Problems cannot be solved by the same level of thinking that created them. - Einstein
Captain Cynic Guides
Administrative Contact
Talk Talk
Philosophy Forum
Religion Forum
Psychology Forum
Science & Technology Forum
Politics & Current Events Forum
Health & Wellness Forum
Sexuality & Intimacy Forum
Product Reviews
Stories & Poetry Forum
Art Forum
Movie/TV Reviews
Jokes & Games
Photos, Videos & Music Forum

Eragon

User Thread
 30yrs • M •
Markh is new to Captain Cynic and has less than 15 posts. New members have certain restrictions and must fill in CAPTCHAs to use various parts of the site.
Eragon
I love this book. I've read it 3 times.

36yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that Cynic-Al is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
i keep meaning to read it, i saw it in my school library before i came to uni and thought it looked interesting, but it was a kids book so i didn't get it out. though i went to see the film with my family over xmas cos my sis really wanted to see it, how do the film and book compare?

"So Schrodinger's Cat is not only neither dead nor alive, but might also be sexually aroused by elbows and peanut butter?"
 40yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that Wyote is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
Finished the book a while ago. The movie does no justice to Saphira, she has much more depth and peronality in the book. Also poor acting isn't a factor within your own imagination, unless you're some kinda weirdo.

http://captaincynic.com/thread/58143/inheritance.htm

"A loving heart is the beginning of all knowledge. - Thomas Carlyle"
 36yrs • F •
A CTL of 1 means that Attolia is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
So does the movie reflect the book well? Plot, character, scenery etc? I found it boring because it's a nothing new. Harry Potter is nothing new either, but it's written and directed in a way to excite. Eragon (the movie) is terrible.

"How can we be just in a world without mercy and merciful in a world without justice?"
 32yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that zyphon is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
I have read eragon and eldest atleast three times each. And when i heard about the movie i thought it was going to be cool then i say the previews and new they screwed up. I have been told practically the whole movie and the movie has nothing to do with the book besides maybe the same storyline and acting names, thats it. I mean ffeathered dragon wings? Ra'zac on smok dragons? Do the Ra'zac actually die in the movie? Because if they do then the makers did not read eldest. Or they dont plan on making successful movies. The book was great and the movie does not do the book justice. How can they make everything connect when needed characters die and they change how characters die and a bunch of turning points. I mean saphira is supposed to grow gradually, fast yes but gradual not fly into the clouds and get hit by lightning and come out full grown. BULL-lonneeyyyyyyy. Well i guess you can see were i stand, but hey what do they rest of you think?

"sad is the heart that loves. its usually broken"
 40yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that Wyote is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
That was the biggest problem I had too. They just screwed up a lot of important elements that make the books so great. Saphira is such an interesting character, full of personality. In the movie she's slightly cooler than Barney. If they had made the movie R rated and four hours long it might have been ok, but even then I doubt it.

"A loving heart is the beginning of all knowledge. - Thomas Carlyle"
Eragon
About Captain Cynic
Common FAQ's
Captain Cynic Guides
Contact Us
Terms of Use
Privacy Policy
General Forum Rules
Cynic Trust Levels
Administrative Contact Forum
Registration
Lost Password
General Discussion
Philosophy Forums
Psychology Forums
Health Forums
Quote Submissions
Promotions & Links
 Captain Cynic on Facebook
 Captain Cynic on Twitter
 Captain Cynic RSS Feed
 Daily Tasker
Copyright © 2011 Captain Cynic All Rights Reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy