaviour is and we are all outraged by the consequences of their actions, the poor helpless animals getting abused or the victims of the street gangs or whatever! Of course its bloody wrong, and of course as a society its plain as day that something isn't right with these kids and we are all in agreement I believe that nothing appears to be getting done about it.

However. You still have to look at the kids' behaviour and ask why are they doing it, why are they behaving in such an anti-social manner? What is the circumstances behind the cycle of events that are spiralling out of control here? To cure any illness or disease including social ones, you have to look at the symptoms and treat them individually.

Its no good just saying, "Oh my God the world's turned to shit, the kids are out of control, society has lost its morality and people are cut off and blind to society's ills, we are all doomed!"

What a crock! People don't act violently, or ant-socially because they are living ordinary everyday happy lives. They have motivations behind their actions. You don't kill a pet cat because you're bored! I'm sorry but you don't. You kill a pet cat because you are fucked up in the head and society in some way, maybe family breakdown maybe media brainwashing, whatever! There's a reason, there's always a reason. And if we as a civilised society don't try and understand the reasons why people behave the way they do, we will never be a happy, contented, well-balanced people, simple as that.

50yrs • F •
A CTL of 1 means that AngelicUpstart is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
Parents are responsible for how their kids behave. Once a child goes on to be an adult and is making his or her own decisions about life, then they can choose the wrong path obviously, but whilst they are kids, then parents should be teaching them ethics, morals, social etiquette etc.

Too many "bad parents" look to blame someone else for what is fundamentally their problem. Maybe if they looked in before they looked out, they would have a better chance of fixing the problem.

I'm a parent, and whilst my children are not perfect, they know right from wrong. They don't always do right, but when they do wrong, they know it's wrong and there are consequences. Unfortunately, too many children don't have any consequences for their actions thus they never learn.

"Be Afraid - the world needs more fraids!"
 51yrs • F •
I actually don't agree with you. Sure a lot of it can be down to the parents, but children, especially those teenagers who are no longer little kids but not quite adults and are looking away from their parents aren't tied to their parents apron strings. Parents cannot be constantly held accountable for young adults who have their own thoughts and motivations. These individuals (because that is what they are) spend a very tiny amount of the week actually with their parents. They are at school or college and then perhaps have clubs or friends they hang around with in the afternoon and early evening and at the weekends. Perhaps some of the older ones have part time jobs. How much time really do they spend with their parents?

OK early on when they are younger parents have and should have a greater influence over their lives, but seriously, even young school children spend at least six hours out of the school day not being influenced by their parents but by teachers and peers and then the television or books or PCs etc. etc. etc.

These are young, individuals who have to be seen as influenced socially and emotionally by so much more than familial bonds. Surely the governments and society as a whole has to be accountable for what young minds are subject to at school and through the media and not just by their parents very small input at the dinner table and in a very few hours out of a long day.

I'm probably babbling but my point is, parental responsibility can only go so far when for most of the day kids are nowhere near their parents.

32yrs • M •
i agree.
up until i was 15 i was hooked to my parents, my mom believed that kids shouldnt have rights iuntil there 18. when i hit 15 i started working for people after school and helping the neighbors, working on my bike and cars. the only time we spent together was when we were eating dinner. so we didnt spend much time at all. and i loved it.

Kids these days! - Page 2
  1    2  
About Captain Cynic
Common FAQ's
Captain Cynic Guides
Contact Us
Terms of Use
Privacy Policy
General Forum Rules
Cynic Trust Levels
Administrative Contact Forum
Registration
Lost Password
General Discussion
Philosophy Forums
Psychology Forums
Health Forums
Quote Submissions
Promotions & Links
 Captain Cynic on Facebook
 Captain Cynic on Twitter
 Captain Cynic RSS Feed
 Daily Tasker
Copyright © 2011 Captain Cynic All Rights Reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy