Stories & Poetry Forum
Art Forum
Movie/TV Reviews
Jokes & Games
Photos, Videos & Music Forum

Emotions

User Thread
 47yrs • M •
tiekie is new to Captain Cynic and has less than 15 posts. New members have certain restrictions and must fill in CAPTCHAs to use various parts of the site.
Emotions
Hallo everyone

Im studying psyhcology and i have one magor question to answer and for my research need other peoples viewpoints on this question

Q - Do you think that emotions are the result or cause of physiological changes?

I would really appreciate you help on this

Cheers

"Always look at the funny side of life"
 34yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that MugenNoKarayami is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
Of course it does. certain stimulations in the body trigger an orchestra of chemicals in your brain to react accordingly, creating 'emotions'

I really want to think that the saying " with every action, there is a reaction " fits in this situation, but I would feel more comfortable with an outside confirmation, for aI can't really think 'straight' at the moment.

but when I reread the question, are you asking whether it is one or the other? whether emotions are the RESULT or the CAUSE of the physiological changes?

If that is so, in my mind, I proclaim it would be of said 'RESULT', although it would be from the second set of chemical reactions.

not sure if any of this is making sense but I'm throwing it out there anyway because I like the way it sounds to me hahha.

"I'm a human being, God Dammit!! My life has value!!!"
 33yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that PhilipMui is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
I think emotions, emotions can't be explained by cause and effect, it's like explain or predicting nature, nature is unpredictable , no matter how much man says man can predict, it is unpredictable. Thus emotions come from one thing that no machine can test, the soul. Remember that, man created pyhscology *sorry spelling* because there's certain things about us you can't explain, and what does man do to things that can't be explain? Change or the destruction of the whole ideal or essence.

"Thy Lovest Soul"
 37yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that Zach is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
I would like to think that emotions cause the reactions. Although I don't really know.

51yrs • F •
A CTL of 1 means that Sorceress is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
I believe our emotions are born out of the complex interaction between the physical, ie brain processes, chemical reactions caused by a chain reaction in the web of neurons that are all interconected in our brain and the environmental including our social interactions.

Have you looked at neural networks yet?
Also good to look at is Pavlov and conditioning stuff.
Emotions can be controlled and manipulated experimentally, whether rightly or wrongly.

Therefore a result or cause is not the right way to look at it rather as a complex interaction between biological and environmental processes. Good luck with your research.

""Each child holds the world in an open hand to mould it into any shape they choose.""
 46yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that Black Gold is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
My first response is something I've heard…
That is, that, A does not always cause B, or B cause A. It is in fact that C causes both A and B, and can explain their existence together.

My second response is that both emotions are both the cause and result, due to them being involved in a cycle fashion.

But to try and stick to the question, it is probably more noticeable that how you're feeling affects your body (symptomatic), rather than being particularly emotional due how your body may or may not be doing something. I guess the idea is, that, you're a little less associated in your interests that way.

By the way “Good Luck with the course!”

"There is no negative one..."
Emotions
About Captain Cynic
Common FAQ's
Captain Cynic Guides
Contact Us
Terms of Use
Privacy Policy
General Forum Rules
Cynic Trust Levels
Administrative Contact Forum
Registration
Lost Password
General Discussion
Philosophy Forums
Psychology Forums
Health Forums
Quote Submissions
Promotions & Links
 Captain Cynic on Facebook
 Captain Cynic on Twitter
 Captain Cynic RSS Feed
 Daily Tasker
Copyright © 2011 Captain Cynic All Rights Reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy