A thorn defends the rose, harming only those who would steal the blossom - cutencuddly
Captain Cynic Guides
Administrative Contact
Talk Talk
Philosophy Forum
Religion Forum
Psychology Forum
Science & Technology Forum
Politics & Current Events Forum
Health & Wellness Forum
Sexuality & Intimacy Forum
Product Reviews
Stories & Poetry Forum
Art Forum
Movie/TV Reviews
Jokes & Games
Photos, Videos & Music Forum

why i run

User Thread
 43yrs • F •
fyrfly is new to Captain Cynic and has less than 15 posts. New members have certain restrictions and must fill in CAPTCHAs to use various parts of the site.
why i run
Morning is the best time to run, before the air is corrupted with obligations, and the bushes are sealed in a glowing gossamer. That's when I like to go. Not only is it an amazing progression in my goal of being fit, but it creates an indescribable calm that lasts throughout the day. It's the reason I don't fall apart. Something about the lurid sky and how it limits how high the trees grow just sends me down a rabbit hole, and I come out the other end a more respectable person than before.
Its mornings that I run my feet into the pavement when I think most about what I want in life. It reminds me that I didn't originate from the archetype mold that many derive from. I'm different. Although my thoughts are amorphous, I still can read them as though they were my own personal alphabet. As my thoughts remind me how I wish I was more erudite, I run over stumps and hop over leaves feeling quite inscrutable. I like it that way. One could infer that I am quite insular, which would be entirely correct. Its that characteristic that keeps me self sufficient. Its mornings like this that I know myself the best.
The moist aura pumps adrenaline through my veins, and the promise of accomplishment keeps me going. Although every step on my return home brings me closer to limitation, poverty, and contraband, my mind is aggrandized just a tiny bit more than when I left. The end of my morning run is always met by my affable home, and the comfort its interior provides. This is why I run, and why I always will.

"never give up, never give in"
why i run
About Captain Cynic
Common FAQ's
Captain Cynic Guides
Contact Us
Terms of Use
Privacy Policy
General Forum Rules
Cynic Trust Levels
Administrative Contact Forum
Registration
Lost Password
General Discussion
Philosophy Forums
Psychology Forums
Health Forums
Quote Submissions
Promotions & Links
 Captain Cynic on Facebook
 Captain Cynic on Twitter
 Captain Cynic RSS Feed
 Daily Tasker
Copyright © 2011 Captain Cynic All Rights Reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy