We are the people... without us the country doesn't exist, nor do the leaders - gothabomber
Captain Cynic Guides
Administrative Contact
Talk Talk
Philosophy Forum
Religion Forum
Psychology Forum
Science & Technology Forum
Politics & Current Events Forum
Health & Wellness Forum
Sexuality & Intimacy Forum
Product Reviews
Stories & Poetry Forum
Art Forum
Movie/TV Reviews
Jokes & Games
Photos, Videos & Music Forum

Interracial Relationships

User Thread
 53yrs • F •
S0Belle is new to Captain Cynic and has less than 15 posts. New members have certain restrictions and must fill in CAPTCHAs to use various parts of the site.
I would like some feedback on what to do about this situation. I have met a great guy recently who I really like and who likes me. He is black and I am white. He only dates white women and his family has no problem with it. I've never dated a black man and my family defintiely does not approve of interracial relationships. I'm not sure what to do about this. I love my family but worry they won't even talk to me again if I tell them about this. I know that he and I could be together for a very long time as we enjoy all the same things and have found something in each other that we both have been looking for for a very long time. I'm just not sure what to do. Should I let this guy go because of my family or risk everything and tell them. And how do I even tell them? I'm so torn over this. Any advice would be appreciated. Thanks!

"Live life to it's fullest and always smile! :)"
[  Edited by S0Belle at   ]
 53yrs • F •
S0Belle is new to Captain Cynic and has less than 15 posts. New members have certain restrictions and must fill in CAPTCHAs to use various parts of the site.
You are so right. I didn't raise my kids to see color so why should I allow my family to? I guess if they can't accept him then they don't accept me. Thanks for the reminder.

"Live life to it's fullest and always smile! :)"
 33yrs • F •
raven818 is new to Captain Cynic and has less than 15 posts. New members have certain restrictions and must fill in CAPTCHAs to use various parts of the site.
I think that if your family loved you they would eventually get over it, and im pretty sure they do care about you, but you gotta see that most parents were raised during a time when race WAS an issue. And if thats the way they were taught , then maybe you could teach them to see things your way, and if you genuinely care for this person you and this man should sit your family down and tell them " look we care about eachother ,we like eachother , and it would make me happy" bc when it comes to family thats usually all that matters and when they see that YOU are happy then they will get over their issues with interracial relationships.
<3 raven

"" live life to the fullest""
About Captain Cynic
Common FAQ's
Captain Cynic Guides
Contact Us
Terms of Use
Privacy Policy
General Forum Rules
Cynic Trust Levels
Administrative Contact Forum
Registration
Lost Password
General Discussion
Philosophy Forums
Psychology Forums
Health Forums
Quote Submissions
Promotions & Links
 Captain Cynic on Facebook
 Captain Cynic on Twitter
 Captain Cynic RSS Feed
 Daily Tasker
Copyright © 2011 Captain Cynic All Rights Reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy