I wish I could stand on a street corner, hat in hand, and beg people to throw me their wasted hours - Star Man
Captain Cynic Guides
Administrative Contact
Talk Talk
Philosophy Forum
Religion Forum
Psychology Forum
Science & Technology Forum
Politics & Current Events Forum
Health & Wellness Forum
Sexuality & Intimacy Forum
Product Reviews
Stories & Poetry Forum
Art Forum
Movie/TV Reviews
Jokes & Games
Photos, Videos & Music Forum

Any new genre's of music?

User Thread
 36yrs • F •
A CTL of 1 means that Attolia is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
Are there any new genre's or types of music out there? I get the sense that everything is just being rehashed from old things. Older styles come up in a modified version. I'm not to informed about the music world (besides the annoying everywhere in your life top 40 world.)

If there are new genre's, or a genre you think few people know about, post links too.

"How can we be just in a world without mercy and merciful in a world without justice?"
 36yrs • M •
aphfaneire is new to Captain Cynic and has less than 15 posts. New members have certain restrictions and must fill in CAPTCHAs to use various parts of the site.
Well for one there's an imerging world of indie/rap music and punk/rap music. For one there is a genre called Crunk which involves mainly african-americans or african-britans singing fast pop-punk and early punk era type music with political and social messages similar and even influenced by rap and r'n'b. This one trend ive noticed, but other than that most music is the same as ever, and most of it changes names and style so much that nothing is what it is said to be.

For a prime example, "emo" doesnt actually exist, apparently according to its original bands it died in the late 90's. But new Pop-punk/punk/emo bands are said to be emo, and then the more gothic of those bands are also said to be emo. There is no way that Fall out Boy is the same genre as Fueneral for a Friend, or any of that, its the media typecasting music, which should never be done.

If people like music dispite its routes, origins or influence, let them call it what they like, dont tell them what it is.

34yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that thelivingend is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.

christin death metal / black christin death metal
rofl

"and then, everyone died."
About Captain Cynic
Common FAQ's
Captain Cynic Guides
Contact Us
Terms of Use
Privacy Policy
General Forum Rules
Cynic Trust Levels
Administrative Contact Forum
Registration
Lost Password
General Discussion
Philosophy Forums
Psychology Forums
Health Forums
Quote Submissions
Promotions & Links
 Captain Cynic on Facebook
 Captain Cynic on Twitter
 Captain Cynic RSS Feed
 Daily Tasker
Copyright © 2011 Captain Cynic All Rights Reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy